TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Administrator

Default Official Entries for 11th TT Contest - 12-Weeks

It's time...to reveal your success.

Please submit your entry to the 11th Turbulence Training 12-Week Transformation Contest here. Can't wait to see your results.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations on your success.

Sincerely,

Craig Ballantyne
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM

Default Excuses lead to failure and unfulfilled dreams…No More!

There once was a monk who had entered a monastery and took a vow of silence: he’s allowed to say two words every seven years. After the first seven years, the elders bring him in and ask for his two words. "Cold floors," he says. They nod and send him away. Seven more years pass. They bring him back in and ask for his two words. He clears his throats and says, "Bad food." They nod and send him away. Seven more years pass. They bring him in for his two words. "I quit," he says. "That’s not surprising," the elders say. "You’ve done nothing but complain, since you got here."

What’s this joke have to do with my transformation? Complaining is just another form of making excuses. When we complain, we are just refusing to take responsibility for our own action or inaction.

George Washington Carver once wrote, "Ninety-nine percent of all failure comes from people who have a habit of making excuses." Yup, that was me. My excuses had led to my own inaction and inevitable fitness downfall.

Half a lifetime ago, I had been one of those fortunate kids who could eat anything he wanted, exercise off and on, and keep a “fit and trim” look. However, over the past 20 years I’d managed to ‘pick up’ quite a bit of extra weight, along with a long list of excuses for it. I haven’t liked the way I look for quite some time now, but never did anything about it. My wife didn’t particularly like the way I was looking either, but our beautiful children seemed to find me cuddly, so I used that as one of my excuses for inaction. Besides, at the meetings at work, most of the other guys my age looked the same as I did, so it just must be the way things are for us busy, traveling guys, right?

Up until this past January, that was where I was at in my thinking. However, after seeing my father’s recurring health issues he has been struggling with, as a result of Diabetes and heart disease, I knew I had to do something to get my own health back in line. I had also noticed over the past year that several of the guys around the meeting tables at work, who used to be in the same shape I was, had already made similar decisions and had made amazing progress. My newest excuse was that I loved food too much to just give it all up for salads, but I was now determined to stop with the excuses, so I had to find a way to make something work, and it had to be something that I could - and would - stick with for the rest of my life.

It was at that time that I started searching, and ultimately landed upon Isabel de los Rios’ “Diet Solution Program.” I liked everything I read and what she had to say (it wasn’t just a bunch of salads). So I decided to go for it. As part of the buying process, she highly recommended an exercise program by some Canadian guy named Craig. Again, reading through the information, I liked what I read (plus he was an obvious dog-lover, so he couldn’t be all bad), so I bought it. I didn’t know it then, but those were two of the best investments I’ve ever made for my future.

So, after reading through the Diet Solution and changing my eating habits, I also started my home exercises with “TT Beginner Total Torso Training.” I did start out pretty skeptical, and, weighing in at 227 pounds, I had set my goal at losing 10 to 15 pounds. But I stuck with it, and after the first 6 weeks, I had lost 10 pounds! So, I reset my goal to get into my healthy weight range, and after another 6 weeks, I had lost another 11 pounds, and was within 6 pounds of that healthy weight. I was floating on air. Friends and co-workers were starting to notice the change, and if they asked me, I couldn’t stop talking about what I was doing right, and how much I’d lost.

That’s when I saw Craig’s e-mails about the 11th TT contest beginning soon. I was again a bit skeptical that I would really be losing much more, since I had already made such incredible gains (well…losses…you know what I mean). But, I went ahead and took the before photos - “just in case.” I told my wife my new goal was to get down to my “fighting weight” of 185, like when she first met me. Now, she loved the way I was looking already, but she said, “Yeah right! You’re 41 years old. You can’t get into better shape than you were when you were 21. You’ll look too skinny. Don’t lose anything else.” Of course, the only part I really heard was “you can’t”, which I took as an issued challenge. The gauntlet had been thrown down, so I had no choice but to take it up.

