TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
Welcome!!!

I love Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks - great program. Haven't tried HWR yet but it's on the list to buy one day

Great goals, can't wait to see your progress.
If you recommend it, I can't wait to get to it! You have set the bar high Jenelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
Great goals you have set yourself...I am a big fan of the HWR, it gave me great results.
Thanks Craig. BTW, I threw in a 4-minute miracle at the end of my sess this morning. Woah - it kicked my a*se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
Good luck and welcome! Trust me I know the feeling. I have so many books and resources of diets and recipes and workouts that it's enough to make my head spin! This last challenge everything finally "clicked" for me that I finally feel like I'm on a healthy lifestyle change. I wish you all the best!
Thanks for the welcome. It's so good when everything clicks - that's when you know it will be sustainable. Looking forward to keeping up with your progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great to hear about the 12-week program. Who was that with?

This is a really great plan. You might do Thermo 30 before Hot Chicks, and then "peak" for the finish with HC.

Keep up the great work!
My program was with Sue Heintze.

Sounds like THE plan Craig. I like it. The impatient part of me wants to do everything now! I'm sure the advanced series in TT 2.0 will keep me busy for the next 4 weeks though.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:05 AM

Default Week 2 in review

The second week of my challenge is done and dusted.

I did what I said I was going to do on the workout front. Only hitting the gym 4 days a week is still somewhat of a challenge. At a bit of a loose end some days after cutting down my 6-day-a-week habit.

My eating was clean and on plan ... I did miss a few meals and my calories were a bit low some days. I'm a stress non-eater! But I must say that I enjoyed my weekly cheat meal on the weekend.

Good results two weeks in. Dropped 1kg (2.2lbs); and my measurements dropped where it counts ... bum and thighs! Oh, and chest which isn't such good news but that's how body transformation works - choosing to take size indiscriminately! The results are probably a little skewed because I started the challenge immediately after a 2 week eating and drinking extravaganza in France. Ah, the culinary delights of France **sigh**.

Stress levels are up with impending move to new country / new job. Relocating the family (offspring and pooch) ups the stakes a bit. Hopefully focusing on the challenge will help balance me out. I've started trying to meditate (the Shona version) for 5 minutes each day. Keeping my brain chatter quiet is quite the task!

3 things I am grateful for this week are:
1. Family: even though they are on the other side of the world I love spending quality time with them via Skype (what did people do before such technology!).
2. My Egyptian experience: I went for a walk on Friday at call to prayer time. The streets were empty which is unusual in a city of over 20 million people. I was reminded how much I have gained from being in this country for the past 18 months - it has been a huge growth experience.
3. Joining the TT forum: getting to know others, learning new things, and sharing my experiences.

Week 3 is well and truly underway! Time is flying by.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:49 AM

Default Nice Work!

It sounds like you are on track despite a lot going on. I think that's when the rubber meets the road(do people in other countries say that?). The real commitment to a healthy life gets tested when life gets crazy! I hope your move is a good one for you! I'm a stress non-eater. My emotions seem to have a direct link to my stomach! Also, I so wish we could choose where the fat comes off like ordering from a menu. I always lose weight first in my face and around my collar bones. NO!! I need a little meat in my face to keep the wrinkles popped out. I'll trade you chest for some behind! Keep Working! Leslie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJShona View Post
The second week of my challenge is done and dusted.

I did what I said I was going to do on the workout front. Only hitting the gym 4 days a week is still somewhat of a challenge. At a bit of a loose end some days after cutting down my 6-day-a-week habit.

My eating was clean and on plan ... I did miss a few meals and my calories were a bit low some days. I'm a stress non-eater! But I must say that I enjoyed my weekly cheat meal on the weekend.

Good results two weeks in. Dropped 1kg (2.2lbs); and my measurements dropped where it counts ... bum and thighs! Oh, and chest which isn't such good news but that's how body transformation works - choosing to take size indiscriminately! The results are probably a little skewed because I started the challenge immediately after a 2 week eating and drinking extravaganza in France. Ah, the culinary delights of France **sigh**.

