TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Smile Day 5

January 14, 2014
Spirit: Today I'm thankful for clean water. I fasted yesterday and drank a gallon of water that I walked about 10 feet to get. Lo's of people in the world have to walk miles if they can even get it at all. Makes my whining about needing new athletic shoes or a weight bench seem silly.

Mind: Did some quick research. About 884 million people don't have access to clean water.

Body: Weight was slightly up this morning after yesterday's fast. Stink! My abs feel good after doing some kb swings yesterday. I hadn't done any for a while. Today I'm doing a TT workout. Will not be going back into the pool until spring. I'll leave that nonsense to the crazy Norwegians! I'll also go for a walk in the sunshine later. I need to find a new trail. My ankle is a little sore. I suspect from all of the pavement walking.

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-30-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
January 14, 2014
Spirit: Today I'm thankful for clean water. I fasted yesterday and drank a gallon of water that I walked about 10 feet to get. Lot's of people in the world have to walk miles if they can even get it at all. Makes my whining about needing new athletic shoes or a weight bench seem silly.

Mind: Did some quick research. About 884 million people don't have access to clean water.

Body: Weight was slightly up this morning after yesterday's fast. Stink! My abs feel good after doing some kb swings yesterday. I hadn't done any for a while. Today I'm doing a TT workout. Will not be going back into the pool until spring. I'll leave that nonsense to the crazy Norwegians! I'll also go for a walk in the sunshine later. I need to find a new trail. My ankle is a little sore. I suspect from all of the pavement walking.
Don't stress about the scale, it's evil and lies. You drank a boatload of water so it's no wonder you're up a little plus it depends where you are in you cycle and everything.

Queen of TMI - I got you back, at least I understand your back and will jump on your bandwagon without provocation as I'm a bit TMI-y myself.

I love the format of Spirit - Mind - Body. It's all related and seems appropriate for a transformation. I realized in the last transformation that it's a full being thing, not just body. I could not have had a successful transformation without the power of prayer. And pray I did.

I've been enjoying your posts, you seem like a fun chick and we're rather like minded
Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM

Default Day 6

January 15,2014

Spirit: Today I'm thankful for music. It really makes life so much better. I like most kinds of music, even some rap and country! Most of the good rap and country songs were written before 1994 though. Today's rap is too violent and today's country seems to be a lot of "I got drunk and married my rooster" kind of nonsense. If I had to pick a favorite genre it would probably be indie/folk kind of stuff. I love Alison Krauss. For exercise though it has to rock.

Mind: I've wanted to go back to school for some time. I have gone back a couple of time, but kept having kids. "I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin' babies." Whoever can name that movie w/out google gets a gold star. Anywho- I have not done anything about the desire for a few years. I could come up with lots of excuses:no time, it's been too long, I'll have to start completely from scratch etc. Today I decided to take the first real step. I emailed the admissions counselor at UofH to have a sit down and look at my OLD AS DIRT transcipts and come up with a plan. I'd rather fret over reality than my inflated imaginations. So! ! Here we go.

Body: I'm a little sore in all the places I should be today. My lower back still hurts a little. I hope as my core gets stronger, that pesky issue will go away. I've been stuck at home all morning because our fridge went down "In a Blaze of Glory".(name that artist for 2 stickers)(hint:This is who 14 y/o Leslie wanted to marry when she grew up!) I'll go for a walk in a bit and do some KB swings and planks. Hope everyone is having a great day! Leslie

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-15-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
JToday I decided to take the first real step. I emailed the admissions counselor at UofH to have a sit down and look at my OLD AS DIRT transcipts and come up with a plan. I'd rather fret over reality than my inflated imaginations. So! ! Here we go.

Body: I'm a little sore in all the places I should be today. My lower back still hurts a little. I hope as my core gets stronger, that pesky issue will go away. I've been stuck at home all morning because our fridge went down "In a Blaze of Glory".(name that artist for 2 stickers)(hint:This is who 14 y/o Leslie wanted to marry when she grew up!) I'll go for a walk in a bit and do some KB swings and planks. Hope everyone is having a great day! Leslie
Bon Jovi on the last one.

I haven't had (knock on wood) any back issues since strengthening my core using TT.

Good going on the pursuit of education (I'm an educator, so a little biased perhaps). Taking that first step is the toughest sometimes - as you say, just need to see where it goes. You may change your mind, and that's alright, but it's always good to just see where things may lead.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM

Default Gold Star!

Nice work Heather! You get the first gold star. The movie reference is a little harder! I got an email back from the admissions counselor. I'm going to go in and talk to them on Friday. The 12 week contest sort of pushed me to put a deadline on a few other things besides weight loss that I have been shuffling my feet about. I'll let you know how it goes.(if you're interested of course!) Thank you for the kind words. What do you teach?

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-16-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:09 PM

It's one of those old ones.

Maybe "Gone with the wind"?....
Old 01-16-2014, 07:44 AM

Default A+

Pete get's the second gold star.

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-17-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:10 AM

Default Day 7

January 16, 2014

Spirit:Today I am profoundly thankful for laughter. I love to laugh and I love to be around people that laugh. Life isn't always fun, but a little fun and whimsy helps get through the hard stuff. We didn't have much of much when I was growing up. What I remember most, though, is my mom's laugh. She had the kind of laugh that made you laugh even if you had no idea what she was laughing about. I miss her laugh. I'm never awake late enough to watch late night TV.I think Jimmy Fallon is pretty funny. His facial expressions just crack me up. I've started watching all the old Late Night Hashtag bits on youtube. They are hysterical. One of my faves is #parentfail. Here's one...When I was a kid my dad told me the ice cream man played music when he was out of ice cream. Brilliant!