So, with that, my new goal became to not only get my weight down, but to be more physically fit than I have ever been in my life. I have never been able to get a six pack, and my chest has never had the cut look I have always dreamed of. So my goal, at the end of this 12 week run, was to not only lose the additional weight, but to make significant progress towards those two additional goals of my younger years.

SO, here are my stats:
TT Transformation Contest Begin Date: May 5th, 2011
Contest End Date: July 27th, 2011
Workouts used:
Week 1 thru 4: TT Abs;
Weeks 5 thru 8: TT for Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks;
Weeks 9 thru 12: TT AAA Abs.
Measurements (before in parentheses):
»Height: 6 FT 3 IN
»Weight: 188 lbs. (205 lbs) = (-) 17 lbs
»Chest: 41 IN (43 IN) = (-) 2 IN
»Waist: 37 IN (41IN) = (-) 4 IN
»Hips: 40.5 IN (43 IN) = (-) 2.5 IN
»Thighs: 21 IN (22.5 IN) = (-) 1.5 IN
»Right Bicep: 14.5 IN (14 IN) = (+) 0.5 IN

I am extremely excited and proud of the progress I’ve made during this 12-week contest. Not just because of those numbers above, but because they are above and beyond what I had already accomplished since I started using Turbulence Training this past February.

The phrase I found to guide me through my body transformation was, “Keep your goal in front of you.” It is true that I have re-assessed and changed my goal several times, but it has always been in front of me - in my thoughts and in the decisions I make. There is always something to remind me of what my goals are. For a visual cue, I have a little cartoon of a guy with a pole attached to his belt, extending over his head, and dangling a medal just out of his grasp, as he runs towards it. That is my visual reminder, which I intend to keep in front of me, and apply to every aspect of my life.

So, now, as I sit here writing this essay, and looking at my before and after photos, I cannot believe how far I have come in such a relatively short time. What really shocked me was how I looked in my before photos for the contest. Holy shnikes! THAT was how I looked after I’d already lost 22 pounds?!? I really wish I’d had the foresight to take the pictures back in February for comparison (...or maybe not). But now the question I’m asking myself is: What had I waited so long for? This journey has brought to mind my now-favorite Jack London quote, “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” I truly feel that I have succeeded in my goals for this contest, and, as a direct result of this journey, in several other aspects of my life. And it is in large part, due to the inspiration that I have found in the past and present TT contest participants.

Yes, it does take a lot of hard work, and, yes, there are those days when you feel like giving up. But, as I sit here now writing the summary of my passage back into fitness, I have to say to anybody out there who might read this and is just getting started, it is AB-SO-LUTELY worth every ounce of sweat; every minute you take out of your busy schedule. I feel healthier, I feel more confident, and I’m enjoying my life with my family a lot more. When I’m out working in the yard – the shirt comes OFF. When I took the kids to the pool the other day, I had my shirt off before THEY did. Eating right is now second nature for me, so I feel I am making healthy choices everyday for me and my family. I strongly believe that all of the time, money and energy I am putting into learning about our health, and doing everything I can, right now, to ensure we are living strong, will pay great dividends, not only for the rest of my life, but for that of my children.

Thank you Craig for everything you do.
Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B_A Photo_01 - FRONT - FINAL_reduced.jpg (93.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg B_A Photo_02 - SIDE - FINAL_reduced.jpg (95.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg B_A Photo_03 - BACK - FINAL_reduced.jpg (91.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Default The Contest Diary of Billy Quiz aged 47 and 3/4

During the course of this 12 week transformation, I have been teasing readers with my secrets to transformation. Well, I guess now is the time to come clean. So, what have been my two discoveries that I have employed?

The first one I would like to talk about concerns diet compliance. It is much easier to comply with any dietary protocol where you have a coach or supporter with you 24/7 who will ensure that you stay on the straight and narrow. But what do you do if you don’t have that luxury?

