TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 01:16 PM

Default My photo's

I couldn't figure out how to resize the images to get them on the forum. I will send the photos over to Lesa.

I just emailed the to the support@turbulencetrainng.com email.
Shawn

Last edited by shawnss711 : 04-09-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Even though I wasn't able to get my after photo done on the day of my 12 week, I still really wanted to enter. So here is my "unofficial entry" into the contest. I'm really proud of my continued progress.

Name: Gilbert Proulx
Entry: Pro Division
Starting Weight: 184
Final Weight: 172

These past 12 weeks have felt like 6 months… Except, they essentially have. After finishing the 18th TT contest and placing 2nd, I was offered the chance to do it again. Back to back? Why not? If this is truly a new lifestyle, then it should be a cakewalk… Who would be crazy enough to do something like that? I had to see for myself.

New lifestyle, yes! Cakewalk, not so much. As I continued on my fitness journey, I also found myself continuing on with the job of parenthood! Babies are a lot of work, and this made it more challenging to balance my family life, work life and my fitness life. I found an incredible balance between all three though so that I could get the best of all three worlds without feeling deprived of the other. Making time to exercise, making time for family, I finally have all of these components locked in. It’s the first time in my life where I’ve essentially stopped obsessing over my weight and over my food choices. I’m no longer a slave to the scale and I’ve started trusting in the process. Your results are directly reflective of the work you put into it. There’s no way around it. You can’t get mad at the scale for showing a number. You know what’s been going in your body and you also need to be accountable for your workouts. Bottom line = Eat Healthy, Workout – Big Results.

I continued on with the TT programs. I started with the 2k14 TT, moved onto depletion and am currently still on the meathead pump (can’t get enough of it). Every workout, I made sure I was giving 100% intensity. This resulted in strength gains throughout the program and even resulted in a couple of pounds of muscle gain. The workouts are quick and extremely effective. There is so much variety that it is virtually impossible to be bored with a program. If you ever feel stagnant, you just switch it up.

To further my own affirmations with this lifestyle, I even started consulting people with workouts and nutrition. It is a true inspiration for me to know that there are people who are trying to improve their own fitness levels and I take a lot of pride in seeing them reach their goals.

I am so proud of myself for all that I have done. I am proud for everyone around me who are even trying to make healthier choices in their lives. I would eventually like to get my TT certification. I believe I’d be the only one in Regina to have that, and I would love to be able to enhance my own training abilities. As always, I can’t thank Craig enough for his daily support and inspiration!

Sincerely,

Gilbert Proulx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg final.jpg (73.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 04:13 PM

Post Leo's Entry

Turbulence Training Transformation Contest #19
Category: PRO Men
Name: Leobardo Garza
Height: 5í9Ē
Starting Weight (January 15, 2014): 158 pounds
Finish Weight (April 9, 2014): 163 pounds
TT Programs used: Meatheads Off-Season, Gain Muscle and Lose Fat 2.0, Meatheads 100 Rep Challenge.

I began to workout in January after coming back from holidays and detouring a little from fitness and dieting. I had been active but not focusing very much in results, just doing some workouts.

With this 3 month journey I have seen plenty of results. I gained 5 pounds of muscle. I lowered my body fat by 1%-2%. I feel stronger and I like the progress I have got so far.

Working out in the morning keeps me consistent, however I must recognize that I still struggle to get up 1 hour earlier in the morning, which is the only time that I can get the workouts done. Sleeping early the night before really helps me to wake up much more rested. This has helped me develop a strong habit of working out 3 times per week, have breakfast everyday and not skip meals.

I had some problems in this 12 week journey that made me skip a couple of weeks of training. One of them was a painful cramp that I got while competing in a mountain biking marathon, this left me very sore and I decided to rest until fully recovered. The other problem was a really bad flu that also made me take a rest and skip a couple of workouts.

Turbulence Training, Craig, Mike, and TT members really inspire me and help me stay on track. I am also inspired by friends that I know also workout, run, bike or are involved in sports because I know they also go through hard work when training and I can easily relate to them.

