TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Leslie, I know the scale is annoying to put it mildly. I find when I focus on the fact it's gonna vary always, it doesn't bug me then.

It's another crazy Michigan snowy day
I 'm not complaining, I have lived here for all of my 45 years. We were spoiled the last few years with mild winters. I am looking forward to spring though!

Good times early this morning with Workout B from Thermo 30 Gauntlets
The only modification was the elevated push ups had to do from my knees. I can do full regular push up but not the elevated for more than 3 or 4 reps.

Wednesday is my IF day after lunch.

I am working at the gym until 1 pm then I will go home and eat my lunch.

The clients in my evening boot camp cancelled on me. So I have a little more time than I thought today. I am going to use it to do my taxes. That will be keep me busy enough to keep my mind off food.
Taxes are a little more in depth with my boot camp business but I have everything all together so it should go smoothly.

Shawn
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM

Thankful Thursday
I am thankful to be done with my taxes. I love turbo tax. They are a little pricey but cheaper than a local tax office and I didn't have to leave the house.

As always I am thankful for my family. I got to talk to my oldest son last night. What a treat. He is in the military. I don't get to talk to him very often. He is stationed at Fort Benning so he is much closer than he was in Germany but I still haven't made it down to Georgia.

I enjoyed my breakfast this morning.
Scrambled eggs with zucchini and red pepper, topped with cilantro and 1/2 an avocado
Yum!

Shawn
Old 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM

Hi Shawn - you mentioned fasting. The 24 hr fasts I found to be tough the first few times. Every now and then now I struggle to get through but usually it is not bad. Try it sometime when you know you are going to be busy. I think if you have 10 lbs or more to lose, doing two 24 hr fasts a week or at least one every 5 days (and eating quality food most of the rest of the time) can really jump-start the weight loss. Also I saw you mention a medical procedure coming up - I hope it is minor and goes well!

Old 02-08-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Hi Shawn - you mentioned fasting. The 24 hr fasts I found to be tough the first few times. Every now and then now I struggle to get through but usually it is not bad. Try it sometime when you know you are going to be busy. I think if you have 10 lbs or more to lose, doing two 24 hr fasts a week or at least one every 5 days (and eating quality food most of the rest of the time) can really jump-start the weight loss. Also I saw you mention a medical procedure coming up - I hope it is minor and goes well!
Thank you, Heather
I appreciate the insight.I have found fasting easier than I originally thought, as well.

I did my taxes (Wed) and instead of staying busy, I let it get me stressed. So the stress eating broke my fast. I did realize what was going on and didn't keep up the mindless eating. I recognized the eating pattern and took some deep breaths. It kept me from over eating

I think fasting has helped me in the "mindfulness" of eating in general.

I have had some internal pain going on, just getting some diagnostic tests to see what's going on. Hopefully it's nothing major

Shawn
Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 PM

I am not looking forward to the medical test on Thursday....
I learned something new today. It makes me want to back out of the medical test.
The medication that is used to clean out the colon is related to the main ingredient in antifreeze. Not too happy about that! And Miralax is the same stuff... eww!
I am experiencing internal pain though so I know I need to find out what is going on...
so I will...
Just had to vent. I know the doctors do this procedure all the time but I am a little scared.

I am hanging in there. I got in my workout yesterday morning and I am not eating junk except I had a serving of ice cream last night. The recommended serving size not a big bowl! I was fully aware of what I was doing not stress eating, not eating when I wasn't hungry and fully aware of the proper portion size so it was all good The overeating and stress eating were a downfall in the past. I still catch myself on the stress eating. That was harder to break than the over eating was. It was well within my calorie allotment for the day. I am staying at around 1500-1800 at this time.

I know calorie counting is frowned on by some but I find it keeps me aware. My husband was accusing me of being obsessive the other day but I tried to explain that right now I am focused not obsessed. I am taking in plenty of calories. On my IF days my fitness pal tells me I am being dangerous. I know better though. I am not starving myself and I am positively not doing hours of long boring cardio! Thanks to Craig and TT I hated cardio so bad, but always loved to lift.

Shawn
Old 02-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Smile Thursday

I hope the Drs. are able to find the source of your pain quickly and painlessly and that it's a small matter!