In my days as a competitive athlete, I discovered that I would never be fast enough to win anything running 400m flat so I decided to switch to running 400m hurdles. Part of my development was to read the autobiography of David Hemery. He was a British athlete who won the gold medal in the hurdles at the Mexico Olympics setting a new world record and winning by a record margin. However, he spent the winter prior to the Olympics at university in Boston where he only had a 120yard indoor track to train on. His big secret was using visualisation. He had run through every possible scenario for his Olympic final in his head prior to the race and was ready for whatever happened. As I have developed my knowledge as a coach, I have researched visualisation. Athletes who are skilled in it can visualise a race and the body is unable to distinguish between the visualisation and reality. Heart rate measures will be similar and the time taken can be as close as a tenth of a second to the actual performance. The mind can really create its own reality.

So, how does this help with a transformation contest? Well, I have been following the Dukan diet, a plan create by a French doctor. I created a visualisation of a French doctor (complete with an outrageous French accent for all you Monty Python fans!) Whenever I was faced with a struggle over what I was eating, my imaginary diet coach put me back on the straight and narrow. The visualisation was as effective as having a coach with me 24/7.

My second secret was something that should have been blindingly obvious to me but yet I failed to see it….repeatedly!! It was only when I went back and read through my previous TT logs that it stood out like a sore thumb. In the first TT Transformation contest, I was pretty successful – I lost 23lbs weight and gained some muscle. However, I lost 14lbs of that in the first four weeks and as time went on, that weight loss stalled. While appreciating that there is an inevitable slowing down that occurs in any weight loss process, it should not have been that significant. So, what happened? The devil is in the detail. At the start, I knew that I was very unfit and that I had to break myself easily into a training routine. By week 12, I was completing a TT session 3 days a week and setting personal records in rowing or running the other three days. One of my maxims with runners, especially those new to running or returning from a long layoff, is minimum effective dose. Each training stress creates a risk of injury therefore you need to exert the minimum stress to elicit a training response and no more. When I looked at my own training, I was following the idea that if I train twice a day every day then I’ll get twice the response. An essential part of the exercise cycle is the recovery and I wasn’t allowing myself that opportunity. So, during this contest I experimented with doing as little as I could while still achieving a response.

So, what results did I achieve?

Well, I followed the Six Month Bodyweight Manual and moved to the next level once I could complete all the reps at the previous level comfortably rather than a strict 4 weeks at each level. I am currently working through month 3. The main finisher or interval workout that I have been using has been kettlebell swings with a 24kg bell. I have doubled the amount of work I am doing from 100 swings in a session to 200.

Weight day 1: 207lbs
Body fat %: 29 %
Weight day 84: 179lbs
Body fat %: 19%
Total weight loss: 28lbs

I had a goal that I wanted to be able to break the 190lb barrier and sustain a weight below that…well, I’m pleased to say that I’ve achieved that. I do not feel totally exhausted by the effort but motivated to continue. The Dukan plan has built into it a consolidation phase to prevent rebound weight gain which I will start following and look to lose another 15lbs later in the year. All in all, a pretty good 12 weeks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03-08-2011_opt.jpg (85.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Collages_opt.jpg (88.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMGA0001_opt.jpg (87.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg TT 11_opt.jpg (91.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-05-2011, 05:29 AM

Default gForce's TC11 Entry (Male Over 40)

Age 45
Height 5' 8"
Weight 161.4 --> 148.0 (-13.4)
BF% 15.2 --> 11.7 (-3.5)
Neck 14.5 --> 14.0 (-0.5)
Chest 39.0 --> 37.5 (-1.5)
Abdomen 35.0 --> 32.0 (-3.0)

As I reached "a certain age" the excuses for letting myself get out of shape kept piling on: I was never particularly athletic, everyone puts on a few pounds, I had no time, I was more prone to injury, my metabolism wouldn't allow it, it was a lot of effort for too little gain, and on and on. I looked myself in the mirror, didn't like what I saw, but didn't have the motivation to do anything about it. Then at the beginning of the year my wife bought me some exercise videos. The message was loud and clear - get your butt off the couch and do something: for my physical health, my emotional health, and most importantly for my family. I've got to admit those first few days were humbling, but I got through the program. I lost about 5 lbs and felt stronger and fitter than I had in a long time.

But now what? Another round of the same wasn't very appealing, that program was something I just wanted to get through. There was no way I could sustain that as part of my daily routine indefinitely. Too much time day after day and no easy way to add real variety to keep it interesting, or modification to reach specific goals.

