TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Default Official Entries for 11th TT Transformation 6-Week Contest here

Time to show us what you've got so far!

You can submit your entry to the 6-week mini-contest here. Can't wait to see your results.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

And stay strong for those final 6 weeks.

Your friend,

Craig
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM

Default 6 Week Mini/May 1 - May June 11

Mark Glodfelter 40 and over

This is my second attempt at the TT Contest. If you recall, the last one I ended up getting very sick midway through and really hindered me throughout the rest of the contest. Plus my diet was fair, not good nor great.

This second time however I really put my heart and mind into the contest. I am really enjoying it much more because I have seen many more improvements physically and emotionally. The TT workouts, coupled with diet, have been such a huge benefit. Thanks Craig for all the time you spend creating programs that makes a positive change in our lives.

To begin, here are my stats at the beginning and end of the 6 week mini contest.

Weight: Start - 187.8 / End - 179.8 (-8)
Neck: Start - 15.75 / End - 14.75 (-1)
Bicep Unflexed: Start - 12.5 / End - 12 (-.5)
Wrist: Start - 7.5 / End - 7 (-.5)
Chest: Start - 40.5 / End - 38 (-2.5)
Waist: Start - 37 / End - 34 (-3)
Hips: Start - 39 / End - 38 (-1)
Thigh: Start - 22 / End - 21 (-1)
Calf: Start - 14.5 / End - 14 (-.5)

WORKOUTS

Like last time I am going with the BW workouts. At my age (49) they are less stressful on my joints and give me greater flexibility and endurance. My workouts for this 6 week contest were the BW Carido 3 for the first 4 weeks and presently using the BW Bodybuilding 2K10. I went into these workouts with more motivation to do them. I really pushed myself and can tell a major difference.

I have found out with these BW workouts, they have really be influential in controlling my blood sugars (I’m an insulin dependent diabetic). I was finding out my energy level’s throughout the day became better. I felt like I did not need to take a nap mid afternoon like I did before I started this contest. To put it simply: THESE PROGRAMS WORK! Plus for the first time in a long time, I can just barely begin to see my abs. The last time I saw them was 25 years ago when I was in my early 20’s.

DIET

My goal for the entire 12 week program was to get down to 175-180. I already accomplished that with the 6 week mini. From the tips Craig and other TT members have given to following the Eat Stop Eat, I have made huge improvements in my fat loss. There’s no doubt, diet is KEY when it comes to fat loss. I don’t believe I have ever been this focused on my diet, and it’s paying off. I have stayed away from simple sugar food and ate clean. Complex carbs, meat/whey protein and healthy fats (almonds, olive oil, natural PB). I found out after 1 week it really did become much easier. I guess my body has adjusted to this type of eating.

Craig, thank you for providing Turbulence Training. It has literally changed my life in so many ways. More energy, more flexibility, more endurance, more strength, AND LESS FAT!!!!!!!!!! I owe a debt to you that could never be repaid, and so I say with heartfelt emotions: THANK YOU.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before May 1,2011.JPG (60.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg After June11.2011:Front.JPG (56.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Before May 1,2011:Side.JPG (58.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg After June11.2011:Side.JPG (36.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-12-2011, 09:58 PM

Default Lertno's 6 Week Transformation May 1 - June 11

Darren, Male age 32

I started working out about 18 years ago focusing on building muscle but always had the goal of getting a six pack. Over the years I've participated in rowing, hockey, baseball and other recreation sports as well. I've tried workouts like TaeBo, P90X and even infomercial gadgets like the ab roller. Doing the same workout over and over just gets boring and ineffective. No matter what workout I did they didn't last and weren?t effective. I would go in cycles of working out and not working out. I never paid much attention to my nutrition. I was under the impression that I could do it with working out and some fat loss pills.

Fast forward 18 years later, married with 3 boys, a lot less time and more bumps and bruises (back, shoulders). I no longer had the time or patience to workout at a gym. It just eats up too much time getting there and then having to wait for the equipment while people are socializing in between their sets. Working out 7 days a week, 2hrs a day wasn't cutting it either. I needed something less time consuming that I could do at home with a set of dumbbells, an exercises ball and a bench. My focus was no longer on building muscle as my body could no longer take it. It was time to get lean, lose the fat and get a six pack.

I found Turbulence Training and all these contest winners with their great results and it looked like a respectable product. It may have also helped that Craig is from Toronto Canada which is pretty close to where I live. Since I hate boring cardio it seemed like the workout for me.

I began with the Bodyweight Cardio 3 Workout since I wanted a workout I could do at home. I wasn't really into it and still feeling lazy just going through the motions. I decided I would give the transformation contest a try. Unfortunately it was running into my big vacation so I skipped out on it and then another one when I got back because I had no energy or motivation.

