TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 PM

Still recovering here but I think I've finally gotten over the hump of this flu - yay!!!

Did 2 of the 4 minute finishers today and boy am I weak and winded. Taking pictures tomorrow and ready to hit this thing hard. Goals and intentions are "almost" ready to be posted.

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Good luck Janelle, and welcome!

Hope you feel better soon so that you can get back in the gym.

My secret is garlic for warding off colds. I throw garlic cloves in their skin in with butter and olive oil whenever I cook beef or chicken, halfway through the cooking process. (The health effects are lost if the garlic is overcooked.) Then I squeeze out the garlic and eat a little bit with each bite. I'll even just swallow a whole cooked clove if I feel like it. (Not right before I teach class though.)

Some say that "immunity starts in the gut."
I'm a few days late chiming in, but garlic is my go-to for all illnesses as well. I'm a little more hard core, though Just take a fresh clove and smash it, then chop it finely and scoop it into a spoon. With a glass of water, wash it down! No chewing, just swallowing. I do this 2-3 times a day for a few days and it's magical. There's some odor, but I just apologize in advance if I'm near someone (which is good to avoid anyway if you're feeling sick).

Glad you're feeling better!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
I'm a few days late chiming in, but garlic is my go-to for all illnesses as well. I'm a little more hard core, though Just take a fresh clove and smash it, then chop it finely and scoop it into a spoon. With a glass of water, wash it down! No chewing, just swallowing. I do this 2-3 times a day for a few days and it's magical. There's some odor, but I just apologize in advance if I'm near someone (which is good to avoid anyway if you're feeling sick).

Glad you're feeling better!
Wow that is pretty hardcore. I wonder how my tummy would take that. The last time I was sick (Jan 2013), I had an ear infection. I chopped garlic and soaked it in oil then put the garlic oil in my ear. Healed it right up but I did smell funny. Of course I used coconut oil so I hope that helped the smell lol.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:01 PM

Got a pretty decent workout in today. Continuing with Intermediate for now until I'm back up to speed. Completed circuit (1) 3x, circuit (2) 2x and the finisher. I hope that by Wednesday I'll be back up to full workouts even though I'll probably keep the weights lower this week.

Happy Monday y'all!!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
Got a pretty decent workout in today. Continuing with Intermediate for now until I'm back up to speed. Completed circuit (1) 3x, circuit (2) 2x and the finisher. I hope that by Wednesday I'll be back up to full workouts even though I'll probably keep the weights lower this week.

Happy Monday y'all!!
You too! I'm glad to hear you're able to start getting those workouts in again!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Get well soon!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the well wishes. Each day brings me closer to normal (well as close as I'm gonna get lol).

Pictures and measurements are done. Up a couple of pounds and puffy from a carb induced weekend but I'll be right as rain soon enough and I'm ready to shred the fat and see some muscles popping through.

Hubby decided to enter the contest, surprised me for sure. He kind of lost bet with me. He told me if I got back to looking like I did at a certain point in time he would change his habits (not clearly defined). Well I exceeded that point in time. I guess this is his attempt plus he has a reunion in July.

I haven't decided if this makes my life harder or easier. He's a tall, skinny guy (6'6" and about 195 pounds) and we have completely different goals. All he needs to do is eat more, cut the beer and lift and he'll be awesome (great DNA). He asked me this morning as I was throwing my lunch into my bag "so what should I eat for a snack now?". Huff. I'm an IFer for a reason, so I don't have to think about so many meals a day lol. I'm struggling with the fact that I'll now be planning my meals AND his meals.

I've decided that I will continue to make my food but will make it more in bulk so he has the opportunity to eat it too. If he doesn't then I'm covered hehehe. The biggest thing nutrition wise he needs to do is add a protein shake once a day & replace his bready carbs with protein and veggies. I seriously doubt he'll count calories so...

Lifting will be a problem for him in the lower body region due to his bad knees. He lost a ton of mass when he had knee surgery in 2005 and never regained it.

Anyway...enough about him lol. I need to go through my pics and find the ones I want to use AND then begin shopping for a new bathing suit for my afters (I really need an intervention. I have MANY suits and only use them for before & after pics, it's a sickness for sure!!).
Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM

Smile Hi Jenelle

Hi there! I just wanted to say that your before and after pictures are AMAZING! I might just print it out and put it on the wine rack as a little motivation to step back!! I hope you're feeling better. Garlic knocks out anything I get. Leslie
Old 01-14-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Hi there! I just wanted to say that your before and after pictures are AMAZING! I might just print it out and put it on the wine rack as a little motivation to step back!! I hope you're feeling better. Garlic knocks out anything I get. Leslie
On the wine rack - I love it. I manage a winery but luckily wine isn't a trigger for me.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
On the wine rack - I love it. I manage a winery but luckily wine isn't a trigger for me.
In CA? I lived in Marin County for 5 years.(Novato) I would buy raw milk from a lady that lived in Sonoma. I'd have to drive past on the beautiful vinyards and wineries to get to her house. I miss that place!