TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
In CA? I lived in Marin County for 5 years.(Novato) I would buy raw milk from a lady that lived in Sonoma. I'd have to drive past on the beautiful vinyards and wineries to get to her house. I miss that place!
I used to live in Santa Barbara but I'm in Oregon now. Who knew it was a budding wine country. The growth has been incredible in the last 4 years, more than doubled.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
I used to live in Santa Barbara but I'm in Oregon now. Who knew it was a budding wine country. The growth has been incredible in the last 4 years, more than doubled.
I LOVE Oregan. We vacationed in Bend. I decided then to put it on my list of places that I could be happy forever. My best friend from highschool lives in Portland. I visited her a few years ago and got 3 days of sunshine in a row. I loved everything about Portland, but would need more sunshine I think. From what I understand, the wine industry in Texas has grown quite a bit. Most people think of beef and petroleum when they hear TX. I have not tried in TX wine yet. Have a great night!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:54 PM

Glad to hear you're feeling better! 'Tis the season, I guess... I had a little one in the hospital for a few days a few days after New Year's; the day he got out was the day I got started on this 12 week transformation! Now my other child (just a week later) is out with strep throat.

Sorry to hear your grandchild was sick, too - I hope that he is over his illness as well!

Old 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Hi Jenelle. Thanks for dropping by my thread to say hello. Firstly, a big congratulations on winning the last challenge. And go you for backing up with another!

Have you decided on your program yet? And more importantly, have you decided on a new bathing suit?

Look forward to seeing your goals, and keeping up to date with your progress too!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJShona View Post
Hi Jenelle. Thanks for dropping by my thread to say hello. Firstly, a big congratulations on winning the last challenge. And go you for backing up with another!

Have you decided on your program yet? And more importantly, have you decided on a new bathing suit?

Look forward to seeing your goals, and keeping up to date with your progress too!
You're cute

I haven't decided on a suit yet lol.

I'm still thinking programs but since I've been sick I eased back in with the Intermediate program. I "may" jump on the Depletion program in the next couple of days"IF" I decide to do the Extreme Fat Loss diet. I'm still running this through my brain. A 36 hour fast is really, really a long time for me.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:41 PM

Oh My Gosh - I'm HUNGRY!!! I'm rarely hungry before noon but I've been starving this week after training days. Made me realize today that I may be keeping my calories a little too low and it's time to bump them up.

During the last contest I was averaging 1200-1400 most days to support my desired weight loss and then I'd enjoy a free day on top of that. I increased calories over the holidays (have no idea how many lol). I managed to keep my weight within my "normal & comfortable" limits of 143-146 on any given day. While I would still like to lose 10 pounds or so I need to make sure that my calories support my activity level. Time to tweak the program again to find the balance I need.

Interestingly enough I was reading something that made a ton of sense. I can not eat at a deficit all of my life and as I decrease body fat and increase lean muscle my caloric needs change. Lean body mass requires more calories than fat (very loosely paraphrased). With that in mind I will eventually have to get out of "weight loss" mode and into "maintenance" mode.

I've been treating my body at 144 pounds the same way I was treating it at 169 pounds and they are now two different beasts.

Anyway...off to work now.

Oh so I finished Intermediate B today, the whole way through, with increased weights too. Not much of an increase but considering I've been sick and technically should have lost strength I'll take the 10# goblet increase in squats. (Yes I know this probably means I wasn't pushing myself hard enough over the last round but we'll forget that for the moment )
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Intermediate C done - I'm back up to speed (I think).

I'm gonna do something crazy simply becasue TT made it easier. I've owned XFLD for YEARS and always looked at it and put it away. There is NO WAY I'm committing to (TWO) workouts per day, every day, for 25 days. I won't finish it so I never started it. But then...Commander Cool, (Gilbert), directed me the the TT Depletion Workout and those are so much more realistic to follow. So I'm starting the 25 day depletion on the 19th. I have nothing scheduled during those weeks that will hamper my efforts. The "diet" is going to take some effort sine I've never done a 36 hour fast before but the rest should be easy enough, I can eat low and zero carb and while shakes aren't my thing they aren't horrible.

For the workouts I'm going to get poster board and write them all down so I don't have to follow along on a tiny piece of paper - big and on the wall is where they'll live and I can SEE them without wasting time.

My hope is that I'll lose my last 10 pounds through this process then spend the next few weeks just building muscle while maintaining the fat loss. By reading everyone else's experience this may or may not happen. But it's only 25 days, I can't screw things up too badly in that amount of time.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:53 PM

Glad you're diving in! Good luck. Maybe we can have pity parties together while the people around us are eating and we're munching on BCAA pretending we live in a futuristic society and that is how we sustain ourselves in the 23rd century.....

Maybe.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
Glad you're diving in! Good luck. Maybe we can have pity parties together while the people around us are eating and we're munching on BCAA pretending we live in a futuristic society and that is how we sustain ourselves in the 23rd century.....

Maybe.

Well it's got to be better than how some people eat...

See you on the flip side - tomorrow cheat day (yay) and Monday....well, it's not a cheat dat.

I wrote my workout posters out today so I can see them, kind of excited but my cough came back (WTF??) Grrrrr
Old 01-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Stay strong and get well!