Then came spring and I was up to 198 and my belly kept growing from eating too much and not working out. It was time to find a good time to start. I realize now that there is never a good time. The best time is now. So at the time that I probably have the most things going on (moving, birth of a 3rd son) I decided to add 1 more thing to the equation. My transformation to a six pack began.

During my 6 week Turbulence Training contest journey I used the Intermediate Workout followed by the 2K4 workout (2 weeks). I used the Turbulence Training Nutrition guide to help learn what foods and how much I should be eating. I have been posting updates in the Turbulence Training forum for each day of the contest. It's very motivational reading about everyone that is going through the same things you are. I have also posted a couple questions to Craig that I have about the workouts and other workout questions. He chose the workouts I am doing as it was just too much for me to figure out what to do. It's easier to just have someone tell me.

After 3 weeks of seeing good results with the workouts and the nutrition guide I decided I needed to take it to the next level. I found a lot of winners of the contest seemed to be using the Eat Stop Eat program. Since it was TT Approved I gave it a try even know I was sceptical.

My results are as follows:

Day 1 --> Day 42

Weight 198 lbs --> 179.5lbs [-18.5lbs]
Bodyfat 21.2% --> 14.4% [-6.8%]
Waist 39.0" --> 34.25" [-4.75"]

Chest 40" --> 38" [-2.0"]
Arms 13.75" --> 13.75" [0.00"]
Hips 40.75" --> 39.25" [-1.5"]
Thighs 23.0" --> 22.25" [-0.75"]
Calves 15.0" --> 14.5" [-0.5"]
Forearms 10.0" --> 10.0" [0.00"]
Shoulders 48.0" --> 47.25" [-0.75"]
Neck 15.5" --> 16" [+0.5"]

If you think you can't do it..then think again. It can be done. Stay motivated, don't let in to temptation and keep a schedule of your workouts on a calendar like your appointments. No excuses. This is how a family man (father of 3) is getting closer to his 12 week goal of a six pack after 18 years.

Darren
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6week-front-DarrenL.JPG (27.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 6week-side-DarrenL.JPG (25.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 6week-back-DarrenL.JPG (26.8 KB, 45 views)

Workout Journal
http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10679

Follow my Transformation Blog. More in depth about how my transformation and things I'm doing. My Turbulence Training 6 Week Transformation Results
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Default 6 down, 6 to go...

Jon, Age 26, 5'10

Well, despite it being such a short period of time, I feel like I've learnt more about health and nutrition over the past 6 weeks than I had in the past 6 years. I'd like to think I've come a reasonably long way as well!

I've always exercised and been keen on sports, but a love of food that's not so good for me has always been my downfall when trying to get into shape so I knew that nutritionally I'd have to change things. When I first heard about intermittent fasting, I thought it was just some fad money-making scheme and didn't understand how it could possibly be healthy, but wow how I was proved wrong. I've been experimenting with a mixture of leangains and Eat Stop Eat style fasts, both of which I've found are great and simple ways of controlling calorie intake. There have still been (too many) cheat days, but overall, my nutrition has been pretty good.

Being new to TT, I started with the basic workouts and have recently moved up to TT2K3. I'll be continuing that for another 2 weeks before moving on to TT2K4 for the final 4 weeks. The workouts have cut my gym time in half, while being much more effective (and gruelling!).

My original goal was to drop to 10% BF; not something I've achieved just yet, but something I've made a good start on. I'm not sure how much to trust these readings, specifically the BF %, but here's what the scales say:

Day 1: 165lbs, 17% BF (28 lbs fat, 137lbs LBM)
Day 42: 151lbs, 12% BF (18lbs fat, 133lbs LBM)

Looking forward at the next 6 weeks, I've got 3 points that top my list:

1. Being consistently disciplined - In both exercise and nutrition, although it's the latter which I find the most difficult (and, of course due to the laws of the world, therefore the most important!).

2. Being more active on the forums - I think my best week nutritionally was when I was posting every day on the forums. It's great to see other people's progress and it really gives you motivation, not to mention you've got real accountability when you know you have to tell everyone what's been going on.

3. Continuing to learn - I'd like to see this 12 weeks as a period of learning, something that will give me the knowledge to go away afterwards and continue living a healthier lifestyle, rather than a 12 week "crash diet". A lot of things I've learnt and taken on I'll certainly be continuing, whether it's a fresh outlook on fasting, a new way of working out or even the recipes for Meatza and High Protein Almond Bread (available in the forum!).

