TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 PM

Smile Renovating Robyn

Hey there ya'll. Well,,,, as the title suggests, it's time to renovate myself, not just my house,,, lol.

I had started this contest with a chaotic schedule. During the past few weeks the plumber, tiler, electrician, painter, and builder, and even a trainer for my canine have been here, plus my tennant moved out a couple of days ago to be closer to his work, plus looking for 2nd hand furniture, lights, blinds, and building materials and accessories (towel rails etc), and doing o/t at work. And about a week ago my car started running on just 2 cylinders, so I've had to look around and get another as cheap as possible and yet reliable, (Now the budget is completely blown,,, ouch). Consequently I haven't exactly been focusing on keeping my workouts or eating in check. Only about half a dozen workouts and eating has been on and off with sometimes less than 10 mins to get ready for work. I know I could be using workouts as a way to de-stress instead of watching a movie,,, so, why don't I??? Mind you, I have started to walk my adorable canine Cleo to the dog park instead of driving her there. Both her and I need to lose weight. Her, about 10 + lbs. Me,,,, not saying!!! (don't know the symbols for the tongue out or I'd use it,,, lol)

Anyhows, I only have the electrician, painter/s, builder, and gap sealer to return, get some more furniture etc., and to move into the back room and do some plastering, painting, and decorating myself. Then, it's Party Time to show and tell with 'Before' and 'After' photos!

So, I'm re-starting the contest with the view to renovate myself.

Plumbing - no need to explain
Tiling - lots of planning to ensure that things are squared up and fit neatly into place to give a solid foundation - (workout schedule and food planning)
Electrician - get wired up correctly with positive thinking to bring back the spark
Painter - get back some healthy pride in my appearance, maybe even a little work on my tan
Builder - eat the good, healthy food and do TT workouts with as much precision/good form as possible in order to build muscle and strength
Trainer - TT forum - ask questions about the un-known, take good advice, be accountable, be encouraged and do the same for others where possible
Tennant moving out - fat moving out
Furniture and accessories - clothes to fit with accessories to compliment
'Before and After' pics - showing the difference to show others that with planning, patience, persistance, consistancy, diligence, determination, sacrifice, and hard work, (in other words,,, blood, sweat, and tears) big changes are most certainly possible the Turbulence Training way.

So, here we go!

All the very best of training and happiness to us all on this journey and healthy way of life,

Robyn (soon to become Sparkie again)

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 PM

Hi Robyn,
That looks like a solid plan, who is your architect?

Good for you, you have done this before and I look forward to seeing your results.....
Cheers
Ma
Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 PM

Nice one, Robyn! How did you go with the cheat meal ideas?

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Hi Robyn,
That looks like a solid plan, who is your architect?

Good for you, you have done this before and I look forward to seeing your results.....
Cheers
Ma
Hey there Sweetie and thanks for your encouragement, yet again

God will have to be my architect since I just can't do it without Him Have realized that the more I include Him, (even listening to cool Christian music for my workouts), the much better results are accomplished with more discipline and ironically enough, it's heaps easier and more fun to get into the workouts,,, go figure.

Cheers to you mate,

Robyn.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 AM

Hey, Robyn! I really like your new slant on the the contest! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Bob Villa approach works for you!

Stay strong!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLaramie View Post
Hey, Robyn! I really like your new slant on the the contest! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Bob Villa approach works for you!

Stay strong!
Thanks Keith,,, sorry for the long delay in the reply,,, haven't been on here, which is what I really need to focus more on

Old 06-24-2011, 09:10 PM

Hey there folks.

Diet has been fairly good for the most part, but proper workouts have been too few. Making sure that I get walks in with Cleo my canine to train her up better as I had to prepare her for a playmate. Even started to use the high intensity style when walking/jogging to the doggie park with her, and doing some bodyweight exercizes whilst she is playing. Picked up her playmate yesterday after the meet-and-greet last weekend, which was love at first sight, or was it love at first sniff?, lol. (Pic on here), and full album on facebook. Was trying to put the video taken with my digital camera of them playing on facebook too, but it would have taken a few hours to load. Anyone know a better way to do that as I also would like to post videos of my workout/training progressions?

Anyhows, still very hectic with renos with the house. Builder was to come over again today but there must have been a mix up so he can't make it. Painters have been and done some,,, still about 3/4 of the house to patch and paint (used a filler that was harder than it needed to be so taking alot more time to sand back. will use cornice cement instead from now on) Mom is coming over today to give me a hand with some things. Must admit that the workouts and change in 'diet' has very much been helping me to keep calm, better focused, and more energetic both at work and with the renos.

Gotta fly,

Catch up on the flip-side. Oh, and big congrats to those who have already entered in the 6 week mini-contest. Great results coming from great efforts,,, well done.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:15 PM

Pic of Cleo and Duke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 391-1.JPG (64.1 KB, 20 views)

Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Hey there all. Trust you are doing well. Just thought I should touch base quickly. Has been a hectic time with renos continuing, 12 hour work days recently, (6 or 7 days a weeks at times), and re-adjusting to a few things in life,,, mainly the addition of 'Duke' (affectionately 'Dukie'), my boisterous boy Siberian Husky. Love him dearly but he is truly a handful. Was told by previous owner that he was great with other dogs at the dog park, but he has already been in a couple of fights, so I'm thinking that he may be protective of Cleo. Will ask a friend to help me with that. Plus with him being super strong and mischievious, he's really is a handful,,, although I am proud of him that he's responding somewhat to training so far Plus he still adores Cleo. Not able to walk him to the park successfuilly at this stage, which means that I'm missing out on that excersize. However, when we are all down there during the day and there's pretty much no-one else there, I can do some of the TT beginner warm-up, such as prisoner squats (or other squats for that matter) , elevated push-ups using the bench in the park (don't want to put my hands on the grass there,,, lol), and step-ups on the bench.

Diet's been fairly good. Just a 'cheat' day occasionally, which I usually follow by a bit of a fast.

Anyhows, has been a huge week and mom is coming over this morning to lend a hand with the house, so I'd better rest up and will try to post a couple more times before the end of the 6 week contest,,, a great help for motivation/goal re-evaluation.

Catch up soon,

Robyn ( )

Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Smile

Hi Robyn

good to see you are still with us and the contest, sounds like things are going well with the diet and traing. Lots going on in your house too !

Am sure you are going to come out at the end of the 12 weeks with a fantastic transformation as always

Keep up the great work

Cheers Katie