TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Mark Rogers Mark Rogers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 311
Default Mark's Contest Thread: 19th, Pro

Hi Folks. This is the thread for my entry into the 19th contest, Pro category. I began yesterday, Monday January 6 at 173.4 pounds, 5'8" tall. It's been just over a year since I won the over 40 category shortly after my 40th birthday. Now I'm 41 and over the past few months I've really been pigging out. I hope to get down to around 150 by the end of the contest.

For workouts, I'm going to go through TT 2.0 manual. I started with the beginner level today. I thought it would be too easy, but I've taken a couple of weeks off working out and it actually kicked my butt. I couldn't even finish it; felt woozy. I huffed and puffed lying on the bed sweating for a few minutes; felt pretty rotten, really. I guess my cardio fitness could use some work. I'm all better now. I was going to just do a week or so before moving to intermediate, but after today I think I'll spend the whole month with beginner.

I took my pictures yesterday, but they aren't much to look at so I'll wait until later to upload them.

I'm following a strict diet plan, as usual. So far, so good.

Good luck everyone!!

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
sbgal's Avatar
sbgal sbgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Welcome back and good luck ;-)
__________________
Jenelle aka sbgal
www.hellohappygirl.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

lets do no lighter than 155, 150 is too light for 5'8

thanks, and welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rogers View Post
Hi Folks. This is the thread for my entry into the 19th contest, Pro category. I began yesterday, Monday January 6 at 173.4 pounds, 5'8" tall. It's been just over a year since I won the over 40 category shortly after my 40th birthday. Now I'm 41 and over the past few months I've really been pigging out. I hope to get down to around 150 by the end of the contest.

For workouts, I'm going to go through TT 2.0 manual. I started with the beginner level today. I thought it would be too easy, but I've taken a couple of weeks off working out and it actually kicked my butt. I couldn't even finish it; felt woozy. I huffed and puffed lying on the bed sweating for a few minutes; felt pretty rotten, really. I guess my cardio fitness could use some work. I'm all better now. I was going to just do a week or so before moving to intermediate, but after today I think I'll spend the whole month with beginner.

I took my pictures yesterday, but they aren't much to look at so I'll wait until later to upload them.

I'm following a strict diet plan, as usual. So far, so good.

Good luck everyone!!

Mark
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Radz Radz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 92
Default

Hey Mark Rogers!

I'm Mark Rogers too! Over 40 as well. Doing the 19th contest. I guess I did the 18th too but didn't submit. I did loose 12lbs and leaned up last time, but didn't watch food too much. Now it's on!

Nice to meet ya!

Mark
__________________
Getting lean and ripped in 2014!

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

i've been kind of confused for months...this clears up a lot of things!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Radz Radz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 92
Default

Two Mark Rogers in their 40's... yep that will scramble the brain Craig!!! (I'm the Mark Rogers who has been asking questions here and the on FB).

On a Toronto note Craig... 4 years ago I bought a pair pants at Browns (short mans shop) in Toronto. I weighed in about 158lbs at the time (after doing homeopathic oral HCG and very low calorie diet and losing 30+ pounds in 21 days... yes crazy I know... especially after the rebound!!!). Today I tried on those pants and they actually fit and I weigh 178 today (after starting TT at 194 lbs in Sept. 2013). In a facebook post awhile back you said don't look at the scale, look at how clothes fit. Well, after I finish this transformation I may need another trip back to Toronto for a new wardrobe from Browns!!! (4lbs down in 2 weeks of Thermogenic 30!)
__________________
Getting lean and ripped in 2014!

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Mark Rogers Mark Rogers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 311
Default Too light?

Hi Craig:

It's been awhile since you wrote that 150 is too light for 5'8", but I was surprised to read that. Let me run some facts past you: When I won the 15th contest, I weighed 146.5 at 12.7% bodyfat according to a bodpod. I wouldn't think 12.7% is too low; in fact I bet you're lower. You can check out my photo here:

http://www.turbulencetrainingcontest...212/mark.shtml

Now maybe I'm more like 5'7.75", but I still had some belly to spare in that photo. As you can see, I'm a small frame guy that doesn't tend to carry much muscle.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
lets do no lighter than 155, 150 is too light for 5'8

thanks, and welcome back!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Mark Rogers Mark Rogers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 311
Default I'm still in it

Hey SBGal and Mark and everyone:

Thanks for stopping by. You guys probably all thought I dropped off the face of the earth, but I just haven't felt like posting. In fact, I've been sticking to my diet and exercise plan perfectly this whole contest. I've already lost about 20 pounds, down to almost 153 pounds (at 5'8"). Twenty sounds like too much but about 6 were in the first week, I think because I pigged out for a couple of days right before the weigh-in. All other weeks I've lost 1.5 or 2 pounds.

I've completed TT 2.0 Beginner and Intermediate and I just started Advanced. Loving the workouts.

OK, I just wanted to update everybody and let you know I'm still going strong. Somehow being in these contests gives me iron willpower!

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz View Post
Two Mark Rogers in their 40's... yep that will scramble the brain Craig!!! (I'm the Mark Rogers who has been asking questions here and the on FB).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Mike Whitfield's Avatar
Mike Whitfield Mike Whitfield is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rogers View Post
Hey SBGal and Mark and everyone:

Thanks for stopping by. You guys probably all thought I dropped off the face of the earth, but I just haven't felt like posting. In fact, I've been sticking to my diet and exercise plan perfectly this whole contest. I've already lost about 20 pounds, down to almost 153 pounds (at 5'8"). Twenty sounds like too much but about 6 were in the first week, I think because I pigged out for a couple of days right before the weigh-in. All other weeks I've lost 1.5 or 2 pounds.

I've completed TT 2.0 Beginner and Intermediate and I just started Advanced. Loving the workouts.

OK, I just wanted to update everybody and let you know I'm still going strong. Somehow being in these contests gives me iron willpower!

Mark
Great progress Mark! Congrats on dominating!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Championship update! Thanks Mark Rogers 1!

Looking forward to your final results.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.