So, wishing everyone the best for the next 6 weeks, I really hope I'm back here at that point telling you how my goals have all been reached, thanks to Turbulence Training!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Optimized-Front.jpg (65.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Optimized-Side A.jpg (63.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Optimized-Side B.jpg (63.1 KB, 57 views)

TC 11 Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10647

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM

Default Deb's 6 week entry...

This is the second contest for me. I love how much I learn by being a part of this and the forum too. I just wanted to get myself out of the unhealthy weight (fat) range I was in. I feel I have done this and I can now work towards further fat loss and then to being lean.

Age: 37 and probably 20 times healthier than when I was 27.

BODY STATS: I've conformed to write in inches and pounds.

NECK: 13.6 ----> 13 (Less 0.6)
BICEP: 10.8 ----> 10.4 (Less 0.2)
FOREARM: 8.9 ----> 8.3 (Less 0.6)
CHEST: 37.2 ----> 34.6 (Less 2.6)
WAIST: 30.3 ----> 29.5 (Less 0.8)
HIPS: 38.2 ----> 36.8 (Less 1.4)
THIGH: 21.9 -----> 19.5 (Less 2)
CALF: 32

BODY WEIGHT: 135.1 -----> 137 ----> 136.2 ----> 135.5 -----> 134.6 ----> 134.

I started the contest recovering from bronchitis. It's interesting to see how the body weight fluctuates.

WORKOUTS:

Booty for Wife phase 3 ( weeks 9-12 ). I really enjoyed this workout. Ladies.. you have to try this one! Loved it.

Metabolic Resistance Training. I'm in my second week and doing exercises I've never done before and enjoying it heaps.

NUTRITION:

Eating clean, non processed foods pretty much. I'm experimenting with the zig zag concept to move the caloric intake around during the week. I have two days in the week where I raise the calories. Saturday can be above maintenance and Wednesday maintenance. However, I do take the intuitive approach over the science and if I feel my body needs more it gets it and if I don't feel like eating maintenance on Wednesday I don't. I've reduced my red meat intake eating more fish and increased the amount of vegetables and I love eating fruit. I've learnt that people say enjoy in moderation for a reason. I like to have a glass of red wine with food and Portuguese make spectacular wine. Just one glass, I didn't think I could do it but if I abuse it then I can't have any and that would be just sad. I'd just like to mention my new best friend this contest is chickpeas. Thank you peoples of the forum for the recipe ideas and tips. We look after each other don't we.

THE NEXT 6 WEEKS:

Yes, well... I'm prepared to be challenged. The workload increases (night work), kids on holidays from school, summer kicks in for some scorching days. My finish day will be my birthday ( July 29 ) so that's an incentive and so is lots of days at the beach with my kids.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before front.jpg (61.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg after front.jpg (48.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg before side.jpg (55.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg after side.jpg (56.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg before.jpg (64.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 AM

Default continued..

More pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before back.jpg (51.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg after back.jpg (51.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (64.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-18-2011, 06:53 AM

Default Look Out 190lbs!!

Today is my wedding anniversary - I was married 23 years ago today! On our wedding day, I weighed in at around 155lbs. I was running competitively, playing loads of ther sports and could pretty much eat what I liked with impunity. However, I was a skinny, scrawny 155lbs - not lean and muscular.

Fast forward seven years and I was working as an Instructor at Police College training new recruits. I was still doing loads of sports, eating what I liked but also drinking lots of alcohol which was part of the culture there. I was nominated to train as a public order instructor - riot and self defence type training. The course for this was very intensive and although I had all the endurance in the world, I was pretty weak. Consequently, I engage in some pretty serious weight training and gained 25lbs of mostly muscle in 3 months. I completed the course successfully and for the next two years my weight remained stable - still eating loads and exercising loads.

When my secondment to the training college ended, I returned to a sedentary job and we started a family. i did nothing to address my eating habits and had very little time to train. Consequently, the pounds piled on. Since the, I've remained pretty mch stable between 200 and 215 lbs. And I'm only 5'9"!! Over the last couple of years, I've been trying to reduce that, completing TT1 pretty successfully. But I seem to have a bit of a roadblock when I get to 190lbs.

So how is TT11?

Well, my ideal physique is Bruce Lee from Enter The Dragon or Brad Pitt from Fight Club. I would love to get back to running competitively but I need to get back to 160lbs or ideally lower for that to happen. Thus far I have been following the 6 month bodyweight manual although I've only completed the introductory and first phases. Having read other posts, I saw Catherine was following the Dukan diet which I'd never heard about. I researched it and it seemed a good fit so I've been following that since week 2.

And the unveiling......