That's when I ran across TT, really by accident, and the more I looked into it and read about it the more I thought it would work for me. I really enjoyed the original TT4FL workout and after 2 weeks decided to join the contest as extra motivation to get myself in shape for a family vacation we have scheduled in August. During this contest I have done TT2K3, TT245, and TT2K6. I've lost nearly three times as much weight in the same amount of time as that "other" program. I've made strength gains with more focused superset workouts that take half the time. My bodyfat percentage has dropped to a level beyond what my initial goals were and lower than I ever though I would see again in this lifetime. My enthusiasm for the workouts has also motivated me to be more aware of my nutrition. This has always been a weak point for me but I've been able to almost completely avoid fast food and am monitoring my caloric intake for the first time ever.

This contest has been a great success for me, and while the photos may not be as striking as some of the other successes in this contest,my competitors were not my peers -- it was myself. To overcome the idea that fitness was not something I could strive for, and achieve. These 12 weeks have flown by, as they should, as it is only the beginning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC11.005.jpg (53.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg TC11.006.jpg (53.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg TC11.007.jpg (49.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg TC11.004.jpg (54.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg TC11.009.jpg (46.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by gForce : 08-05-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 PM

Default Deb's 12 week entry... under 40's women

I joined this contest with full awareness that this would be the most challenging time of the year for me. All the more reason to do it. I knew that around week 5 my routine would start to change and by week 7 be completely chaotic. Even more reason to do it. I really wanted to be able to deal with all the routine changes and chaos. My goals for this contest was to lose more fat, boost my metabolism and see if I could stick it out with all the chaos. The things that were achieved kind of revealed themselves as I went along and once again learned so much.

Age: 38 and probably 20 times healthier than when I was 28. I started the contest 37 and ended 38 and a little wiser.

BODY STATS: I've conformed to write in inches and pounds.

NECK: 13.6 ----> 12.8 (Less 0.8)
BICEP: 10.8 ----> 10.2 (Less 0.6)
FOREARM: 8.9 ----> 6.7 (Less 2.2)
CHEST: 37.2 ----> 33.9 (Less 3.3)
WAIST: 30.3 ----> 28.5 (Less 1.8)
HIPS: 38.2 ----> 35.8 (Less 2.4)
THIGH: 21.9 -----> 18.9 (Less 3)
CALF: 12.6 -----> 12.2 (Less 0.4)

BODY WEIGHT: My start weight was 135.1 which is possibly not a true representation because I was in recovery from bronchitis. My weight then climbed to 137.1 which is more like where I was before I had the bronchitis. At the end of the 12 weeks I ended up at 132.4.

Workouts.
Booty for Wife phase 3 (weeks 9-12)
Metabolic Resistance
Buff Dudes And Hot Chicks

I learnt how important it is to keep an active attitude outside of the workout time. So during this 12 weeks I also built a small veggie garden. Just have to keep moving an be active. It's also important to have that rest too. It's pretty easy to want to do more, but allowing the body to rest was crucial. I also learnt to be aware of form and tempo during the workout.

Nutrition.
Knowing that I'm supposed to create a deficit in order to lose fat I decided to try zig zagging around the energy (calorie) intake. I split it into three catorgories of low,medium high. So on the days where there is a bigger deficit, the low days, I needed to know how to eat lots but still create the deficit. So usually I'd have white meat such as fish and then fill up on veggies. The medium could include a red meat, some rice but still lots of veggies and high day was whatever...just eat.

I learnt that moderation means moderation. When I first packed the weight on, I'd given up cigarettes and was pregnant with twins. I had no idea of moderation and food was amazing since I'd regained by taste buds and figured it was because I was pregnant. My appetite exploded. The whole cigarette craving was being replaced by food and I had no idea. So now I realise that I can have some wine with food on a regular basis, but just one. I can eat whatever on a high day, but then it's back to work so to speak. Cut out sugar, processed foods from my daily diet. Really exercising moderation makes way for all the pleasures of food.
I also learnt, and this was the greatest thing to learn actually, that how I go about with my diet plan is a direct influence on my kids. I have two girls who will be 8 and it's so important that they see their mum lose fat from the TT workouts and eating healthy. So if it takes longer I don't mind, just as long as my kids are influenced positively.