Stress levels are up with impending move to new country / new job. Relocating the family (offspring and pooch) ups the stakes a bit. Hopefully focusing on the challenge will help balance me out. I've started trying to meditate (the Shona version) for 5 minutes each day. Keeping my brain chatter quiet is quite the task!

3 things I am grateful for this week are:
1. Family: even though they are on the other side of the world I love spending quality time with them via Skype (what did people do before such technology!).
2. My Egyptian experience: I went for a walk on Friday at call to prayer time. The streets were empty which is unusual in a city of over 20 million people. I was reminded how much I have gained from being in this country for the past 18 months - it has been a huge growth experience.
3. Joining the TT forum: getting to know others, learning new things, and sharing my experiences.

Week 3 is well and truly underway! Time is flying by.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:34 PM

While it does seem to come off the places we want it to, it always comes off the other places as well! And the last stubborn bit is always from the most troubled places. For me, the "baby roll" near the c-section scar and the thighs/butt is where I just can't seem to get the look I want. Oh, well. At least it DOES come off even if not quite how we want it to.

Keep up the great work and good luck with the pending move and new job!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:17 PM

OMGosh - my face and chest upper chest get downright gaunt and I can still grab handfuls of fluff around my arse. I always used the excuse that I can't lose too much weight, I'll look OLD!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I LOVE skype. That's how I see my grandbaby and daughter in California and my son in Virgina (soon to be Bahrain boohoo). I remember actually writing LETTERS and sending photos baahaahaa. Gosh how quickly life changes.

Great to see your progress, especially with everything going on - yikes!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:00 PM

Hi Shona

Thanks for your congrats on my thread. How is your challenge coming along? I am also currently working through TT 2.0 and the aim is to throw in an extra HWR workout too, so I'll be interested to see how you progress. HWR is great as you can do it anywhere, so even if you can't get to a gym it's fantastic to be able to get a challenging workout in.

I'm also a fellow expat btw (living in Hong Kong) so know all about the challenges that brings with social commitments! I'm getting to a stage where I'm meeting up with friends for active and healthy activities rather than eating and drinking which is helpful but it's still a struggle at times!

Hope all's going well with your move to Scotland.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 AM

Woke up to the sounds of machine guns firing this morning, followed by a car bomb. I found out later that this was outside a police station about 8kms away. Devastating, and my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those murdered (in this event and the two other explosions in Egypt). Human life is so precious. That is all I will say on the matter.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJShona View Post
Woke up to the sounds of machine guns firing this morning, followed by a car bomb. I found out later that this was outside a police station about 8kms away. Devastating, and my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those murdered (in this event and the two other explosions in Egypt). Human life is so precious. That is all I will say on the matter.
Shona-I wondered how much of that sort of thing you were experiencing. The ways that people invent to harm one another is so sad. I'll pray for all involved too. Please take care of yourself!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Shona-I wondered how much of that sort of thing you were experiencing. The ways that people invent to harm one another is so sad. I'll pray for all involved too. Please take care of yourself!
Thank you for your lovely words. Really appreciated.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:06 AM

Default Week 3 in review

What a crazy week this one has been.

I have bitten the bullet and decided to do the XFLD. I've been inconsistent with my eating so the structure and rigidity of the XFLD will keep my on track. And knowing others are doing it makes it seem less intimidating.

Now while I've been inconsistent, my diet has remained clean with lots of protein and veggies. Lost another 1kg (2.2lbs) this week, but my measurements didn't really move. Now this... I am concerned with! Hence the change in diet.

Yesterday was cheat day (Friday); and today is fast day. We are on lockdown after the events in Cairo yesterday. With no adventures to be had I have made this my GSD day. (Loving that acronym BTW). My productivity has been through the roof, and I'm really enjoying the fast day (so far, the day is still young). Skyped with my family, caught up on outstanding emails, finalised all of the info for my tax return (ugh)... and plenty more to achieve. I'm even going to do all of my food prep for the week. Although there isn't really that much FOOD in my immediate future.

Top 3 things I am grateful for this week:
1. A privileged life. I have food, water, a home, an education, and a high degree of personal safety. Millions of people don't.
2. My friends, who are all over the place! But they each add something special to my life, and quite often make my day through the simplest things like a nice message or a phone call.
3. Technology. My internet was out most of yesterday, today it is back.