Well, the most important thing is that I've made two crucial discoveries.....but you'll have to wait for my week 12 essay to find out about them!!!

My starting weight was 207lbs
My current weight is 190lbs

I'm confident that the discoveries I've made in the last 5 weeks will enable me to blast through the 190lb barrier in the next 6 weeks and that I'll be another step closer to that Bruce Lee physique!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGA0002 (1)-1.JPG (83.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMGA0004-3.JPG (85.9 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by billy_quiz : 06-20-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Default Keith's 6-Week Entry

All I can say is it's been an interesting 6 weeks - to say the least. After spending years trying to burn, burn, burn, I was tasked with the mission to build, build, build... Results don't come the same way as fat burning. I learned that the hard way. Still, I'm resolute and quite pleased with the numbers!

Measurements -----May 8th --- June 18th
  • Neck ------- 14" ----- 14"
  • Shoulders - 43.5" --- 44.5" (+ 1"!)
  • Chest ------ 36" ----- 37" (+ 1"!)
  • Bicep ------ 12.5" --- 12.5"
  • Waist ------ 30.75" -- 30.25" (-.5"!)
  • Hips -------- 32" ----- 32"
  • Thigh ------- 20.5" --- 20.5"
  • Calf --------- 14.5" --- 14.5"
  • Weight ------ 152.5lbs. - 151.5lbs

So, you can see, I gained a full inch on my shoulders as well as my chest and lost a half inch off my waist. But, the numbers don't tell the whole story. My weight dropped twice in the first two weeks and got down to 149.5 on May 29th. It made its way up since. Also, both my thigh and calf dropped by a 1/2" and 1/4", respectively, and went back up. This seems to me as though I had dropped some fat and built muscle in my legs (which wouldn't surprise me given the leg day in Mass@Home) as well as what I put on in the chest and shoulders.

Story
I've been overweight most of my life. I peaked at 220lbs in my early 20's. Since then my weight has done it's impression of a yo-yo! I joined a gym again a few years ago and trained with a friend of mine who got me on my way. My expanding family forced me to move my workouts home and that's when I discovered TT. I started using TT workouts last year that I got from YouTube. In that time I went from 176-145lbs! I became a member in January 2011 to rid myself of my last few pounds and get in peak shape for myself and to act as a role model for my son. That's what led me here, today.

Workouts
With Craig's guidance, it was decided that I was low in the Lean Mass dept., so he put me on track to build muscle in order to shed the last few pounds.
I started this contest using Meatheads Lean & Jacked (which I was already 2 weeks into) and concluded with Build Mass at Home. These are to really mean workouts. I've seen pretty big strength gains the like of which I haven't seen since I first started lifting seriously 5 or so years ago.

Nutrition
For my diet, I decided to push my calories on workout days to roughly 2400 cals, and around 2100-2200 on off days with 1 or 2 ESE fast a week. I don't really need the fasts for building muscle, but I enjoy the fast days and would miss them.
My six weeks have been fairly consistent on the nutrition front. I've eaten mostly very clean, but I've enjoyed myself when the moment called for it. I'm still living my life.

Conclusion
Although, I'm not where I want to be just yet I can see the end in site. I'm looking forward to maintaining and even improving beyond what I thought I'd be content with. This forum has been invaluable in ways I can't even describe. The support structure is fantastic - both from contestants and former contestants and winners. Craig's input has helped keep me on track also. I'm so happy I became a member this year.
My plans are to mess with my diet a little and see if I can cut the belly fat a little more as I continue build muscle. Here's to another 6 weeks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiniContestFront.jpg (88.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg MiniContestSide.jpg (87.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg MiniContestBack.jpg (88.6 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by DutchLaramie : 06-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 AM

Default Peter/gForce's 6 Week Entry

Weight 161.4 --> 152.8 (-8.6)
BF% 15.2 --> 12.8 (-2.4)
Neck 14.5 --> 14.0 (-0.5)
Chest 39.0 --> 38.0 (-1.0)
Abdomen 35.0 --> 33.0 (-2.0)
Bicep
Right 13.5 --> 13.5
Left 13.5 --> 13.5
Thigh
Right 21.0 --> 21.0
Left 21.0 --> 21.0
Calf
Right 14.5 --> 14.5
Left 14.5 --> 14.5

As I reached "a certain age" the excuses for letting myself get out of shape kept piling on: I was never particularly athletic, everyone puts on a few pounds, I had no time, I was more prone to injury, my metabolism wouldn't allow it, it was a lot of effort for too little gain, and on and on. I looked myself in the mirror, didn't like what I saw, but didn't have the motivation to do anything about it. Then at the beginning of the year my wife bought me some exercise videos. The message was loud and clear - get your butt off the couch and do something: for my physical health, my emotional health, and most importantly for my family. I've got to admit those first few days were humbling, but I got through the program. I lost about 5 lbs and felt stronger and fitter than I had in a long time.

