TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Robyn

good to see you are still with us and the contest, sounds like things are going well with the diet and traing. Lots going on in your house too !

Am sure you are going to come out at the end of the 12 weeks with a fantastic transformation as always

Keep up the great work

Cheers Katie
Thanks sweetie for your encouragement. Always makes it interesting with a new set of challenges each time huh?! Not as many physical injuries from work, moving furniture, dogs,,, lol, etc. for me this time,,, just mainly the busyness of life and winter,,, yuckie!

Seems like you are doing a great job yourself. Looking forward to seeing your successes

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 07-10-2011, 09:08 AM

Just a couple more days before the end of the 6 week mini contest. It's going fairly well, and I can definately declare that this is absolutely going to be my last big transformation 'cause I'm totally sick and tired of letting myself slip back to being sick and tired,,, and fat! Any tips of how to keep the health/fitness momentum from from being stopped is always much appreciated. It's crazy that I'd gone back to an un-healthy lifestyle when I know full well how great and euphoric I feel esp. after a good workout and my eating is mostly natural food. Gets me mad at myself,,, oh well.

Speaking of which, I'll go do another workout now.

Cheers,

Robyn.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
Just a couple more days before the end of the 6 week mini contest. It's going fairly well, and I can definately declare that this is absolutely going to be my last big transformation 'cause I'm totally sick and tired of letting myself slip back to being sick and tired,,, and fat! Any tips of how to keep the health/fitness momentum from from being stopped is always much appreciated. It's crazy that I'd gone back to an un-healthy lifestyle when I know full well how great and euphoric I feel esp. after a good workout and my eating is mostly natural food. Gets me mad at myself,,, oh well.

Speaking of which, I'll go do another workout now.

Cheers,

Robyn.
Hi Robyn

looking forward to seeing your photos, I assume that you will be entering the 6 week contest and as usual will knock us all for six!!

I understand the maitenance thing I find it the hardest after having regained some weight after contest number 9. And I also get mad at myself!!

Good luck

Cheers KT
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Hi Robyn

looking forward to seeing your photos, I assume that you will be entering the 6 week contest and as usual will knock us all for six!!

I understand the maitenance thing I find it the hardest after having regained some weight after contest number 9. And I also get mad at myself!!

Good luck

Cheers KT
Thanks for your encouragement Katie. Glad that you are doing well with your goals too. Yes, the maintainence is challenging. It just does not make sense to make the effort to get fit and healthy with good habits, only to fall back into the self-sabotaging habits again. What's the point, esp. when the workouts are fun, easy,short, and rewarding, and healthy food really can be great tasting too? Duh!!!! (That'd be right,,, a creamy chocolate add just came on tv,,, lol.) I absolutely have to make this the last time I go anywhere near over a healthy weight. It really worries Mom, as well as being a strain and actually damaging my body. Anyhows, I look forward to our consistant successes.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 PM

Well, half way there Just gotta take the pics, write the essay, and post them,,, yippeee!

Woke up at about 4am,,, thought I had heard something during the night. Walked to the kitchen/living area and smelt something not quite right. My new kid canine had thrown up, 4 x's. Poor baby. Was just lying on the futon, not even wagging his tail. Seems ok this morning, but still, not quite the same so I may take the afternoon off work just in case. Could just be over-eating, which would be my fault since both him and Cleo seemed satisfied after a turkey neck each last night, but I went ahead and then gave each of them a medium-sized bone with a bit of meat on it as well. Plus they'd already had some (not much) dry dog food and frozen pumpkin. But then again, Cleo wasn't sick,,, but then again, she's about 10lbs heavier, lol.

Anyhows, better get these pics and essay done and posted.

Catch up on the flip-side

Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 PM

Sent pics and essay in via e-mail as I wasn't quite confident that I'd be able to post them all on here successfully. But just had a go at doing that too and it worked,,,, yehhhhh!

Anyhows, ended up going to work yesterday since Duke (the newest canine addition to my family) seems to be just fine again,,, I could tell by the way his appetite picked up in a hurry, lol As you can tell by the pic, him and Cleo are so in love

Might not get to do a full workout today since I'll prob. be working a 12 hr shift. Will do some bodyweight exercizes at the park though.

Trust you are all doing well and continuing on with the TT way of life.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

BTW, I'm really going to try to post more on here. I'd love to promise that I will, but with working 12 hr days, the renos, and 2 high maintainence dogs, and the workouts,,, well,,, I'll give it my best. Thinking of you all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 406-1.JPG (49.9 KB, 5 views)

Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Smile

Hi Robyn

Just seen your 6 week entry, well done.