I do realise that I still have a way to go to be a lean chick. My transformations are subtle, but consistent. I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. When I look back to last year there is a massive change. February 2010 I was 165lbs. My family benefit, I'm always looking for a new recipe, it's a lot easier to buy clothes and I have much more strength, energy and enthusiasm. I'm just going to keep at it and keep learning. Can't go wrong with Turbulence Training.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before front.jpg (57.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg after front.jpg (68.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg before side.jpg (41.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg side after.jpg (37.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg before back.jpg (41.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by debz0773 : 08-09-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Continued from last page...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back after.jpg (52.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg before.jpg (64.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg after paper.jpg (92.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Default TC 11 Essay and Photos

August 19, 2011
TT 11 Essay

I am very pleased to be part of another TT contest. I guess I’d have to be considered a TT veteran, as I’ve been in quite a few of these contests now. This has really become a way of life for me these last few years since discovering TT – fitness has become a passion.

I like to break up the contest into three month segments (which obviously coincides with changing workouts). In this contest, I started very strong – I used what for me is an old reliable workout: the Big 5 Circuit. I had a great first month where I was very disciplined in both my workouts and nutrition. I really never have a problem being disciplined in my workouts – it’s the nutrition that usually is the challenge, which is exactly what happened for much of the second month of the contest. During that month I used TT for Amazing Abs – it’s from 2007. It’s a very good program, and I did well with the exercises, but overall I would have done better that month had I been more disciplined with nutrition.

I set goals at the beginning of the contest – one of which was to achieve 9% body fat. I don’t believe I’ve hit this one – I was measured at 22% at the beginning of the contest, and the trainer who measured me has since moved on, so I’ve not measured. I don’t like to get too caught up in numbers anyway; I like to just go with the photos.

I had gotten away from TT for a while last year, as I really wanted to concentrate on my nutrition. What I found when I came back to the TT workouts, was that I really felt like I had come “home.” The workouts are so good, so varied, and so challenging, that the results almost come automatically if you just show up. It’s so common to read someone post on the forum that they have been working out hard for so many years, but find the TT workouts just so much more challenging. Craig has really put together these great programs, which are science based – and that appeals to me. The programs are not just haphazardly thrown together. There is a reason that Craig uses supersets, a reason he uses HIIT, etc.

During the third month, I used the Buff Dudes, Hot Chick workout. I have noticed that this workout is one of the clear favorites of so many people, and it’s obvious why – it’s just a great workout. And I was more diligent with my nutrition in the last month, even while traveling quite a bit. I spent 14 of the last 26 days of the month in hotels, so it was always a challenge finding the right nutrition. I also decided to use the ESE program in the last month, as I had read so many people had used it successfully. I was really apprehensive about it, but I used it once a week and I have to say it definitely contributed to the results.

The website and discussion forums are such a key piece of the equation. I love reading the other contestants posts – there is so much to learn from all of you. We are each contributing to each other’s success. The response time from Craig to each of our posts continues to amaze me – it shows his dedication to his business, which is clearly a main reason TT is so successful around the globe.

I began the contest at 192.5 and ended at 186.5 for a six pound loss. I am proud to add those six pounds to Craig’s total fat loss goal.

I am really looking forward to being part of the first TT summit in San Diego. With TT, anyone can significantly improve their physique, and achieve the body they want.

May 9, 2011 – Weight: 192.5 lbs.
July 31, 2011 – Weight: 186.5 lbs.

