TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 05:44 AM

Back to work...
TT2K3 Workout A
1a Chin Ups (3x8)
1b DB Chest Press (3x8x45)
2a DB Elbow Out Row (3x8x40)
2b DB Low Incline Press (3x8x40)
3a Decline Push Ups (3x15)
3b DB Incline Curl (3x8x20)
3 minute arms 4x6x15

Even though it's Saturday, had to get up early. My wife is away and I wanted to be sure to get my workout in before the baby woke up. A solid lifting day, though stayed at the same weights. I did decrease the band assistance some for the chin ups. Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by gForce : 05-21-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Sounds like you're doing really well Peter, keep it up!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttramone
Sounds like you're doing really well Peter, keep it up!
Thanks Tanya. I liked your intro post and I certainly have made some of the same mistakes myself. I really have been happy with the TT workouts and honestly am surprised at the results already despite less actual time working out than I had been earlier in the year with P90X. I think a lot of it is more attention to nutrition.

One thing about my numbers is that it implies the loss of some lean body mass as well. I hope that is just an anomaly but will keep an eye on that. I want to at least maintain, if not actually increase, lean muscle mass (like everyone else, I guess).

Last edited by gForce : 05-21-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 AM

TT2K3 Workout B
1a DB Forward Lunge (3x8x40)
1b Side Plank (3x30s)
2a DB RDL (3x8x45)
2b SB Jackknife (3x15)
3a DB Step Ups (3x8x45)
3b SB Leg Curl (3x15)
Then treadmill intervals 6x60s

Actually felt like the weights were tougher today, though not sure why. I should be pretty well rested since it has been 4 days since my last lower body workout. I did get all my sets and reps in. Maybe just one of those days. Diet has been good - did do takeout last night from Texas Roadhouse and got a steak. Big calorie meal but for the day I was still around 1800.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gForce View Post
Thanks Tanya. I liked your intro post and I certainly have made some of the same mistakes myself. I really have been happy with the TT workouts and honestly am surprised at the results already despite less actual time working out than I had been earlier in the year with P90X. I think a lot of it is more attention to nutrition.

One thing about my numbers is that it implies the loss of some lean body mass as well. I hope that is just an anomaly but will keep an eye on that. I want to at least maintain, if not actually increase, lean muscle mass (like everyone else, I guess).
Hey Peter - yeah its hard to convince yourself that less is more when it comes to training. We've been brainwashed to believe otherwise, but the proof is in your results isn't it.

As for the (possible) LBM loss, I hope it is just a one-off. I think it could be hard not to lose some LBM, but with the correct nutrition and the awesome training that you are doing, I bet you will be great.

Keep it up!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
TT2K3 Workout B
1a DB Forward Lunge (3x8x40)
1b Side Plank (3x30s)
2a DB RDL (3x8x45)
2b SB Jackknife (3x15)
3a DB Step Ups (3x8x45)
3b SB Leg Curl (3x15)
Then treadmill intervals 6x60s

Actually felt like the weights were tougher today, though not sure why. I should be pretty well rested since it has been 4 days since my last lower body workout. I did get all my sets and reps in. Maybe just one of those days. Diet has been good - did do takeout last night from Texas Roadhouse and got a steak. Big calorie meal but for the day I was still around 1800.
I have those days too, where I just don't feel 100%. I don't think there is an explanation for it, or it is a problem. But don't you wish you could just smash it up every, single workout? I do....
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 AM

Rest day from lifting today, so did 40 minutes of walking on the treadmill, covering 2.6 miles. My body really feels the weekend workouts, so I was glad to have a light day. Man, these workouts are harder than they seem. Finished with some static stretches especially hitting the lower body.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Rest day from lifting today, so did 40 minutes of walking on the treadmill, covering 2.6 miles. My body really feels the weekend workouts, so I was glad to have a light day. Man, these workouts are harder than they seem. Finished with some static stretches especially hitting the lower body.
Your not wrong about the workouts being harder than they seem... some stretches between workout days is gold.. I'm just learning this...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM

Peter, what are your weight/height stats? I'm just curious because you're calling 1800 cals a big day.

Hope all is well!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM

I'm 45 years old, 5'8" and weigh 158 lbs. My BF by my scale started around 15%, though I suspect the real number is a little higher.

I wasn't calling 1800 a big day, though. I was calling that dinner a big meal since it was the majority of my calories that day -- nearly 1000 -- but I was good the rest of the day which made up for it.

Myfitnesspal.com estimates my break even needs to be around 1900, so that's what I am shooting for. I am aiming for fat loss, not necessarily weight loss, though I have lost a few pounds so far. My goal is 12% BF. Of course any lean muscle I can gain along the way would be good.

You think I am aff the mark?