TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM

Default MattyG - Back at it again...

Just as the title shows I'm back at it again. I have had many unexpected events in my life since the last contest. Through all of it I have backsliden to my old ways of coping, which is Food!!! Not the good kinds of food that I have been taught so well to eat, but all of the bad things I could have never imagined eating ever again. I now have the support, determination, knowledge, and most importantly the plan to fully succeed and not look back on my old ways...

I will start this TT Challenge with the XFLD and will be using the TT Clash for the first 25 days, just as I did for the first contest. I found my biggest results with fat loss using the XFLD. I will then move to a clean low-mod cal diet and use "Buff Chicks Hot Dudes" (I know Craig, but I like the change) for the next four weeks of the contest. For the last four weeks of the contest I will continue with the same clean diet, but I am undecided as of right now on which TT program I will use. I have three in mind & I may even go back to TT for ABs, but it is a toss up for now...

My current stats are:
6'
250 lbs
16% body fat
Chest ?
Thigh ?
Bi ?

I will get my current measurements and starting photos in the days to come.

Goals, we must have goals. Goals should be set high and lofty. Goals that are never set will never be achieved and gloals that are too low will be met for not...

My Goals Are:
-First Four Weeks-
In the first 25 days to lose 20lbs & 2% of body fat.
Eat 99% on XFLD (I get a cheat day every week, I should be able to stick with it).
Stay on track with my workouts & get them in 6 out of the 7 days of the week.

-Second Four Weeks-
Lose 15lbs & 2% of body fat.
Eat 99% clean.
Stay on track with my workouts.
Win the Six week challenge.

-Third Four Weeks-
Lose my last 10lbs for good & 1% of body fat.
Eat 99% clean.
Keep on track with my workouts.
Win the 11th TT Contest...

No matter what the outcome of this contest I will contenue my Fat Loss Quest and achieve my goals...

I wish all the best of luck to everyone in the contest...
Matty G.

I will be blogging all of my food and workouts on this blog. Please come and check it out.
The feedback is needed and appreciated.
www.mattygsworkouts.blogspot.com
Checkout my entries in the TT 8 Contest

Last edited by gilbertTT : 05-31-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Welcome back MattyG. You had great results in TC8 and I'm sure you achieve you goals this time around. I actually read through all of your TC8 posts as I prepared for TC9.

After TC9, like with you, life "happened." I'm back in TC11 to finish what I started.

Best of luck to you.

Terry

Soli Deo gloria
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM

Thank you Terry...

Good luck to you in all aspects of this Journey.

MattyG
Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Great to hear from you again Matty
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 PM

Smile

Hi Matty

Welcome back, another familiar face on here! I started contest 8 but flunked out, then got it together with contest 9 and came 3rd in 6 week and 2nd in 12 week.

But like you I let the bad habits creep back and regained some of the weight I had lost, so I started contest number 10 but flunked out again.

So..... I am back again for number 11!! So far I am not doing that great but am determined to stick around and get it together this time.

Your goals are awesome, but that seems like a lot of weight to lose??

I am very interested in the XFLD, as I know you had really good results with it, so I might PM you if you don't mind to quiz you a bit more. I know it involves a shake day, which worries me as I don't like milk and all the protein shakes seem to taste of milk!

anyhow, it's great to have you back and I will be followiong your thread and your success

Cheers for now

Katie
Old 06-01-2011, 03:44 AM

Hi, Matty, great to see you again!! Best of luck with your transformation!!
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Matty

Welcome back, another familiar face on here! I started contest 8 but flunked out, then got it together with contest 9 and came 3rd in 6 week and 2nd in 12 week.

But like you I let the bad habits creep back and regained some of the weight I had lost, so I started contest number 10 but flunked out again.

So..... I am back again for number 11!! So far I am not doing that great but am determined to stick around and get it together this time.

Your goals are awesome, but that seems like a lot of weight to lose??

I am very interested in the XFLD, as I know you had really good results with it, so I might PM you if you don't mind to quiz you a bit more. I know it involves a shake day, which worries me as I don't like milk and all the protein shakes seem to taste of milk!

anyhow, it's great to have you back and I will be followiong your thread and your success

Cheers for now

Katie
Thank you Katie,

You can PM me anytime with questions, but I my open them up for discussion if you don’t mind. I know people have all kinds of questions (just like I do) and they are not always as brave enough to ask.

The XFLD has proven itself to me in the past when I only followed it 90% of the time, so I feel this time if I follow it to the “T” I will get what was promised out of it. Others have surpassed the 25lbs in 25 days, so I feel like my goal of 15lbs is tough but achievable.

I have also set very high goals for myself this time around, because I’m trying to push myself further than I have ever before in many different ways. The work will be hard, but with all of the support that everyone gives how can I fail…

Thank you for the kind comments…

Cheers,

MattyG
Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Hi, Matty, great to see you again!! Best of luck with your transformation!!

Thank you Ion,

I hope all is well with you....
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM

Default Day 2 - Shake day

Today was shake day & after fasting for the first day I had some feeling that I would be quite hungry today. Happily that was not the case. I was fine. My shakes for today were simple and my meals consisted of 4 shakes (needed to be 5), Green Tea, 4 servings of "Free Veggies", Raw Almonds, & 120oz of water. See the full brakedown MattyG's Workouts.

I'm not really counting calories, but I always put them in perspective total calories for the day 1200. I need to make sure I intake at least 1500 calories on shake day, because I dont want my body to go into starvation mode. Next time I will not skip that last shake.

I'm still recovering from my foot injury, but I was able to do all of todays exercises except for the lunges during the warm-up. I am very happy with that, seeing how I have been out of the gym for the past week (& I need to be in the gym everyday for my sanity)...

For my workout I did Day 3 of the TT Clash:

Superset 1:
Heavy Dead lift x8
Heavy Close Grip Chest press x8

Superset 2:
Front squat x8
1 Arm standing press x8

Set 3:
Pull-ups Max-1 = 7 pull-ups for me.

I also added some bike interval training on the end:
3min warm up
1min on, 1min rest x4
30sec on, 30sec rest x2
2min cool down

Hope everyone had as great of a day as I did...

Cheers,

MattyG
Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Default Day 3 Mod Carbs

Day 3 was great!!! , but no Tony the Tiger frosted flakes...

Today is Moderate carb day:
Meal 1 Protein & Fats
Workout
Meal 2 Protein & Carbs
Meal 3 Protein & Carbs
Meal 4 Protein & Fats
Extra Interval training here
Meal 5 Protein & Fats

For my protein I used eggs and egg whites for breakfast & Grilled chicken breast for the rest of my meals. I used Almonds for my Fats & Mixed fresh fruit for my Carbs. I also through in 4 servings of Free Veggies steamed...

Todays workout is the longest of the 5 cycle, but I got it all in & may get in some extra HIT/Interval training this evening. I was able to do all of the exercises except the DB step-ups(because of my foot injury). I was able to do the step-up with BW style...

My foot is getting better & I hope to be able to do all of the workouts and exercises by next week...