Your results are unreal in such a short time.

What eating plan do you follow?

I know this is not the first time you have done a contest and each time you do really well, amazingly well, you always lose around the 20lb mark in just 6 weeks, that's unbelievable for a woman, so am keen to know how you do it!!

Have you used the same eating plan each time?

Is it something you stick to when you finish the contest?

Let us all in on your secret weapon!

cheers Katie
Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Surprize, surprize , I don't have an early start (at this stage), so it's only an 8hr shift which means I get to do a workout, plus less pain,,, yeah! (I cut my finger decently last night when cutting up broccoli for the dogs,,,, duh!). Doing the abs more at the moment as I reckon there nothing (well, almost nothing) better than a good set of abs. Not only do they look great, but the core strength really helps avoid back injury at work.

Had a slight feast when I came home from work last night,,, icecream and choc topping. Didn't have that much, but only because there wasn't much left in the container,,, just as well,,, lol.

Really loving the unpackaged food now though,,, just has a fulfilling taste and, hmmm, don't know how to describe it except to say it's more satisfying.

Speaking of which, I'll go have some eggs and dates for breakky.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 PM

I just saw your entry and wanted to congratulate you on the changes. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

Well done, Robyn!

By the way, I just discovered Skinny Cow ice cream in the supermarket - very nice and pretty low calories as well!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 07-13-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Hi Robyn

Just seen your 6 week entry, well done.

Your results are unreal in such a short time.

What eating plan do you follow?

I know this is not the first time you have done a contest and each time you do really well, amazingly well, you always lose around the 20lb mark in just 6 weeks, that's unbelievable for a woman, so am keen to know how you do it!!

Have you used the same eating plan each time?

Is it something you stick to when you finish the contest?

Let us all in on your secret weapon!

cheers Katie
Hey there Katie,

Well, I must say that I can be real strict with myself when I want, esp. when I have a goal. It's not always a good thing as it usually combines somewhere along the way with a rebellion. In other words, I can quite easily swing from one extreme to another in an unbalanced way. And that's referring to many facets within my life. My aim is to learn to be on much more of an even keel, and that will need a change in my mindset somehow. I'm really hoping that TT will help with that. I do positively know that because of TT and the contests, it's revealed this issue to me more, so it's in plainer view for me to now address and work on. Because of the contests too, my Mom is seriously worried about the yo-yo dieting. As she, and I guess that most of us too, know that it is really unhealthy,,, not to mention a pain in the butt when you can't fit into your nice clothes and the many health issues start to raise their ugly heads again. So out of respect for my Mom, and the Creator of my body, I will NOT be putting my body through this again. One of the easiest ways to do that is to of course stick with the TT lifestyle. Part of that is elimination of junk/unhealthy foods. This partly answers your question, as the elimination is a major part of the equation (sp?) for me. That also includes NOT bringing junk food into the house,,, definately a no-no 'cause you never know when you are going to have a weak moment, or are hungry but don't have the time to prepare a healthy meal. Unless of course you have already pre-cut up some carrots, celery, or the like, or have some bananas or mandarines etc. in plain view,,, INFRONT of the cholocates,,, lol. Still, it's a temptation you can do without. Not walking down certain ailes at the supermarket really helps too

For me, elimination also means cutting out salt, sugar, dairy, fatty meats, and wheat, (bread, cake, crackers, pizza etc - that's why I can't do pizza on cheat days and expect it to be 'written-off' by following with a fast day). All the above are simply worthless to my body and go against all weight loss efforts in one way or another. If I cut those out, immediately the weight melts off and my body feels so much relieved and revived now that it's not putting in all that extra strenuous effort to try to break down worthless, gluggy, and nutrient-deficient foods. Combine that with the TT workouts, and with not eating when I get home from work except maybe an apple or raw veges (somehow works with me to stop the cravings. I tried the raw nuts and seeds, but they are too satiable (sp?) for me,,, mmmm, yummy! I don't get home until after midnight by the way). And there you have it,,, a winning formula. Simple,,, not complicated at all. I won't write 'secret' or 'sneeky' formula because that kinda terminology (sp?) really buggs me. It's as if the person writing it has made some wonderful new discovery, when really it's been around for 1000's of years.

Well, I hope that helps somehow and gives you some inspiration/encouragement. It's not really hard in principle, just back to basics. Well, that's my opinion anyway.