Programs used:
Big 5 Circuit
TT for Amazing Abs
Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT 11 001.jpg (44.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg TT 11 002.jpg (48.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-08-01 07.39.52.jpg (90.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-08-01 07.41.16.jpg (89.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-08-01 07.41.36.jpg (83.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM

Sorry, not too good with computers....here are the other photos. In the last post, the first two are from day 1, and the last three are from day 84.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-08-01 07.41.41.jpg (83.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-08-01 07.42.01.jpg (86.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-20-2011, 02:43 PM

Default Jenae's Transformation

Jenae's Transformation;
TT 11th Contest, Under 40 Women

After competing in several triathlons, and never losing a pound, I was burned out and resigned to never having the body I wanted after having 4 children. I learned the hard way that long, steady-state cardio wasn't going to get me the results I wanted. I had maintained the same weight (with the exception of my pregnancies) for over 4 years! Being an ACE certified personal trainer made matters even worse for me. I spent my days telling other people how to transform their bodies, but I couldn't do it for myself.

I knew exactly what it would take to change my body, but I continually committed the cardinal sin of fat loss---inconsistency. I couldn't find a plan that worked with my schedule, kept my interest, was progressive, and completely spelled out for me; that is until I came across Turbulence Training.

Finding Turbulence Training was the best thing that ever happened to my physique and my self-esteem. It was perfect for me because, as a busy mom to four and a part-time personal trainer, finding the time to workout had become so difficult that I couldn't be consistent with my workouts. After working at the gym with my clients, I was too exhausted to stay for my own workout and I was always in a hurry to get home to my family. Knowing that I could do my workout at home in half the time, only three days a week, got rid of all my excuses.

Without excuses, I was finally able to be consistent with my workouts. I knew that such consistency was the only true secret to fat loss, but with TT workouts, I could finally follow through and stay committed to a plan. The work was all done for me, so I didn't have to “think” at the gym, it was all there for me.

Not only was having a no-excuses plan key to my success, the unique format of TT workouts are by far the most effective fat loss workouts I've found. I simply got MORE done in LESS time. I was able to get rid of “stubborn” fat with fewer workouts than when I was exercising 2 or more hours a day training for triathlons.

After some research, I decided to incorporate “Lean Gains” intermittent fasting approach to dieting to my transformation plan. It ended up being the easiest diet I have ever tried. Not to mention, I gained muscle while losing fat on the diet, which isn't an easy thing to accomplish.

I started my journey on Memorial Day. I was surprised by the immediate results, and how good of a workout it was. I still had a triathlon that I had signed up for coming up in the beginning of June, so on my off days, I did my long runs, rides and swims. For my HIIT, I did speed work to prepare for my triathlon. I was working out less, but was still able to beat my previous time in the triathlon I competed in which completely amazed me!

Halfway through the contest in July, I went on a week long vacation for a family reunion several states away. I was extremely worried that I would backslide during the trip, that I would give in to social pressure or not have the time to workout. TT made it easy to workout at the hotel we stayed at and intermittent fasting kept my diet in check. All I did was fast in the mornings, have a small, healthy lunch, and then I was able to enjoy a large, normal, dinner with our family without drawing attention to my dieting or worrying about being perfect on the plan.

Unfortunately, when I got home from our trip I started to have some health issues. I was dealing with kidney problems (I have had kidney surgery in the past and sometimes my right kidney will swell up and not drain.) I was also dealing with severe water retention, cramping and pain from my Endometriosis. I went in to see multiple doctors, trying to determine the cause of my problems and how they related to one another.

To spare you the details, it was determined that I would need to have a partial hysterectomy and remain on a medication to help my right kidney function better. Luckily for me, the surgery was scheduled for after the contest. Meanwhile though, I had to continue on despite all the problems I was having. At first, I thought that the contest was over for me. With the water retention issues, my weight was all over the place. I couldn't tell if what I was doing was working or not. I had to rely heavily on my body fat measurements since the scale was no help. I was frustrated and most importantly, not feeling well.

Then I made the decision that I had to finish strong. I only had a month left at that point and I had truly worked so hard up until then, that I simply could not give up. My husband was such a support and inspiration to me to keep going and I didn't want to let him, or myself down.

I couldn't control my health problems, but I could make the decision to go to the gym and not miss my workouts. I could make the decision to skip dessert and pass on seconds. I could work hard and continually see my body change for the better. That gave me the encouragement and the will to keep going.