Nice work on the non-stress eating. I'm a stress non-eater. I'm more likely to overeat when times are good! I'm a lousy calorie counter! I just can't figure out how to do calories when what you're eating has multiple ingredients, which most of what I cook does. I'm sure happy you're still here! Leslie
Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I hope the Drs. are able to find the source of your pain quickly and painlessly and that it's a small matter!

Nice work on the non-stress eating. I'm a stress non-eater. I'm more likely to overeat when times are good! I'm a lousy calorie counter! I just can't figure out how to do calories when what you're eating has multiple ingredients, which most of what I cook does. I'm sure happy you're still here! Leslie
Leslie,
I just use my fitness pal.I actually put in my recipes and it figures out the approx calories of my recipe. I am sure it's not super accurate but enough to give me an idea. I pay more attention to the sodium and protein than I do the calories. Sodium instant bloats me and I want to keep the protein high for my muscle growth and fat loss.

I used to be a stress non-eater. I used to pace when I was stressed. All that changed one night when my ex husband took a video cassette case(the old hard plastic kind) to my nose and forehead. I ended up with stitches along side my nose. The next morning when he was at work,I broke down in the middle of the floor(when I went to clean up all my blood off the kitchen floor)and something snapped in me. I just sat there and cried and cried. It was the turning point when I switched from pacing to eating for comfort. Sure I should have ran!
I didn't though. I left that man 100 times before I really left him for good. Maybe I was afraid of being on my own. It was almost 10 years and countless other physical and mental abuse incidents later that I finally left it all behind.

It has taken me years to retrain my brain... Not just on the eating. My confidence level. Learning to be myself again.I spent so many years trying to please that man that I lost myself in the process.

I'm still finding out who I am and it is an amazing process!

I'll stick around for as long as God is willing. I think he has some big plans for this girl

“Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”
― Napoleon Hill

Shawn
Old 02-11-2014, 11:41 PM

Smile Thank you

Shawn,
Thank you for sharing part of your story with me. I love really getting to know people.(even internet friends!) I imagine that the stuff you went through with your ex-husband has created a compassion in you that few possess. It sounds like you are a really strong lady. I really do look forward to knowing and learning from you! Leslie

P.S. I don't think my stress non-eating is a healthy technique either. Stress eating is at least getting the stress outside of your head! I mull things over to point of extreme anxiety. My biggest stress is my second child and oldest son. I bet I could learn something from a Momma of six!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Shawn,
Thank you for sharing part of your story with me. I love really getting to know people.(even internet friends!) I imagine that the stuff you went through with your ex-husband has created a compassion in you that few possess. It sounds like you are a really strong lady. I really do look forward to knowing and learning from you! Leslie

P.S. I don't think my stress non-eating is a healthy technique either. Stress eating is at least getting the stress outside of your head! I mull things over to point of extreme anxiety. My biggest stress is my second child and oldest son. I bet I could learn something from a Momma of six!
Thank you, Leslie

Yes I am strong. I look back and can't even begin to see how I even made it through! I am certainly and advocate for empowering women. No one deserves to be battered!

Parenting is no easy task. I have made lots of mistakes...I do have experience but I learn something new all the time lol. They keep you on your toes. My youngest is quite a handful...but he teaches me about patience. Hang in there and breathe! Just taking deep breaths can go a long way on slowing your stress response.

Shawn
Old 02-12-2014, 12:41 PM

Default Updates for Wednesday

I fit in a quick workout this morning. I did my BW warm up and 4 (4 min miracles)

My energy is good this morning on my fast day.

My youngest son is mildly autistic.He is high functioning but has sensory issues.We had some testing done at U of M in Ann Arbor and they said his IQ is 120. He has been struggling in school this year. We changed his classroom this year and he hasn't fully adjusted yet. We have a therapist that comes to visit him at home and school. She is coming over today after school. She is so good with Matthew. She is trying to help Matthew,myself and his new teacher with the transition.

I decided I was going to try XFLD so yesterday would have been my cheat day... Can you believe it I messed up my cheat day..LOL Kidding...I just didn't feel like cheating yesterday so I didn't that bad...
I made chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot while I was at the gym all day. It was so good! I topped it with cheese, avocado and fresh cilantro. I ate some corn chips with it. I wasn't overboard on the cheese or the chips.

Shawn