TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest and suggestions.

Although I'm not good in the mornings anyway, a large part of it is due to shift work. I never get the chance to reset my bodyclock and get better at getting up in the morning because I'm always just a few days away from a night shift!
It is just that early start. On my days off, I get up at 0630hrs to help with school preparation and I'm fine through the day - it's just getting up at 0530hrs makes me feel ill! I am now planning days off on my day shifts!

It would be lovely to have a lunch break to be able to go and exercise - I'm lucky to be able to get some food to eat at the desk. Quite regularly, I end up going through a 10 hour shift without having eaten as there has been insufficient time to do so!

Matty, I would totally agree that nutrition is largely responsible for any progress made and I think few would disagree with you. I have been using bodyweight/TRX exercises and kettlebells so that I am able to train at home - I just need to get my arse into gear and do it more often!!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 AM

Hi Chris,
I like working out at home just to save the extra hour or so spent in travel. For me I'd be almost finished my workout by the time I arrived at the gym. I saw you are doing TRX exercises. I'm about to start Metabolic Resistance which has heaps of TRX exercises. I don't have a TRX but I am going to make one myself. Sounds like you are doing very well despite the obstacles... Deb.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Hi Catherine,
I couldn't believe how much your post resonated with me. How many of us make conditional agreements with ourselves that sabotage all that we could be?
I'll apply for that course ONCE I can give up watching TV
I'll volunteer to help at Sunday school ONCE I read my Bible for an hour every day
I think back to TT1 and the realisation that the main reason I had stopped being involved in running was because I felt fat and unfit and thought that no-one would want to accept advice from someone like me. It did not matter that I was well qualified and very well read about the subject, I felt inadequate to give that advice due to my lack of physical conditioning
I'll only coach runners ONCE I'm fit enough to run faster than them!!
I deeply believe that western society fails to experience joy - the belief that science is god and everything can be explained deprives us of the wonder of watching a flame red sun dipping into the sea at the end of the day and a thousand other joys we could experience every day!
So PLEASE - share the joy that comes from moving our bodies, striving to become fitter not because of some pressure to conform to society's stereotypes but because it makes us feel better, the simple pleasure of achieving that first pull up or just being able to play football in the yard with the kids.
Chris you are so very right. Many of us strive for the next gadget or piece of clothing that will make us happy, when the sun setting is so much more beautiful and important. I finally achieved my first chin up in TC9 and I was floating for days! We have purpose right now, not when we get to the right weight or make enough money or have a nicer phone. Thanks to you and Catherine for your words. Concetta
Old 06-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest and suggestions.

Although I'm not good in the mornings anyway, a large part of it is due to shift work. I never get the chance to reset my bodyclock and get better at getting up in the morning because I'm always just a few days away from a night shift!
It is just that early start. On my days off, I get up at 0630hrs to help with school preparation and I'm fine through the day - it's just getting up at 0530hrs makes me feel ill! I am now planning days off on my day shifts!

It would be lovely to have a lunch break to be able to go and exercise - I'm lucky to be able to get some food to eat at the desk. Quite regularly, I end up going through a 10 hour shift without having eaten as there has been insufficient time to do so!

Matty, I would totally agree that nutrition is largely responsible for any progress made and I think few would disagree with you. I have been using bodyweight/TRX exercises and kettlebells so that I am able to train at home - I just need to get my arse into gear and do it more often!!
Chris,

I hear you... When I first started changing my lifestyle I had to hide little "clean" Snacks(Raw Almonds & carrots were good for me) all over my office and in my tech bag(goes everywhere with me). That way I always had an opportunity to get some food in throughout the day. My days were off and on. Some days were so stocked full that I didn't even have time to think much less sit down to eat(like yours) and the others all I would have is a few meetings. I guess we all just have to try extra hard to conform our schedules to get in our workouts and nutrition.

I wish you a few extra hours in the day to get your workouts in and keep up the great work on your nutrition.

MattyG
Old 06-06-2011, 07:16 AM

4 weeks down - 8 to go!!

Progress report

I'm moving into month 1 of the Bodyweight manual. Although I've only managed about two thirds of the prescribed workouts, I'm happy that I'm fit enough to handle Phase 1.

I'm still KB swinging - 125 reps in a session now - hoping to work my way up to 250 by week 12. I have also run a couple of times too.

Diet is still on track and I'm still losing weight steadily but not spectacularly so that's good!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
4 weeks down - 8 to go!!

Progress report

I'm moving into month 1 of the Bodyweight manual. Although I've only managed about two thirds of the prescribed workouts, I'm happy that I'm fit enough to handle Phase 1.

I'm still KB swinging - 125 reps in a session now - hoping to work my way up to 250 by week 12. I have also run a couple of times too.

Diet is still on track and I'm still losing weight steadily but not spectacularly so that's good!
It all sounds good, Chris. Keep it up!!

Kerry
Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Keep it going Chris! Good to see steady progress....
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
4 weeks down - 8 to go!!

Progress report

Hi Chris

great work and progress, def heading in the right direction!

125 kb swings is going some!

Well they say slow and steady wins the race with the weight, I am in the slow, steady, stop for a while and start again race! (oh and I fall over every now and again too, see my thread for that story

Am sure it will make you smile!

keep up the graet work

Cheers Katie
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM

A bit of a setback to report......

Weight loss seems to have stalled. Over the last week I've been battling with some sort of virus I think. I have a persistent, low level, sore throat and over the weekend I had a really painful kidney. I'm hoping that the lack of weight coming off is tied into this.

Felt better this morning (about 85%) so I went for a run and finished with some KB swings. Hoping to get back into full training tomorrow.

The next question is whether to enter the 6 week contest or not???
Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
A bit of a setback to report......

Weight loss seems to have stalled. Over the last week I've been battling with some sort of virus I think. I have a persistent, low level, sore throat and over the weekend I had a really painful kidney. I'm hoping that the lack of weight coming off is tied into this.

Felt better this morning (about 85%) so I went for a run and finished with some KB swings. Hoping to get back into full training tomorrow.

The next question is whether to enter the 6 week contest or not???
Hey, Chris. I was checking out your thread - sorry I haven't read it up until this point! - and it sounds like you've been going pretty consistently. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

What are you doing nutritionally? It's not totally crazy to think that your health issues and stalled fat loss could be caused by something you're doing with your diet. I was just curious.

I would definitely say the that the plateau is being caused by something in your diet. Maybe it's something you don't realize you're doing.

I hope you feel better soon! Try to be conservative with the cardio until you're 100%. All the very best.

Be strong. Be well.

(is billy_quiz a Venture Bros. reference? Just wondering...)