Mind: This is not funny stuff at all. I've been reading Beautiful Boy by David Sheff. It's his story of walking through Meth addiction with his son Nic. It is heartbreaking and raw. Yesterday I read a ch. about Meth itself(Mr. Sheff is a journalist so his research seems to be thorough) and the devastating toll it takes on not only the addict, but those close to him, both relationally and physically. (people "tweaking" on meth are extremely paranoid and potentially violent) It's also dangerous for the folks making it due to the toxicity of the ingredients and can wreak havoc on the local environment if the by-products are dumped.(which they usually are) I would highly reccommend this book for anyone interested in the subject of addiction. Disclaimer: This book is quite candid. This is a heartbroken Dad trying to make sense of what they went through. If some profanity causes you to get your knickers in a twist, this isn't the book for you.

Body:Today is a lighter day. I'll be doing TT tomorrow. I'd like to ride my bike but I think every bike we own is in some stage of jacked-up. I'll probably walk and then do a lot of stretching. It's food shopping day. We have a store here called Aldi. It's kind of like Trader Joe's trailer park cousin. They do have pretty good produce at amazingly low prices.(pineapples for $.99/pomegranate for $.33) I recently learned a cool trick for getting the seeds out of a pomegranate. I think it was a youtube video. Aldi also has some not nasty Merlot for $3. I may get some of that. I'm fiddling around with carb cycling. This allows me to have a glass of wine a couple times a week w/out fretting to much. So far my weight is still headed south. Okay this is for the ladies...You guys go have a protein shake or something(yuck!). I've only been doing the contest for week and a half, but have been getting diet healthy again for about 3 weeks. I've had more good hair days in the last 3 weeks than I'd had for the last 3 months! And my fingernails are looking good too! I'll take it! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-30-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:14 AM

Default Day 8

January 17, 2014

Spirit: Today I'm thankful to live near my family again. When I left TX almost 20 years ago, I didn't really want to ever move back but,"..children get older, and I'm getting older too." We had the opportunity to move back here for 2 years and decided to take it. I'm not the same person any more and I appreciate the value of family and what this massive city has to offer. I'm convinced that if you can't find what you're looking for in Houston, it doesn't exist. (another gold star to whoever knows the above song reference..one of my all time favorites)(Hint:If I'd been a teen in 1975, I might have followed this person and her band mates around in a VW van!)

Mind:I LOVE watching TED talks. Google it if you don't know what these are. The best of the best are challenged to give a "talk", which is basically a mini lecture, in under 18 minutes. I usually watch about 3 a week. There have been a few weird ones, but most are so fascinating and informative. Most recently I watched, "The Power of Introverts", by Susan Cain. Good stuff. She breaks down why introverts actually accomplish more and that people who work for introverts are able to accomplish more and fly higher.(even though extroverts are the favored ones) She has a book called, "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking". I think that will be the next book I read when I finish Beautiful Boy.

Body:Today I'll be doing my 3rd. TT intermediate workout. I had already committed to doing kettlebell swings on MWF so we'll see if I have enough gas to power those babies out after TT. I'm feeling a little tired. I keep waking up in the middle of the night. I hope that's not an old age thing. I bought these handle things yesterday to use with my push-ups to hopefully take the strain off my delicate wrists! I'll try those today, assuming there are push-ups in workout C. haha Today is an IF day. I like when I get a break from thinking about food. I have every intention of losing, not gaining weight this weekend. Hope it's a good one for all you TT-ers!

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-17-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
January 17, 2014

Spirit: Today I'm thankful to live near my family again. When I left TX almost 20 years ago, I didn't really want to ever move back but,"..children get older, and I'm getting older too." We had the opportunity to move back here for 2 years and decided to take it. I'm not the same person any more and I appreciate the value of family and what this massive city has to offer. I'm convinced that if you can't find what you're looking for in Houston, it doesn't exist. (another gold star to whoever knows the above song reference..one of my all time favorites)(Hint:If I'd been a teen in 1975, I might have followed this person and her band mates around in a VW van!)

Mind:I LOVE watching TED talks. Google it if you don't know what these are. The best of the best are challenged to give a "talk", which is basically a mini lecture, in under 18 minutes. I usually watch about 3 a week. There have been a few weird ones, but most are so fascinating and informative. Most recently I watched, "The Power of Introverts", by Susan Cain. Good stuff. She breaks down why introverts actually accomplish more and that people who work for introverts are able to accomplish more and fly higher.(even though extroverts are the favored ones) She has a book called, "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking". I think that will be the next book I read when I finish Beautiful Boy.

Body:Today I'll be doing my 3rd. TT intermediate workout. I had already committed to doing kettlebell swings on MWF so we'll see if I have enough gas to power those babies out after TT. I'm feeling a little tired. I keep waking up in the middle of the night. I hope that's not an old age thing. I bought these handle things yesterday to use with my push-ups to hopefully take the strain off my delicate wrists! I'll try those today, assuming there are push-ups in workout C. haha Today is an IF day. I like when I get a break from thinking about food. I have every intention of losing, not gaining weight this weekend. Hope it's a good one for all you TT-ers!
Fleetwood Mac (I think). I can hear Stevie Nicks singing it!

The value of family becomes more significant as you get older. I miss mine dreadfully and get quite homesick from time to time. But I will go back a much better person after all of these wonderful experiences.

Someone has mentioned TED talks to me before. It might be something interesting to do on an otherwise quiet Cairo night. Will check it out.

Hope you had a top workout. I think there are push ups in nearly every darn workout. Are you doing a 16/8 IF? And don't worry about those scales too much, you are doing great!