TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
Hi Kerry,

Good to see you back!

Do you have any hills nearby? Hill running is less impactive than sprinting on the flat but burns probably more calories. Just a thought given your knee issues.
Hey Chris:

Definitely not ready to run yet - hopefully by June. Unfortunately it's pretty flat where I live; I'd love to give the hills a shot. Thanks for looking in, and hope you're doing well!

Kerry
Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Good work on the nutrition front! Looks like you are on the right track.
Hello Gillian:

Yes, the nutrition is the toughest part for me. Five days in and so far, doing pretty well with it. Seems to be all in the mindset. Hoping I can keep it going like this - if so, I will get the result I am looking for.

Kerry
Old 05-13-2011, 08:14 PM

So I am five days into TT 11 and all is going well. Definitely feel like I've dropped a couple of pounds - portion control has been good. Not going to weigh myself for two weeks though - if I can keep this up I should see some decent early results. The workouts are going fairly well too; next week will look to go up in weight in most exercises.

Weekends are always tough, with our family usually eating in restaurants, etc. Will need to be disciplined.

Did workouts B&C from Big 5 Circuit on Wednesday and today. Used the barbell workout today.

Have a great weekend all!

Kerry
Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 PM

Nutrition and workouts looking good Kerry...knee seems to be holding up just fine. I understand the recovery is pretty fast, especially as you have always stayed in great shape....
Will you do the 6week mini contest?
Talk later

Cheers
Ma
Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Nutrition and workouts looking good Kerry...knee seems to be holding up just fine. I understand the recovery is pretty fast, especially as you have always stayed in great shape....
Will you do the 6week mini contest?
Talk later

Cheers
Ma
Hello Ma:

Not sure about the six week mini contest; will need to look at the rules. But so far, had a pretty good first week overall. Nutrition was spot on (for me); workouts were ok - will start to pick up the pace on them going forward.

Hope you're husband is doing better and thanks for checking in...

Talk soon,

Kerry
Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 PM

So the first week is finished for me - going pretty well. The first few days were really strong on portion sizes - but overall my nutrition was good. If I can keep to this type of nutrition the results will fall into place.

Took a day off from exercise today - slept in and then was going to ride a bike around for 30 minutes, but decided not to go out in the rain.

Sunday, May 15, 2011
Day 7 of 84
Exercise:
Planned day off

Nutrition:
9:15 am; 3 egg omelette with cheddar, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, 2 strawberries
11:30 am; 2 carrots with hummus
1:00 pm; greek salad with grilled shrimp
3:30 pm; protein mixed with water
6:00 pm; 4 oz. tilapia with red sauce, broccoli, peppers, small portion pasta
8:00 pm; berries

Back to Workout A of the Big 5 tomorrow - early.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 AM

After two weeks of the contest, I weighed in today at 188.6, which is a four pound loss from my starting weight. I am satisfied with that. I've been staying ahead of the sugar demon so far.

Now that I am two weeks into the transformation contest; time to review my goals:

1. Reduce to 9% body fat to see visible abs working on it

2. Drink 32 oz. water and green tea per day in between meals to stay hydrated not quite that much

3. Eliminate all desserts and processed sugar so far, so good; been able to avoid processed foods and sugar

4. Intervals w bike first month, sprint second and third month - check

5. Post to journal every day; weight every two weeks; photos and measurements monthly have not been able to post as frequently as I would like

6. Get support and give support - check

Today's workout:

Monday, May 23, 2011
Day 15 of 84

Exercise: Workout A of Big 5 Circuit
Warm up Program Warmups

Specific Warm-up Circuit
A) DB Squat 6 reps @ 40
B) Decline Pushup 5 reps
C) Inverted Row 5 reps

Big 5 Circuit A
A) DB Squat 12, 10, 8 reps (2-0-1) ; 45s
B) Decline Pushup 12, 10, 8 reps (5-0-1) - made sure to time the eccentric
C) Inverted Row 12, 10, 8 reps (2-0-1)
D) DB Reverse Lunge 12, 10, 8 reps (2-0-1) 30s
E) Stability Ball Jackknife 12, 10, 8 reps (2-3-1) *** 3 seconds in the extended position

Intervals: Bike: 4 min warmup level 5
6 intervals of 45 sec. level 15/16/17/17/16/15 with 90 sec recovery
2 min cool down level 5

Work hard, eat clean

Kerry
Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
After two weeks of the contest, I weighed in today at 188.6, which is a four pound loss from my starting weight. I am satisfied with that. I've been staying ahead of the sugar demon so far.

Now that I am two weeks into the transformation contest; time to review my goals:

1. Reduce to 9% body fat to see visible abs working on it

2. Drink 32 oz. water and green tea per day in between meals to stay hydrated not quite that much

3. Eliminate all desserts and processed sugar so far, so good; been able to avoid processed foods and sugar

4. Intervals w bike first month, sprint second and third month - check

5. Post to journal every day; weight every two weeks; photos and measurements monthly have not been able to post as frequently as I would like

6. Get support and give support - check

Today's workout:

Monday, May 23, 2011
Day 15 of 84

Exercise: Workout A of Big 5 Circuit
Warm up Program Warmups

Specific Warm-up Circuit
A) DB Squat 6 reps @ 40
B) Decline Pushup 5 reps
C) Inverted Row 5 reps

Big 5 Circuit A
A) DB Squat 12, 10, 8 reps (2-0-1) ; 45s
B) Decline Pushup 12, 10, 8 reps (5-0-1) - made sure to time the eccentric
C) Inverted Row 12, 10, 8 reps (2-0-1)
D) DB Reverse Lunge 12, 10, 8 reps (2-0-1) 30s
E) Stability Ball Jackknife 12, 10, 8 reps (2-3-1) *** 3 seconds in the extended position

Intervals: Bike: 4 min warmup level 5
6 intervals of 45 sec. level 15/16/17/17/16/15 with 90 sec recovery
2 min cool down level 5

Work hard, eat clean

Kerry
Hi Kerry..
Looks like you are nailing your goals..great!! Do you ever get cramps from doing SB Jackknives.. I do alot... so I'm curious. The water consumption is on my list of do better also.. best wishes with knee recovery!! Deb.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM

Hey Kerry, just dropping by - great stuff on your progress so far! Your diet sounds solid too. How are you finding a sugar-less life? I'm going to go cold turkey bar a weekly cheat. I'm a little scared... I have a major sugar addiction!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:35 PM

I was thinking I should have gotten into this one........especially after yesterday........My grandaughter was rubbing sun block on my back and asked why i was "floppy" at my belly. I think that is the " I used to be fat and this is the last little bit that wont leave when you're over 50" in which she was referring to.!!!! LOL.....mouths of babes!