TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Default Jenelle keeping the ball going

May as well keep on keeping on, I am on a roll after all.

Just throwing my hat into the ring for another Challenge that I intend to finish (and dare I say "place" in).

However at the moment I'm suffering from a lovely winter cold so workouts are nonexistent until I can stop coughing up a lung. I think the grandkid gave it too me or my son, the Marine, who always some some sort of crud from open barrack living - grrr! I did manage some finishers yesterday and it felt great but then I spent all last night coughing :P blah!! No problem though, it's a good time to sit down and create my goals and intentions for the next 3 months. I do plan on seeing some serious abs as well as a rounder, fuller back side just for starters.

See you all soon with all the particulars.

Cheers!!!

www.hellohappygirl.com
Old 01-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Glad to have you back! I'm looking forward to following your continued progress!!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
May as well keep on keeping on, I am on a roll after all.

Just throwing my hat into the ring for another Challenge that I intend to finish (and dare I say "place" in).

However at the moment I'm suffering from a lovely winter cold so workouts are nonexistent until I can stop coughing up a lung. I think the grandkid gave it too me or my son, the Marine, who always some some sort of crud from open barrack living - grrr! I did manage some finishers yesterday and it felt great but then I spent all last night coughing :P blah!! No problem though, it's a good time to sit down and create my goals and intentions for the next 3 months. I do plan on seeing some serious abs as well as a rounder, fuller back side just for starters.

See you all soon with all the particulars.

Cheers!!!

www.hellohappygirl.com
Good luck with your goals Jenelle.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM

Good luck Janelle, and welcome!

Hope you feel better soon so that you can get back in the gym.

My secret is garlic for warding off colds. I throw garlic cloves in their skin in with butter and olive oil whenever I cook beef or chicken, halfway through the cooking process. (The health effects are lost if the garlic is overcooked.) Then I squeeze out the garlic and eat a little bit with each bite. I'll even just swallow a whole cooked clove if I feel like it. (Not right before I teach class though.)

Some say that "immunity starts in the gut."
Old 01-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Welcome back for another round!

Hope the cold clears up quickly. Nothing worse.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Good luck Janelle, and welcome!

Hope you feel better soon so that you can get back in the gym.

My secret is garlic for warding off colds. I throw garlic cloves in their skin in with butter and olive oil whenever I cook beef or chicken, halfway through the cooking process. (The health effects are lost if the garlic is overcooked.) Then I squeeze out the garlic and eat a little bit with each bite. I'll even just swallow a whole cooked clove if I feel like it. (Not right before I teach class though.)

Some say that "immunity starts in the gut."
Thanks for the tip. I agree about immunity starting in the gut. Ugh!!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Welcome back for another round!

Hope the cold clears up quickly. Nothing worse.
Thanks Peter - Your mouth to God's ear lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 PM

Feeling better but not near 100%, perhaps near 70%. Made it to my "gym" this morning, now this requires a short walk across frozen tundra to the "main" house. Typically this frozen tundra is squishy dirt but thanks to freezing temps and no rain I can almost skate across the yard, this actually makes me happy - no mud!

I haven't had a truly good workout in about 2 weeks so I stepped it back significantly much to my prides chagrin and even then didn't finish a full workout. I was pretty winded, weak and wobbly after 15 minutes of Intermediate A at 1/2 the weight :/

Hopefully this cough/cold is on it's last leg. My poor grandson ended up in the hospital with it on Friday night. They kept him overnight for observation and to keep him in oxygen - he's only 6 months old. Poor baby
Old 01-07-2014, 05:16 PM

I've been mentally working on my goals and am coming up short. I'm so used to making a goal with a tangible outcome. Lose 10 pounds, lose x amount of inches on waist, wear a certain clothing size, etc. I've hit those goals, I weigh 145 pounds, I'm wearing a size 6, I don't really want to be smaller just tighter.

Writing a goal of "get more defined" or "tighten my tush" seem so bland and not clear enough for me. I'm toying with goals that are more strength based like x number of pullups or pushups.

I hope that as soon as I start brainstorming that I will come across a goal that excites and ignites me.

In the meantime still hacking up a lung although I think it's getting better ;-)

I'm going to go crawl into my cough syrup now...
Old 01-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Feeling like a wuss but got a modified workout done.

Went back to the Intermediate workouts this week, between the 2 weeks "break" and the cough I'm feeling a bit puny.

So it was intermediate b today. 2 sets of the 1st set, 1 of the 2nd and the finisher. Feeling good and happy to be slowly returning to the land of the living.

Lift on...