TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Well done on the workouts!

The "C"s are the toughest, always are! Keep on pushing on.

Hope your body recovered quickly from the extra snow-related activity, and stay strong with your nutrition...it's what helps recovery - as you're finding out!

You're going to finish strong!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 PM
mocombes mocombes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Patty,
It's good to hear you're still in it! I started advanced yesterday. That one kind of snuck up on me! During the workout, I was thinking it wasn't so bad. I sure was feeling it by the end though! Today I'm pleasantly sore in my biceps and back and whatever muscle is below the armpit!
This one snuck up on me, too--just looked at my schedule and there it was (doh!)

Just finished workout A and my arms are shaking. But I have a little problem, only 15 lb dumbbells. I feel like the guy with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. In my case, everything looks like a 15 lb dumbbell exercise (but it's not, hence the shaking).

We'll see how I feel tomorrow
__________________
- Maureen
"Accomplishing a goal is not as important as the person you become accomplishing it." Neil Armstrong
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-24-2014, 12:15 AM
pattyks44's Avatar
pattyks44 pattyks44 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 52
Default Update - Week 3 of TT 2.0 Advanced

Well, another week is in the books and I am going strong on the workouts. Workout A still rocks - love it. The adjustment I made last week for Workout B is still a great move and I find this workout to be fun as well - this week I didn't go to do the workout until 8pm at night and wasn't really feeling like working out but by the end of it I was feeling good - tired but good. Workout C is still tough - I increased my weight amounts this week so it was even more challenging. That second circuit is still brutal - even though it is only 2 rounds, the short recovery time makes it that much more difficult. In order to not completely die in the superset, I gave myself more recovery time before starting - still tough as I am not a Burpees person at all! Ended my week with an epic snow clearing session on Sunday again - let it end, we want spring!

My nutrition is good some days, not so good on others....still trying to get on track with that but at the same time not fret and worry so much about it. It is a challenging thing, but I will continue to push forward.

Last week of TT 2.0 Advance for me. I am increasing my weights on a couple of the exercises and keeping the other the same. Ready to dominate the last week!

Hope everyone has a great week.
__________________
Patty (pattyks44)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-24-2014, 04:00 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

What are your nutrition hurdles?

Time to hit Expert Level TT, nice work!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 AM
pattyks44's Avatar
pattyks44 pattyks44 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 52
Default Nutrition Hurdles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
What are your nutrition hurdles?

Time to hit Expert Level TT, nice work!
Hi, Craig.
My nutrition hurdles are mostly the mindless/restless eating in the evening which I think is a common problem for people. I tend to search out food in the evening even after having a nice nutritious supper and I shouldn't be hungry and I am not. Sometimes I think it is hormonal as it is worst just before "that time of the month", but that would only be one or two days. I know what I need to do and eat, but sometimes my brain doesn't like to listen. Now given that, most of the "junk processed food" is not in the house, so the extra food usually isn't terrible food, but still extra nonetheless.
__________________
Patty (pattyks44)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM
LeslieM's Avatar
LeslieM LeslieM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,627
Smile Night Eating

Hey Patty,
I have found that since I've been doing the program, I am genuinely hungry at night. I asked about that early on and was advised to eat a healthy snack. I've been doing a small amount of cottage cheese with salt a pepper. It seems to be enough.(1/2 cup) Glad you're still here!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Radz Radz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 92
Default

I agree with you Leslie! Cottage cheese is my go to at night!!! I add some garlic powder too!
__________________
Getting lean and ripped in 2014!

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-28-2014, 05:33 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

I recommend instituting a "cut off time" and 12-hour break between dinner and breakfast.

None of this is physiologically magical, but it is psychologically.

If you know you must eat breaktfast at 8am the next day, it means that you must stop eating at 8pm.

So at 8pm, or sooner (again, this is all depending on your plan), you brush your teeth. You chew gum. You drink water. You remove yourself from all temptation.

You tell yourself, here's my personal rule that I do not break: I am not the type of person that eats after 8pm. I do not eat for 12 hours between dinner and breakfast. The end.

You might also add a "cut off food", like cottage cheese, as suggested, that signals the end of your eating.

I use an apple.

Or you could have some other ritual...such as changing into PJs and having a personal rule that "I am not the type of person that eats in their PJs".

All of these little tricks will help. You won't bat 1.000 (i.e. 100% compliance) with this system, but it will dramatically reduce the number of problems and most important, your guilt levels.

LMK how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
Hi, Craig.
My nutrition hurdles are mostly the mindless/restless eating in the evening which I think is a common problem for people. I tend to search out food in the evening even after having a nice nutritious supper and I shouldn't be hungry and I am not. Sometimes I think it is hormonal as it is worst just before "that time of the month", but that would only be one or two days. I know what I need to do and eat, but sometimes my brain doesn't like to listen. Now given that, most of the "junk processed food" is not in the house, so the extra food usually isn't terrible food, but still extra nonetheless.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
hal1's Avatar
hal1 hal1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
I recommend instituting a "cut off time" and 12-hour break between dinner and breakfast.

None of this is physiologically magical, but it is psychologically.

If you know you must eat breaktfast at 8am the next day, it means that you must stop eating at 8pm.

So at 8pm, or sooner (again, this is all depending on your plan), you brush your teeth. You chew gum. You drink water. You remove yourself from all temptation.

You tell yourself, here's my personal rule that I do not break: I am not the type of person that eats after 8pm. I do not eat for 12 hours between dinner and breakfast. The end.

You might also add a "cut off food", like cottage cheese, as suggested, that signals the end of your eating.

I use an apple.

Or you could have some other ritual...such as changing into PJs and having a personal rule that "I am not the type of person that eats in their PJs".

All of these little tricks will help. You won't bat 1.000 (i.e. 100% compliance) with this system, but it will dramatically reduce the number of problems and most important, your guilt levels.

LMK how it goes!
This is all great advice and I would certainly try these things to see what works for you.

Since I have established myself on a 16-hour fast each day (essentially, breakfast-skipping) for the past ~4 weeks, I consciously think (before I eat) in the evening about what time it is now and how that will impact the time I get to eat lunch the next day. With this technique, it keeps me from eating much, if anything, after dinner - if I want something it's within the 30 to 45 minutes after I eat and it's something small like others have suggested. Most often I just don't eat again after dinner. I like to eat my lunch starting at 11:30/12:00 so I need to be done eating in the evening by 7:30 or 8:00 at the latest to get my 16 hour fast in. Since we eat dinner beginning around 6 or 6:30, there's not much time for mindless eating or snacking between dinner and "time's up!".
__________________
Heather




Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 PM
pattyks44's Avatar
pattyks44 pattyks44 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 52
Default

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions....I will definitely try that over the next little while and see how it goes. I know my issues are some sort of psychological block to my success that I haven't discovered yet and I just need to really set my mind to it.
__________________
Patty (pattyks44)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.