Looking back, I learned that each day was a decision. True, I had to decide to keep going when my health issues arose at a time that I could have easily given up, but even at day 1, day 15 and day 42, I had a choice to make. I had to choose to workout, choose to make sacrifices, and choose to watch what I ate. Luckily, I had made that decision at the very beginning, but my resolve to stick to that decision would be tested every single day, every single meal. It was never losing sight that every single day counted that helped me to see the bigger picture and stay committed to my decision.

I am so happy, not only with my results, but also that I can now be a better example to my clients, family and friends! I lost several inches off my body, lost 12 lbs., busted through a plateau and now weigh what I haven't weighed since my sophomore year in high school! Having a plan, getting rid of excuses and making every day count were vital to my success. And all of those things were possible because of Craig's amazing TT programs and his coaching and encouragement!

Stats:
Start Date: May 29th, 2011
End Date: August 20th, 2011
Weight: 116---104 -12 lbs
Waist: 28”---24.5” -3.5”
Hips: 36”---34” -2”
Belly Button: 32”---28” -4”
Thigh: 21”---20” -1”

Programs Used:
TT Intermediate Level Workout
Original TT Workout
TT 23K Workout

Diet used:
Martin Berkhan's "Lean Gains" Guide to Intermittent Fasting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT Transformation Front.jpg (85.6 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by jenaelifts : 09-03-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:36 PM

Default Twelve Rounds with Myself!!!

Twelve Rounds with Myself!!!

First off I want to thank Craig, the TT Staff and all of the TT Members for their countless hours and enormous support. Without that none of these success stories would have been possible.

I believe that Craig is the epitome of “Pay it Forward” and I can only hope to achieve a tenth of what he has accomplished in that arena. All that he does is focused on the well being of others and helping them achieve their goals. What more could you ask for in a coach and a mentor.

Like the title shows I liken this TT Transformation Contest to a Heavy Weight prize fight with myself. Twelve rounds of grueling back breaking work, long hours, smash mouth, deprivation, juking, jiving, and all of that is before I even step one foot into the ring.

But the best part of all was that the prep work and planning was already completed for me and all I had to do was execute the plan. How successful I am at this fight was dependent on how well I executed the plan laid out before me. With that I had three portions of my plan:
  • The first was The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet with TT Clash of the Titians

• The second was TT Metabolic Resistance with Clean Eating/Fasting

• The Third was TT Buff Guys & Hot Gals with Clean Eating/Extra Protein
Like in all fights you set goals and my fight was no different. I set some major goals to achieve in my fight and I am quite pleased with the results pertaining to these goals. My overall goals at a high level were to:

Lose 35 pounds
Lose 5% of Body Fat
Eat 99% clean
Stay on track with my workouts (as the Plan stated)
Win the Six Week TT Challenge
Win the Overall 11th TT Transformation Contest…

On the goal of losing 35lbs I came up a little short, but I am not too upset on that one. I only lost 6 pounds in the last 6 weeks of the contest, but I feel that I gained a few pounds of lean muscle on the TT Buff Guys & Hot Gals workout. By looking at my photos and feeling much stronger after completing it I feel better off with the added muscle.

On the goal of losing 5% Body Fat I am very excited and happy with my results. I lost over 5% of body fat throughout the contest and thus achieved my goal.

On the goal of Eat 99% clean throughout the entire contest I feel confident that I achieved this goal as well.

I know I stayed on track with all of my workouts. I enjoy going to the gym and when life happened and I was unable to get to the gym I substituted Body Weight/At home TT workouts to stay on track.

YAY!!! I won the Six Week TT Challenge and smashed through that goal.

Only time and the votes will tell if I achieve my final goal of Winning the Overall 11th TT Transformation Contest, but my journey will not stop here win, loose, or draw I have already achieved and won so much.

Contest Start

Age 32
6' tall
250lbs
17.39% Body Fat

Week Twelve Results

Age 32
6' tall
225lbs -25lbs
12.1% Body Fat - 5.29%

I am taking one week off of the program and then I will get right back at it with the original Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks to get down to that 10% Body Fat.

You can keep up with me and read full reviews of My TT Experiences @ www.fatlossfreedom.net

Thank you for all of the support and God Bless,

Matt G.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b4andAfterTT11.jpg (91.0 KB, 48 views)