I find easier to develop consistency with Turbulence Training workouts because they only have me workout 3 times per week, with short, intense workouts that get me results, so I do not get overwhelmed with daily workouts or worried due to risk of injury. It is also great to be able to workout in my own home gym.

Even though I try to follow the simple nutrition principles I know my nutrition has room for improvement. However, I will continue to work in my nutrition to get better at this.

I would like to thank Craig and TT members for all their support, motivation and training advice.

Leo Garza
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1221_before.jpg (94.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg P1020154_after.jpg (90.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg P1020155_after.jpg (90.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1020170_after.jpg (90.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg P1020172_after.jpg (91.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Default Before. After. Always

Catherine Gordon
Age 49 (50 in 3 weeks)
Pro Division
Start weight 127
End Weight 122

TT Thermogenic
Home Workout Revolution
TT For Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks

Before. After. Always.

I canít believe itís been almost 6 years since I won the 2nd Turbulence Training Transformation Contest.

Is long term fat loss maintenance exciting? Well I sure think it is!

I decided to enter the Pro division of the TT contest because Iím turning 50 this month, and so many of my friends are passing this milestone too. What does it mean for a woman to turn 50 today? Is this middle age? Am I supposed to behave differently now?

Funny, I look better now than I ever did at 25 or 35. I have so much more energy too. I teach 7 TT classes a week. I have a husband and a 13 year old son I adore. One of the best parts is that, at nearly 50 I get to play the Femme Fatale as an actor instead of nuns and old ladies. (Yes, Iím even working in the Theatre again thanks to TT.)

The workouts I chose were TT Thermogenic, Home Workout Revolution, and TT For Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks.

I followed my own Sugar Freedom Diet, and I made some adjustments to it on the advice of Fit Body Bootcamp owner Rebecca Tabbert. The Sugar Freedom diet eliminates all added sugar, grains, and vegetable oils. Healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, and Kerrygold Butter are encouraged.

Rebecca thought I needed less fat, more carbs (which I got by adding sweet potatoes) and more protein, which I supplemented with Bio Trust low-carb protein powder. It really did the trick, and my appetite wasnít triggered as it has been in the past by other powders.

My biggest obstacle was getting enough recovery time. Iíve got my sleep dialed in, but if you donít take time to recover by resting and relaxing, itís hard for your body composition to improve.

As always, it was so good to post in the TT forums, and connect with the wonderfully supportive people there.

I know that we will see wonderful transformations come out of this contest. I am so proud to teach the Turbulence Training method which is safe, amazingly effective, and never ever dull.

I am a Turbulence Trainer for life. Before. After. Always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C TT 2.jpg (26.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg C TT small.jpg (24.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Cath before 4:9.jpg (55.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 PM

Default Tandace Duke's Transformation

1) My name is Tandace Duke
2) What TT program(s) did you use? Trained with TT Trainer Brent Neevel
3) What's your age? 32
4) Before waist measurement 39.5. After waist measurement .37
5) Before chest measurement 42. After chest measurement 41.
6) Before body fat % measurement 44%. After body fat % measurement 40.6%.
7) Before weight 234. After weight 214.
8) Have you won a prize in one of our past TT Transformation Contests? No

Before joining the Turbulence Training contest, I was getting settled into my new life back in the ďreal worldĒ. I had just gotten out of the Army after 10 years of service so it really felt like I was starting over from scratch. After securing a new job and finding a place to live in the area, I knew my next priority had to be feeling like myself again.

