TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 11:00 PM

Default First week of TT 2.0 Advanced

Well, I survived my first week of the Advanced TT 2.0 workout. I really love Workout A with all the upper lifting exercises - I feel it energizing and empowering. Workout B is pretty good except for the Jackknife which I struggle with but the rest of the workout is good. Workout C is just brutal - Workout Circuit 2 is crazy difficult which should come as no surprise from the follow-along video where it had Shawna K huffing and puffing and the Superset is just killer with the burpees - but I survived and can only improve on that one.

My nutrition this week was better but can still be way better. I did learn a lesson one day where I over-indulged and felt like complete crap after - my body let me know it wasn't too happy. It was my mom's birthday on Sunday so I indulged a little, but not too much.

I had another great workout A session this morning so I am pumped and ready for this week!

Onward and downward!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 02-11-2014, 12:48 AM

"Onward and downward". LOL!

Great job on the advanced TT. I'm working up to that, still in my third week of intermediate. I figured it would be tough!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 AM

Great stuff Patty! Keep up the good work!

Mikey
Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Smile Advanced Workout

Patty,
It's good to hear you're still in it! I started advanced yesterday. That one kind of snuck up on me! During the workout, I was thinking it wasn't so bad. I sure was feeling it by the end though! Today I'm pleasantly sore in my biceps and back and whatever muscle is below the armpit!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:11 PM

Way to go, Patty!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
Don't be nervous about Advanced.....I finished up Workout A which is pretty upper body intensive and loved it! I wasn't really "feeling" a workout when I went down, but I came up energized for sure. Good luck finishing up intermediate and get ready to conquer the advanced....I know you can do it. Have a great week!
I agree with Patti about advanced. I think intermediate felt tougher, or it worked so well that advanced seemed easy! I only had lower weight dumbbells and then added heavier ones for Buff Dude Hot Chicks and that workout is kicking my butt... but I love it!

Keep pushing!!!

Mark
Old 02-13-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz View Post
I agree with Patti about advanced. I think intermediate felt tougher, or it worked so well that advanced seemed easy! I only had lower weight dumbbells and then added heavier ones for Buff Dude Hot Chicks and that workout is kicking my butt... but I love it!

Keep pushing!!!
I keep hearing about the Hot Chicks one and wondering if I should skip the expert level and do that one for the last 4 weeks??
Old 02-15-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I keep hearing about the Hot Chicks one and wondering if I should skip the expert level and do that one for the last 4 weeks??
Hmmm Leslie...I dunno on that one! I really think TT is so smart in how it progresses the body athletically and prepares it for the next level. Craig told me in the past to due the Thermogenic 30 after advanced and then BDHC after the Thermogenic. I think the progression was really smart and enabled me to do BDHC without injury and when I was ready for it.

I look at this TT journey as a lifelong marathon, not a short term race and want to keep training and stay injury free. So I'd say make sure your body is ready Hot Chicks! If you do advanced as your final 4 weeks just push it a little harder, use some heavier weights as needed maybe! Of course, let's see what the godfather has to say!!! In fact I need his advice on what next workout for me to do!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Mark

Mark
Old 02-16-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz View Post
I look at this TT journey as a lifelong marathon, not a short term race and want to keep training and stay injury free. So I'd say make sure your body is ready Hot Chicks! If you do advanced as your final 4 weeks just push it a little harder, use some heavier weights as needed maybe! Of course, let's see what the godfather has to say!!! In fact I need his advice on what next workout for me to do!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Mark
I like this about the TT journey being a lifelong marathon. And the godfather reference is funny!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:26 PM

Default Week 2 of TT 2.0 Advanced complete!

Yesterday I completed my 2nd week of the TT 2.0 Advanced workout. Workout A continues to be my favorite workout of the bunch - feel so energized and ready to take on the world when I am done. I am getting to really like Workout B as well. I made an adjustment on my suspension straps (move them up a little higher) and the Jackknifes that I struggled with the first week were much better this week - still can't do them for the full 40 seconds, but certainly WAY better than last week. Workout C still remains my nemisis though not as much as last week. The adjustment to the suspension straps has improved the Atomic Pushups though I do the pushup part from my knees (still can't seem to get a full pushup yet). I was able to really knockout the 2nd workout circuit but at the expense of the last superset - I just had nothing left in the tank for this part of the workout (I am terrible at Burpees at the best of times) and could only do 2 rounds of this. Looking forward to further improvements this coming week.

Today (Sunday) I was out clearing and shovelling some snow in our yard and then I was off to help a friend clean out her parent's house....I am just spent! It is only about 9:20pm here and I am ready for bed.....my legs, arms and back are "tired" - hopefully this won't affect tomorrow's workout.

Nutrition this week was a little better but I still need to focus on making some better choices and watch the mindless nibbling in the evening. I love eating the healthy foods and feel kind of crappy when I eat less-healthy option so I need the proper mindset to treat my body good. It will come but it is a little slow. I think struggling the other day when I bent down to pick up a pen that was on the floor is a real wake-up call that I need to work harder at this.

I have now half way through this Transformation Contest and really need to focus on the finish and beyond. I will get there, that is the promise I am making to myself.

Have a great week everyone!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi