TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great, Nov 2013 is the right place to start. Do just 1-2 sets per exercise in week 1, and stretch the program into 5 weeks from 4.
Perfect, I will likely start next week and then the week after for the contest (week 2 of 5 of GMLF 2.0) just helps for a tracking point of 4 week programs. Will post pics and measurements here.

As for sales strategies and aha's

Early to Rise is one of the most inspirational and most positive success newsletters. I read it daily and apply the habits as much as I can in the offline physical business. Many of them do apply such as Bedro's success things recently.

Time management is huge just like you say. As an Advisor y #1 priority is to meet with clients. That is my focus. the rest. research, admin is all done either early morning before 6am or at 9pm

I check email either 5am and 11am. Reason 5am is because its at a time when I can't really contact people.

door knocking works. It's effective but extremely difficult way to get the business going and meet people. Not something you want to do forever but to get going its effective.

Get out of your comfort zone. That's the reason I took this job - it was so far out of my comfort zone that I had to succeed and grow at it. Thus far I have. And recently I am implementing a new appointment process which makes me feel uncomfortable but a # of veteran advisors in the firm follow the process.

It's all relationships. Selling is all relationships. I am trying to build a personality based business as an advisor. It's a work in progress.

Jeffrey Gitomer is a great resource for sales help (www.gitomer.com) been following him for many years and have many of his books. Highly recommended.

Questions are the answers. The better your questions the better your results. I am seeing that in my business as it grows.

Stay true to your vision. I believe ETR has helped prepare me for the job as an advisor. I had a vision done up almost before I was hired. I modify it a bit but it keeps me going when times are tough - and they are tough.

Be goal oriented, reward successes (if I make a certain # of contacts a day before 5 then I can go home, otherwise I stay until I do), when I hit my next target of $5 million Assets Under care I have a bet with a colleague where first to $5 million gets a $100 gift card from the other.

That's some of the key takeaways so far. Keep up the good work at ETR. and it really does help in the offline world trying to see if there is a way or benefit to a mastermind group with ETR and/or trying to create my own too.

Blake Linklater
Old 12-28-2013, 06:37 AM

So started week 1 of 5 on Gain Muscle Lose Fat 2.0 on Friday. Will go get a newspaper in the next week or so begin the contest officially.

Any tips or suggestions to deal with emotional eating, and stress eating and dealing with stress in general

Thanks
Blake

PS recently read on gitomer.com that every one should have 3 or 4 focus words for your goals. and put them up in front of you. So for 2014 my focus words are

Family - be a good father, continue to date my wife, teach my daughters to skate etc

Fitness - see goals above, live the TT lifestyle, 6 pack abs, gain muscle,

Financial - pay off debts on credit card, take my financial advisor business to next level, grow the business, increase net worth

FOCUS - this is an inside joke with people in my training class, but to achieve my 2014 goals I will need to have a laser like focus.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Default 100 days challenge

i am also thinking of entering the 100 days challenge from the internet independence email. I really want to make 2014 one of my best years and have some lofty goals I want to and will achieve and am willing to almost anything to achieve it. I think though sometimes I am afraid of success. Sounds weird - at least to my wife. but I am, because that's why I procrastinate and why sometimes I get close to achieving something and back away. Success changes you - for the better. This past year and upcoming I really want to become focused on succeeding and achieving the life of my dreams and embarking on an incredible journey. The reason for the 100 days is to give me that extra accountability, the extra incentive and motivation and encouragement from the right type of people.

Week 1 of TT GMLF 2.0 is done, light workout, great workout, looking to see the transformation I can achieve in 5 weeks. Still need to buy the paper. Will do that this weekend or today even. Still need to fix the diet. get it to even 80%.

Cheers,
Old 01-02-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixb97 View Post
i am also thinking of entering the 100 days challenge from the internet independence email. I really want to make 2014 one of my best years and have some lofty goals I want to and will achieve and am willing to almost anything to achieve it. I think though sometimes I am afraid of success. Sounds weird - at least to my wife. but I am, because that's why I procrastinate and why sometimes I get close to achieving something and back away. Success changes you - for the better. This past year and upcoming I really want to become focused on succeeding and achieving the life of my dreams and embarking on an incredible journey. The reason for the 100 days is to give me that extra accountability, the extra incentive and motivation and encouragement from the right type of people.

Week 1 of TT GMLF 2.0 is done, light workout, great workout, looking to see the transformation I can achieve in 5 weeks. Still need to buy the paper. Will do that this weekend or today even. Still need to fix the diet. get it to even 80%.

Cheers,
You'll never know, if you don't try!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:30 AM

Default contest entered

Contest is entered. Took the pictures over the weekend and some measurements. Not happy with my diet and body the last year. This year will be different. I will get back and stay on track and live the TT lifestyle. I will better to learn to deal with the emotional roller coaster of my job. In addition to working out, starting a gratitude journal to consistently write in and downloaded a meditation ap which in the beginning gives me 3 minute meditations.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:03 AM

week 1 is in the books, well will be tomorrow. I see some muscular changes already. Diet still needs a fixing. GMLF 2.0 good workout so far.

We shall see. Joined the 100 days challenge. So far from a business point on the challenge I have kept every promise made and have myself positioned for 2 awesome weeks of appointments. Let see on the results

Blake
Old 01-12-2014, 10:17 PM

heading into week 3 and I can see results. Diet still remains an issue - mostly I think dealing with the emotional stress of the job and stress emotional eating. It's something I am working on. Starting practising meditation and gratitude journal and visualization. It might be paying off.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Family - be a good father, continue to date my wife, teach my daughters to skate etc

Fitness - see goals above, live the TT lifestyle, 6 pack abs, gain muscle,

Financial - pay off debts on credit card, take my financial advisor business to next level, grow the business, increase net worth

FOCUS - this is an inside joke with people in my training class, but to achieve my 2014 goals I will need to have a laser like focus.
I like this - it sounds like a great way to keep yourself going. Looking forward to your success!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 AM

been sick with the flu this week. Had to miss today's workout. What do you guys do when you get sick? do you still workout, and if you miss one do you just move it to the next day or skip it and continue with the next scheduled workout. i.e missed workout B, do workout B on friday or workout C as it would have been if I worked out.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
been sick with the flu this week. Had to miss today's workout. What do you guys do when you get sick? do you still workout, and if you miss one do you just move it to the next day or skip it and continue with the next scheduled workout. i.e missed workout B, do workout B on friday or workout C as it would have been if I worked out.
I would not work out if you are still sick, it is to no benefit. Listen to your body, if you are feeling better and have not been training for a while start back slowly. Do a set and see how you feel. If you are wanting to stay on your weekly schedule just start with C, if the days don’t matter to you then do B. That is the beauty of the program, just do it and the results will come. I hope you are back on your journey soon. Best of luck to you, I hope you are well soon.