Being in the Army, I was no stranger to hard work and pushing myself to the limit. There was a time in my life when I was in excellent physical condition and very good health. I took a lot of pride in myself as a Soldier and always tried to be the best. In 2011, I returned to the US from my second deployment to Iraq and that is when everything started to change. Adjusting to life after being deployed was very difficult for me this time around. I felt very angry and alone. I was unmotivated and just didnít feel like myself at all. It took me almost a year, but I finally decided to talk to someone and get help. I was diagnosed with PTSD and depression. Over that year, I had gained 75 pounds and really lost any self-esteem that I had. I felt like a failure and that I had let everyone down. I had let myself get so far off track, that I could no longer do everything the Army expected of me. Being so over weight, I couldnít keep up with our physical training sessions, and I couldnít set a good example for my junior Soldiers. I decided that the best move I could do was to leave the Army and start a new chapter in my life.

Eventually, after therapy, I was able to get out of my depression and start feeling normal again. I still found it difficult to feel truly happy though. I wasnít happy being so overweight and unhealthy. I had no energy or self-worth. I finally made the decision to join a gym, and that is when I started working with Brent, my trainer.

I have been having a lot of fun working with my trainer and learning so much. Coming from the Army, our workouts were very regimented and regulated. It has been great to be able to learn and do other exercises. Before working with Brent, I hadnít worked with free weights very much during my workouts, so that has been a new experience. The workouts Brent has me doing really push me and reminds me of how strong I am. I am really enjoying seeing myself improve and getting stronger with each session.

Training with Brent has been one of the best things I could have done for myself. With his help I have not only seen a difference on the scale and my physical health, but it has also given me my confidence back. I am starting to feel like myself again and I am liking myself again. Although I havenít lost all of the weight yet, I know that I am going in the right direction now. With Brentís help and using all of the knowledge he has given me, I am confident that I will eventually be able to meet my goal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tandace before.jpg (37.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Tandace after.jpg (36.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Default Josh Pavlicek's Transformation

1) My name is Josh Pavlicek
2) What TT program(s) did you use? Trained with TT Trainer Brent Neevel
3) What's your age? 21
4) Before waist measurement 46. After waist measurement 43.
5) Before chest measurement 42.5. After chest measurement 42.5.
6) Before body fat % measurement 27.7%. After body fat % measurement 25.1%.
7) Before weight 248. After weight 237.
8) Have you won a prize in one of our past TT Transformation Contests? No

To learn about my 12 week transformation journey, we need to go back to when I started my weight loss journey that began on September 6, 2012. It was that exact date when I finally had enough of my unhealthy diet and weighing 310 lbs. I began with small changes to my diet like switching to diet soda, more fruits and veggies, etc. In the first three months I lost 20 lbs. I was very proud of myself but noticed weight loss was slowing. In January of 2013 I had a friend who is a long distance runner who got me excited to start running. Immediately I loved it. It seemed different running now than back in high school where I hated it. Maybe it was having someone there to cheer me on? I still remember the first time I was able to run 30 minutes without a break. I was thrilled. Throughout that summer I ran in some small charity events with family and had a great time. Around November I had hit another plateau and wasnít losing any weight but I didnít know what to do. In December the answer came to me after a fall on some ice while running outside that it was time for me to invest in a gym membership.

Joining the gym was probably one of the best things I have ever done for my health. I knew pretty much nothing when it came to how stuff works in the gym. My trainer helped me with all that. He taught me how to use the equipment and more importantly proper form. Having a trainer is really a lot of fun. There is always someone to guide you and push you to do your best. Without my trainers confidence in me I would not have been able to start training for my first half marathon this May. He laid out what I should do on my off training days and just the other day I hit 10 miles for the first time showing that I am clearly on the right path to succeeding at my marathon.

Pushing myself through the contest has increased not only my stamina but my muscle. I can notice a lot of change in my arms and legs on how much more defined they are versus the loose skin that used to be there. I never imagined after only three months I would be able to see noticeable results like that. Whenever I see family and friends they comment on how much healthier I look.

Looking back I am so thankful I started the contest. It created a routine and truly fun workouts that made me look forward to meeting my trainer to workout. The contest has changed my life for the better and has created a happier, healthier me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Josh P before.jpg (37.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Josh P after.jpg (32.5 KB, 13 views)