TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 AM

Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't find the bodyweight bodybuilding series. Where is that? I looked on turbulencetraining.com. Also, I am working through TT 2.0 and think I may need to get a little heavier dumbbells for the lower body work. Or perhaps start stepping up the stairs outside.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Hey LJShona (is it Shona?),

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar with the particulars of XFLD but it does sound...well, extreme! How is it working? Are you feeling satisfied with your food intake (i.e. not always hungry) and how long does it last before you (I assume) taper back to eating more normally again?
Hi Maureen, yes - my name is Shona .

XFLD runs on 5 x 5 day cycles (25 days in total). I completed 2 cycles because I'm travelling tomorrow, but I will come back to it later in the challenge. I liked it, except for the day when you're only meant to have protein shakes. Mentally I struggled with that the most, and it was the day I thought about food a lot. The fast day didn't really bother me so much. It was good experiment. I did shed a bit of body fat which is what I'm struggling with as I get leaner. Have just reverted back to my normal eating program - didn't really taper back in because my existing diet was clean and well structured.

Hopefully you bust through your plateau. I also need to increase the weights, I think - it seems to give me better results.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 AM

Default Question for Craig on workout

Today was measurement day, and I'm under-impressed, but also not as bummed as I thought I'd be. I've been feeling totally bloated and un-fit lately (which is definitely hormonal), so I'm hoping I'll lose some water weight here soon.

The bottom line is (with my admittedly crude body fat calipers and somewhat questionable measuring tape reproducibility) I've gained 3 lbs, but lost 2.7" (I measure 9 sites) and 0.4% body fat. My biggest loss was 5/8" just below my knee. At worst I'm standing still, and at best I'm creeping forward toward my goal. It does seem to be consistent, though, that my only losses are on my legs, and I'm actually gaining size in my quads.

So I think I'm on the right track. Now the question is, how to improve.

I'm currently doing M, T, Th, Fr workouts alternating TT 2.0 intermediate and HWR, per CB's suggestion to someone else on how to combine the two. I'm wondering if I'd be better served by doing only TT 2.0 MWF, since it seems the weights are a critical component for me.

My only challenge is that my skinny little wrists are really complaining, so push-ups, pull-ups, rows, and most dumbbell moves are tough after a bit. I do as much as I can in the goblet position, but still...

So Craig, what would you suggest? Maybe focus on a lot of lower body work and non-pulling upper body until my wrists can catch up in strength?

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:59 AM

Today was the most sore I've felt in a long time. I did the first of the advanced 2K3 workouts, and my arms were so sore when I woke up! Thankfully, it diminished over the course of the day, and I'm fine now. But SO glad it was a rest day!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:45 AM

Smile

Quote:
Today was the most sore I've felt in a long time. I did the first of the advanced 2K3 workouts, and my arms were so sore when I woke up! Thankfully, it diminished over the course of the day, and I'm fine now. But SO glad it was a rest day!
That one was a doozy when I did it last week. I was sore all along my sides from the pull-ups!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
That one was a doozy when I did it last week. I was sore all along my sides from the pull-ups!
I'm feeling my upper abs today. Forgot about the ol' DOMS...
Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I'm feeling my upper abs today. Forgot about the ol' DOMS...
ol' DOMS....
It's a love hate relationship
Shawn
Old 02-22-2014, 02:14 AM

LOL! Yes, love/hate it is. I did workout B tonight and was uber-happy that my arms got a rest and the ab work wasn't too bad (seeing as how I wimped out on the TRX strap and went for the stability ball for the push-ups and rollouts).

I modified it a bit and did a bit of a RDL/squat combo, as a straight RDL absolutely KILLS my lower back (I have issues...), but this was good. I felt it working but had no pain. I'm hoping to feel this workout in my glutes tomorrow. We shall see.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:35 PM

Smile Doms?

Silly question...what is a DOM??
Old 02-23-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Silly question...what is a DOM??
Delayed onset muscle soreness...hits about 2 days after your workout