TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Measurements are still dropping - yay! - although scale isn't really moving, but that's okay. Nutrition is great, even though we went out to eat on Friday and Saturday nights with different visitors, veggies and protein were the ticket. I've also figured out my treat that seems to work. Thankfully, I'm eating it not every day, so that's good, too. I eat a few honey-wheat pretzel sticks (4 of them) and 16 york peppermint pieces (they're sort of like mint M&Ms). Yes, I count this all out. It gives me the salty-sweet that I like. If I do eat it, it's an afternoon quick treat. I had this today.
!
I can finally eyeball what 18 chocolate chips look like without counting, it's a talent lol.
I count quite a bit of my food and measure when I need to drop the tonnage otherwise I ALWAYS overestimate.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Sick kids are no fun. We traded our younger sick child who was in the hospital for 2 days and then out of school for the next three (this happened last week) with our older child who then proceeded to get sick (different illness) on this past Sunday and has been sick now for 4 days. He will again be staying home tomorrow due to the fever that has yet to break.

Given this craziness, my choice tonight was no workout, or 6 minute workout. Thankfully I made the choice of a 6 minute workout. Eating was spot-on today with no sweets so at least the parts of my life that I can control are under my control at the moment! Thank goodness!
Oh, my! And I thought I had problems when my son called me from the skate park with a concussion last week and threw off my workout...

No worries, he's okay
Old 01-21-2014, 04:43 AM

Hi Heather. Thanks for stopping by my thread and saying hello. I've been keeping up with your posts - you have had a few challenges with sick kids. Hoping that is ALL behind you now.

Nicely done on the measurements dropping. I ignore the scales. It can go up and it can go down ... whatever! It's the measurements that count.

The roast veggie ideas are fantastic. I can't wait to give them a whirl on the weekend.

Look forward to keeping up with your progress. Chat again soon.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Oh, my! And I thought I had problems when my son called me from the skate park with a concussion last week and threw off my workout...

No worries, he's okay
That's a relief. A concussion is no small matter, so I'm glad he's okay!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
I can finally eyeball what 18 chocolate chips look like without counting, it's a talent lol.
I count quite a bit of my food and measure when I need to drop the tonnage otherwise I ALWAYS overestimate.
Overestimating is quite easy, isn't it? Thankfully, these days (read: TODAY) I am trading in the sweet junk for fruits. I've had quite a bit of fruit today!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJShona View Post
Hi Heather. Thanks for stopping by my thread and saying hello. I've been keeping up with your posts - you have had a few challenges with sick kids. Hoping that is ALL behind you now.

Nicely done on the measurements dropping. I ignore the scales. It can go up and it can go down ... whatever! It's the measurements that count.

The roast veggie ideas are fantastic. I can't wait to give them a whirl on the weekend.

Look forward to keeping up with your progress. Chat again soon.

Thanks, Shona - yes, I am truly hoping that I have healthy kids for the rest of the year! And healthy me and healthy spouse, too - we've had enough illness for quite some time!

Yes, truly glad about the measurements dropping. Just finished week 2 and my measurements are at least more in-line with where they were early in the fall, which isn't at my best but it is much better than just a few weeks ago. Weight is a weird thing, anyway. Not a reliable indicator of what's happening inside. For instance, I am again sore today from yesterday's workout -another one of the 8-week accelerator workouts plus finishers, but this one I can feel in my shoulders (good ache, not bad pain), lats, back, and still feeling some soreness in my abs. So I can guess that I am building back muscle and that of course will be adding lean mass. I sometimes dwell on the scale too much, but this time I am taking it in stride. Yes, I know that it will ultimately go down when I am getting closer to my goal shape, but measurements are all I need at the moment (and looser clothing).

Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 PM

An unexpected snow/ice day for everyone in the family today. We already were out playing in the snow for 90 minutes. Not wet enough to build or make very good snow balls, so snow angels, tackling and weak snowballs were the order of the morning until toes and fingers were hurting from the cold.

I will be doing another metabolic accelerator workout today and plan to do the finisher to go with it. These have all been great workouts so I'm sure this one will be, too!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 PM

Good day today - workout done as planned, ate at 11 am and at 6:30 pm (and not hungry in between). Ate protein, many veggies and a wee bit of rice. Probably didn't drink enough water since I drink more when I am at work and was home today; trying to make up for it this evening. It was a nice day spent at home with the kids and husband, playing in the snow and reading books. Time for bed now!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 PM

Today was similar to yesterday except 2 hour delay instead of closings. The beauty of coastal-piedmont N. Carolina is limited ability to deal with snow or ice. So it was a nice morning to spend time with the kids before school. Today was an off-day and today that apparently meant taking it easy as I did nothing that could be construed as exercise. Meals today were lunch after ~17 hr fast (not planned, just not hungry before this) @ 11:30 - salmon, salad, fresh pineapple; small handfull of pistachios and honey dew/cantelope for an afternoon snack @ 3:30; dinner of pork, grilled veggies and rice @ 7:00; serving of sugarless iced tea after dinner. Lots of water today! Tomorrow is an off-day but I will do some type of quick workout for sure.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 AM

Sounds like a fun couple of days. It's not supposed to get snowy and icy in NC