TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM

Default Committment to the challenge

Hello All,

I started the 19th transformation contest on Saturday 4 January, so I'm 10 days in. This is my committment to the challenge post! No backing out now.

I'm an Australian girl, but I live and work in Egypt. However, I will be relocating to Scotland during the course of the challenge. Nothing like throwing in some major life events while getting the best body (for me) ever!

First time to visit the TT forum, so I look forward to finding my way around and getting to know, learn from, and support others.

Cheers,
Shona
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Very cool, Shona! Welcome, and we look forward to being on your journey with you. Let us know how we can help.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 PM

Welcome aboard...Good luck with your journey. I live in Brisbane.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-13-2014, 10:54 PM

Aussies are always a welcome addition around here.

Good luck with the move and the contest.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 AM

Hi Shona,

Good luck in your challenge. Sounds like it's a time of big changes for you, so it should help you to keep focused.

I started mine this week as well.

Best of luck.

What program will you be following?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:17 PM

Default Challenge Goals

So a bit of background info. I think I've been either on a 'diet' or unahppy with my figure for nearly half of my life. I've never been overweight, but I was skinny fat. As an expat living in the Middle East most social activities centre around eating and drinking - I was at my heaviest weight in June last year (67kg / 147lbs). I stumbled across a 12-week online program with a trainer back in Aus at the end of June. It was the best 12-weeks of my life from an exercise and nutrition perspective. I've never been afraid to work hard in gym, and had a decent understanding of resistance training. What really changed was my understanding of nutrition and eating. During that program I only dropped 6kg, but I reshaped my body and built a good base of muscle.

I'm ready to take it up a step now. I've got a bit comfortable and I'm not pushing as hard as I know I can.

My challenge goals are:

1. Be uncomfortable. I want to challenge myself and grow.

2. To stay on track with my eats and workouts when I travel - I have a trip to Australia, a trip to the UK, and a relocation all scheduled during this challenge (no excuses!).

3. Improve my upper body strength measured by max push ups and max unassisted pull ups - push ups are my arch nemesis. At the start of the challenge: max push ups = 10; and max unassisted pull ups = 1.

4. Visible and measureable improvement in my 'trouble spots' (lower body!).

5. 6-pack abs.

I'm going to use TT 2.0 for the first 6-weeks + an extra HWR session, and then onto Buff Dudes Hot Chicks (mainly to become a hot chick - not so much a buff dude). And will wait to see where I'm at by the end of week 10 to figure out what next.

I've been doing the intermediate workouts since Decmeber, so I'm going move on to the advanced series from this Saturday.

And, I think logging my workout progress here will be beneficial so I will get started on that from Saturday!

There you have it, in a (slightly larger than expected) nutshell.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Great to hear about the 12-week program. Who was that with?

This is a really great plan. You might do Thermo 30 before Hot Chicks, and then "peak" for the finish with HC.

Keep up the great work!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Good luck and welcome! Trust me I know the feeling. I have so many books and resources of diets and recipes and workouts that it's enough to make my head spin! This last challenge everything finally "clicked" for me that I finally feel like I'm on a healthy lifestyle change. I wish you all the best!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM

Great goals you have set yourself...I am a big fan of the HWR, it gave me great results.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 PM

Welcome!!!

I love Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks - great program. Haven't tried HWR yet but it's on the list to buy one day

Great goals, can't wait to see your progress.