TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 AM

Default Mikey "Pancakes" Whitfield is aiming higher...

Lately, I've been asking myself a few questions...

"What if I was a little lighter and more mobile?"

"What if I was a little faster?"

"What if I had more energy... would I accomplish even more?"

So, it's time to find out. I've been "comfortable" maintaining my 105-lb weight loss for years now, but I know I would feel and perform even better if I became leaner.

This is the perfect year to do it, too. This year, I turn 40. There's no better gift I could give myself than better health. I also know that it will inspire my readers, too.

I'll practice what I preach and focus on outcome goals and not use the scale to measure progress or success, however, I will keep a watchful eye on it to see what "variables" affect it.

Instead, I'm continuing on what I've been doing for about 8 weeks now, and that's focusing on my kettlebell form and getting stronger, while improving my endurance (I just ordered my 53-lb KB, too!). I've never had so much fun "nailing" a KB Snatch or Clean. My fat loss will then become a by-product.

My workout plan is simple - 3 days of 15 - 30 minute KB workouts with 3 days of pickup basketball every week. I need to add some mobility work which I'll start off committing to doing one day a week (baby steps).

My eating plan will stay the same, however, instead of 8-10 pancakes on my reward meals, I'll go to 3 (ha-ha) . I'll also need to be more consistent and improve my weekends, which I successfully did this past weekend (that's right, I didn't wait until a Monday to start - you can start ANY day you want to). I know what I eat is maintaining my weight, so all that's needed is a little nutrition "tidy-up".

My challenge will be this week as I travel. Ironically, when I meet with dozens of other fitness professionals, I usually eat horrible. Ironic, right?

That will change this week as I have already contacted my buddy Daniel Woodrum and asked him to be an accountability partner and keep an eye on me (and I'm doing the same for him). We both have a sweet tooth, so we already planned that if we do experience a craving, we'll walk our butts to the store and get an apple.

Looking forward to taking my health and fitness to a whole new level,
Mikey "Less Pancakes for 12 Weeks" Whitfield
Old 01-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Hi Mikey!

I'm Mark, new on this forum, ready to kick my transformation into high gear!!

Maybe you need to invent a Pancake Finisher!!! Ha! Seriously tho, I've been up and down with my weight over the years and have not missed a TT workout since I started in July with HWR!

Yesterday, after a day of sledding with the kids, a group of us went out for lunch. I've been following the One Day Diet since December 1st which has been awesome for getting crap food out of my life... so anyway here's the story I just gotta share... we go out to lunch, I decide to eat a healthy salad w/ 4 oz chicken, and the big guy across from me orders the Gyro plate, but makes it into a MONSTER sandwich, a huge order of hash browns smothered in I don't know all what... cheese, sausage, bacon and more, he also scrapes clean the plate of the flaming cheese hamburger his over-sized son ate... and then... he goes over to another kid's pancake plate (not his own kid, mind you!!) and pours a ton of syrup on his leftover pancakes and proceeds to eat 3 high stacked huge mouthfuls... ARRRGGHHH!!!! (Your nickname is what got me to tell this story!!)... anyway I'm "scared straight" to eat right and get ripped after see that yesterday!!!

Have a great day and a few less pancakes!!!!

Mark

Mark
Old 01-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Only 3 pancakes? Can you do it? lol

Looking forward to following your progress.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Mikey, no excuses for eating horrible when you travel. Plan ahead, stay strong. Let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitfield View Post
Lately, I've been asking myself a few questions...

"What if I was a little lighter and more mobile?"

"What if I was a little faster?"

"What if I had more energy... would I accomplish even more?"

So, it's time to find out. I've been "comfortable" maintaining my 105-lb weight loss for years now, but I know I would feel and perform even better if I became leaner.

This is the perfect year to do it, too. This year, I turn 40. There's no better gift I could give myself than better health. I also know that it will inspire my readers, too.

I'll practice what I preach and focus on outcome goals and not use the scale to measure progress or success, however, I will keep a watchful eye on it to see what "variables" affect it.

Instead, I'm continuing on what I've been doing for about 8 weeks now, and that's focusing on my kettlebell form and getting stronger, while improving my endurance (I just ordered my 53-lb KB, too!). I've never had so much fun "nailing" a KB Snatch or Clean. My fat loss will then become a by-product.

My workout plan is simple - 3 days of 15 - 30 minute KB workouts with 3 days of pickup basketball every week. I need to add some mobility work which I'll start off committing to doing one day a week (baby steps).

My eating plan will stay the same, however, instead of 8-10 pancakes on my reward meals, I'll go to 3 (ha-ha) . I'll also need to be more consistent and improve my weekends, which I successfully did this past weekend (that's right, I didn't wait until a Monday to start - you can start ANY day you want to). I know what I eat is maintaining my weight, so all that's needed is a little nutrition "tidy-up".

My challenge will be this week as I travel. Ironically, when I meet with dozens of other fitness professionals, I usually eat horrible. Ironic, right?

That will change this week as I have already contacted my buddy Daniel Woodrum and asked him to be an accountability partner and keep an eye on me (and I'm doing the same for him). We both have a sweet tooth, so we already planned that if we do experience a craving, we'll walk our butts to the store and get an apple.

Looking forward to taking my health and fitness to a whole new level,
Mikey "Less Pancakes for 12 Weeks" Whitfield
Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Mikey, no excuses for eating horrible when you travel. Plan ahead, stay strong. Let's go!
Great start so far... I'm already feeling better!

Hopefully, it's back to basketball tomorrow if the church is open. KB Snatches today.

Cruisin',
Mikey
Old 01-07-2014, 03:55 PM

Good luck Mike!

Mark
Old 01-09-2014, 09:10 AM

Last night's dinner - organic turkey burger (huh?, yeah, it was on the menuzz) with 3 glasses of water. I didn't know it came with fries though... fries that were fried to perfection and had the coveted "golden" color.

I had one and then ended up spending a lot of energy not eating anymore as I would occasionally look at them and think "hey baby". So I asked the waitress to remove them from my plate. Not only were the fries removed, but the stress of willpower was, too.

If you have something in your life that requires willpower, remove it from your environment. That energy can be spent elsewhere like a great conversation with a friend or family member.

Crush the rest of this week,
Mikey
Old 01-12-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitfield View Post
I had one and then ended up spending a lot of energy not eating anymore as I would occasionally look at them and think "hey baby". So I asked the waitress to remove them from my plate. Not only were the fries removed, but the stress of willpower was, too.
I will never choose to eat a fry or chips BUT if they're in front of me they are GONE! Good job stopping at just 1.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 AM
Administrator

How are things going, Mikey?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:57 AM

Good job on those fries Mike. I like the fact that you're not going to let the scale be the measure of your success.

Looking forward to your insights on taking your fitness and energy to the next level.