But now what? Another round of the same wasn't very appealing, that program was something I just wanted to get through. There was no way I could sustain that as part of my daily routine indefinitely. Too much time day after day and no easy way to add real variety to keep it interesting, or modification to reach specific goals.

That's when I ran across TT, really by accident, and the more I looked into it and read about it the more I thought it would work for me. I really enjoyed the original TT4FL workout and after 2 weeks decided to join the contest as extra motivation to get myself in shape for a family vacation we have scheduled in August. I moved to the TT2K3 workout for 4 weeks and have done two weeks of TT2K5. I've lost twice as much weight in half the time as that "other" program. I've made strength gains with more focused superset workouts that take half the time. My bodyfat percentage has dropped to a level I thought would take the entire contest to achieve. My enthusiasm for the workouts has also motivated me to be more aware of my nutrition. This has always been a weak point for me but I've been able to almost completely avoid fast food and am monitoring my caloric intake for the first time ever.

I don't think my photos or my numbers are striking, though they are solid and I am definitely happy with both. I was disappointed to see my chest size go down, but pleasantly surprised at my waist decrease. But the contest is not the goal. If I do great for 12 weeks, but fall back into old habits in 12 months, it will have been a failure. My hope is that it is the catalyst to make this part of my new normal and the start of the rest of my life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC11W06F1.jpg (52.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg TC11W06F2.jpg (52.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg TC11W06F3.jpg (54.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg TC11W06B1.jpg (50.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 PM

Default Six Weeks Contest - Down to, Round Two

I'm “Down to, Round Two” should have been my post topic for my second Transformation Contest. I started my first contest with the right goals, but I don't think I had the entire mind set. This time around I had it all and in full swing. I lost some things from my life right at the end of the last contest and I feel into a depression as well as back into my old ways. Not only did I start eating bad again, I started drinking heavily also. This is after I had been stone cold sober for three years. It was a huge jump for me and I didn't like the way it made me feel, none the less the way it made me look.

I started this contest with some high and lofty goals. Some may say too lofty, but I beg to differ. I'm not saying that I will achieve the goals I set during this contest, but I know I will be much closer to them at the end of it. I have already accomplished many different things this time around through the Transformation Contest than the last. I have set goals to try and help other even more through my journey. I have even created a Meal plan that I will be sharing with everyone real soon.

I have used the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet system and the Clash of the Titans workout for the first 4 weeks. I have started my own version of a diet plan and have been using the New TT Metabolic Resistance for the last two weeks. My workouts have been spot on and I have stuck to my diets 97% of the time.

My current goals were/are to:

-First Four Weeks-
In the first 25 days to lose 20lbs & 2% of body fat.
Eat 99% on XFLD (I get a cheat day every week, I should be able to stick with it).
Stay on track with my workouts & get them in 6 out of the 7 days of the week.

I am very happy with my goal work for the first four weeks. I was able to achieve the second and third goals. I will not say I don't care about the first goal, because I do care very much so. But with that said I care much more about body Fat percentage that actual weight loss. I knew others had lost over 25 pounds in 25 days on the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet and I was hopeful that I could do the same. I know/knew that 20 pounds in 25 days could be done, but it all depends on how much you have to lose. The more you have to lose the easier and faster you will lose it. I lost about 13-15 lbs in the first four weeks of the contest, so I missed my goal by approximately 10lbs. I can live with that. I will look forward to the next portion of the contest and will no longer look upon the first 4 weeks.

-Second Four Weeks-
Lose 15lbs & 2% of body fat.
Eat 99% clean.
Stay on track with my workouts.
Win the Six week challenge.

I am also very delighted with my goal work for the second four weeks. I was able to achieve the second and third goals yet again thus far. I have lost 4-6 lbs of the 15, and I feel that I will be close to accomplish that goal as well. As far as the 4th goal of winning the 6 week contest, I am confident in my results that I have a great chance with this goal.

-Third Four Weeks-
Lose my last 10lbs for good & 1% of body fat.
Eat 99% clean.
Keep on track with my workouts.
Win the 11th TT Contest...

We will have to see it to the end on the rest of the goals.

Matt Gilbert

Contest Start
Age 32
6' tall
250lbs
17.39% Body Fat

Six Weeks
Age 32
6' tall
231lbs -19lbs
15.5% Body Fat -1.89%

Starting Photo