TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Default Best Transformation Tips?

Hey!

Here's a question to all current and past transformers...

What are your best transformation tips that you can give to other folks?

(Doesn't matter if the tips are beginner or advanced.)

I think this would be a great place to share!

Craig
Old 01-02-2009, 05:30 PM

I think I would start by saying that you need to look beyond just the current 12 weeks of transformation.

1. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. Keep a log of your daily food (Sparkpeople/Fitday). And don't lie!! If you nibble on half a cookie make sure to list it. Make it public so others and see what you're eating and make comments.

2. If you don't have a lot of fat to lose then I would go in a muscle building phase for maybe the first 8 weeks then fat lost for the last 4 weeks. But this really depends on the individual.

3. Get active in the forum. If you're feeling down then come here as say it. Just get on here and you'll find plenty of support. Don't try to do it by yourself.

4. Don't crash diet!!! That's a short term solution.

5. Get plenty of rest. It way too easy to overtrain. Especially during the first couple of weeks.

6. Email all your family/friends and let them know what you're doing. This helps when you're at a gathering. They know what you're up to and hopefully won't sabotage you. Also it really a good way motivator to finish the transformation.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:37 PM

I would also add posting on Twitter! Not only does it help keep you accountable, it also helps knowing that a lot of other TT members are out there "listening" and it keeps your day fun and interesting (which may keep your hand out of the proverbial cookie jar)

"Live for yourself...there's no one else more worth living for"

-Lyrics from "Anthem" by Rush
Old 01-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Great stuff!

Who else has some tips on sticking with it?

What about tips on helping some folks to get out of bed early in the morning to do their program?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 PM

Well, if you can't get out of bed early in the morning for your workout...DON'T! Some people are great at getting up and working out in the morning. If you're not, consider trying to work out at night instead. The best workout schedule is the one that works for YOU.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 PM

Start with one change at a time. Diet cola instead of regular cola. 2% then 1% then skim milk instead of whole milk. Broccoli with cheese if you can't stand broccoli, then gradually ddecrease the cheese until you're just eating broccoli. Steamed broccoli tastes better than raw, at least to me. Fresh lime juice makes anything taste better, even vegetables. Crystal light mixed with water if you don't like plain water. Eventually you'll like plain water. Fat free mayo instead of regular mayo.

This is a lifestyle not just 12 weeks. Wish all the best.

Hope this helps.

Miami, Florida
"Create A Great day!"
Old 01-02-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandopolania View Post
Start with one change at a time. Diet cola instead of regular cola. 2% then 1% then skim milk instead of whole milk. Broccoli with cheese if you can't stand broccoli, then gradually ddecrease the cheese until you're just eating broccoli. Steamed broccoli tastes better than raw, at least to me. Fresh lime juice makes anything taste better, even vegetables. Crystal light mixed with water if you don't like plain water. Eventually you'll like plain water. Fat free mayo instead of regular mayo.

Hope this helps.

Oh, these are great tips! It's so hard for someone who has been eating badly all their life to go "cold turkey" all at once & eat clean. But take one step at a time & anyone can do it.

Good stuff.

Tabitha

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Administrator

great tips.

I've been eating broccoli all of my life because as a kid I used to drown it in butter. Over the years I've pulled the butter off, and now I even eat it raw.

Baby steps are the way to go for long term changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandopolania View Post

Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:45 AM

I agree with all of you ~ baby steps, otherwise too much change straight up may be a great way to stray as that is not what we want, so take it one day at a time.
1. Always picture yourself the way you want to look and feel.
2. Self affirmation is also great if you can do this, it takes practice to even remember to do this. Place cards and/or sticky notes in car, handbag, briefcase, bathroom, front door, back door, anywhere you look regularly, all of them reminding you to stay focused and remember what you want to look and feel like when you reach your goal. Can't hurt, the worst it can doo is look a bit untidy, isn't that worth looking and feeling great.
3. Maybe place some sticky notes onto the fridge and pantry that say things like I don't need that junk & have a water instead, that is if you like to munch on bad snacks like alot of us do/did.
Well there's my views
Cheers
Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 AM

STICK WITH IT no matter HOW many times you slip up, cheat, forget to work out, whatever... EVENTUALLY you will adopt and stick with the changes permanently! Better losing weight & fat slowly but surely, then messing up, giving up, and staying unhealthy! Heck it took me 8-9 weeks outta the last 12 to get in and STAY in the groove!! hehe
- Helen Keller

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to
start over."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
- Kate Moss

http://www.facebook.com/#/grrpurr75?ref=profile