TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 09:48 AM

Default gForce's Transformation Journal

TC11 Start Stats

Age 45
Height 5'8"
Weight 161.4
BF 15.2%
BMI 24.5
Neck 14.5
Chest 39
Bicep R 13.5 L 13.5
Abdomen 35
Thigh R 21 L 21
Calf R 14.5 L 14.5

After a relatively long period of relative inactivity, I began exercising regularly again at the beginning of this year. I was happy with my initial results in terms of feeling fitter, strength, and overall improvement in muscular tone. However, I was spending way too much time with my workouts and not paying enough attention to the nutritional side of the equation. I found TT by accident, and it seemed to be a very good fit for my goals and my life.

Now in the spirit of accountability, I've decided to join the Transformation Contest. My goals are not necessarily overall weight loss, but fat loss - I hope to get to 12% BF. I also hope to continue the gains I have made in strength and muscular toning/mass. I have a couple of weeks of the Original TT4FL workouts under my belt and feel like I have a decent handle on the TT approach. My plan is to go to TT2K3 first and then TT2K4. Haven't decided about the last 4 weeks yet.

My finish date will be August 5 - the day before we leave for our family vacation to the Caymans. That is my goal and reward. Let the games begin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020719.JPG (73.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P1020722.JPG (72.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P1020731.JPG (72.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg P1020741.JPG (70.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1020746.JPG (71.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM

Welcome to TC11! That's a great reward you've got there. I'm doing tt2k4 myself. It's a good one. Upper body is a little sore today.

All the best
Kam

" Life's easy when you live it the hard way and hard when you live it the easy way"
Old 05-14-2011, 08:26 AM

TT2K3 Workout A
1a Chin Ups (3x8)
1b DB Chest Press (3x8x40)
2a DB Elbow Out Row (3x8x35)
2b DB Low Incline Press (3x8x35)
3a Decline Push Ups (3x15)
3b DB Incline Curl (3x8x20)

Treadmill Interval 6x60

It has begun, my first day of TC11. I've never been involved in a fitness challenge or contest before so I'm looking forward to this and a little nervous at the same time. I've been able to avoid fast food which was a big negative in my nutrition for breakfast and lunch several times a week. I have been having oatmeal or eggs in the morning and salads for lunch, so that is a big change for me. I've been counting calories for the first time ever and have been hitting 1900-2000 over the last several days. The workout itself was good, though I didn't get much sleep last night between our baby waking up at 3am and having to work on call. It affected my last superset as I felt fatigued rather than spent (if that makes sense).*

83 more days for me, good luck to everyone however far along you are!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gForce View Post
TT2K3 Workout A
1a Chin Ups (3x8)
1b DB Chest Press (3x8x40)
2a DB Elbow Out Row (3x8x35)
2b DB Low Incline Press (3x8x35)

Treadmill Interval 6x60

It has begun, my first day of TC11. I've never been involved in a fitness challenge or contest before so I'm looking forward to this and a little nervous at the same time. I've been able to avoid fast food which was a big negative in my nutrition for breakfast and lunch several times a week. I have been having oatmeal or eggs in the morning and salads for lunch, so that is a big change for me. I've been counting calories for the first time ever and have been hitting 1900-2000 over the last several days. The workout itself was good, though I didn't get much sleep last night between our baby waking up at 3am and having to work on call. It affected my last superset as I felt fatigued rather than spent (if that makes sense).*

83 more days for me, good luck to everyone however far along you are!
Hi, Peter, good luck with your transformation!! Looks like we're both doing 2k3! Great workout!!
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-15-2011, 09:14 AM

Thank Ion, kind of neat to be doing the same workout. Hope yours goes great!

Today was TT2K3 Workout B
1a DB Forward Lunge (3x8x40)
1b Side Plank (3x30s)
2a DB RDL (3x8x45)
2b SB Jackknife (3x15)
3a DB Step Ups (3x8x45)
3b SB Leg Curl (3x15)

Then did a TurboFire HIIT video with my wife for intervals.

I've not done a lot of stability ball exercises in the past, so those are the most challenging for me. Keeping it stable and still going slowly is hard for me. Yesterday wasn't the greatest nutrition day - went out to lunch with my wife and mother in law and it was mostly pub fare. Still kept the days calories at 2000, but they weren't the cleanest calories in the world.

Last edited by gForce : 05-15-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Typos, again
Old 05-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gForce
Thank Ion, kind of neat to be doing the same workout. Hope yours goes great!

Today was TT2K3 Workout B
1a DB Forward Lunge (3x8x40)
1b Side Plank (3x30s)
2a DB RDL (3x8x45)
2b SB Jackknife (3x15)
3a DB Step Ups (3x8x45)
3b SB Leg Curl (3x15)

Then did a TurboFire HIIT video with my wife for intervals.

I've not done a lot of stability ball exercises in the past, so those are the most challenging for me. Keeping it stable and still going slowly is hard for me. Yesterday wasn't the greatest nutrition day - went out to lunch with my wife and mother in law and it was mostly pub fare. Still kept the days calories at 2000, but they weren't the cleanest calories in the world.
Good workout man. Are those weights in Kg or lbs? And are they per db? I think we're in the same ball park as when I was hitting TT2K3. I found the step ups a killer.

" Life's easy when you live it the hard way and hard when you live it the easy way"
Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamsisodia View Post
Good workout man. Are those weights in Kg or lbs? And are they per db? I think we're in the same ball park as when I was hitting TT2K3. I found the step ups a killer.
Thanks kam. If only they were kilos, but sadly just pounds - but they are per dumbbell. This time last year they could have been ounces!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 AM

That's progress indeed. Yes when I was on TT2K3, which is now 6 weeks ago I was on similar weights. I only managed 20kg per side on the step up then though. I'm gonna try to keep posting my workouts. Helps to reflect a bit.

All the best, you're clearly on the right path.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:57 AM

Thanks again, kam. I agree posting here helps to keep me on track.

Today was a rest day, so about 40 minutes of walking on the treadmill roughly between 4.0-4.4mph with 5 minutes of warmup and cool down. Then some light stretching. Reloading for tomorrow!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 AM

TT2K3 Workout A
1a Chin Ups (3x8)
1b DB Chest Press (3x8x45)
2a DB Elbow Out Row (3x8x40)
2b DB Low Incline Press (3x8x40)
Then did 3 minute arms 5x5 with 15lb DB.

This was my second time through this workout so I made an attempt to up the intensity. Lessened the assistance with my pull up revolution band, and upped the weights while still being able to maintain my reps. I have adjustable DBs that go up to 52.5 that I just purchased this year - I never thought I'd be flirting with topping them out so soon. My wallet is going to be sorer than my quads soon!