TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Hi Chris,
Just checking out your journal and wanted to say hi. I bet you feel good now that you got the ball rolling. Keep going that direction and you will have some new good habits under your belt.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:24 AM

Smile me too

Hi Chris

nice to see you back for another TT contest. I have let my nutrition slip a bit since contest #9 and managed to put on about half the weight I lost, so you thread really rung true with me.

No matter what, I am always going to have a battle with my eating! On the positive side I have kept up my TT workouts and and am recovered from my wrist injury so can do press ups again.

Still finding it hard to get back into the good nutrition, but am making a vow to come on here at least 3 times a week and get the positive vibes from everyone.

good luck and I will keep popping by

Cheers for now Katie
Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 AM

The last 5 days I have been working a day shift. This means I'm getting up at 0530hrs.

I read details of people getting up early and carrying out their workout first thing in the morning with tremenduous jealousy. It may be just me but I really struggle with getting up in the morning. It's not been that I've been burning the candle at both ends either. I've been in bed by 2200hrs every night (even though I struggle to get to sleep at that time!) When I get up at 0530hrs I feel like I'm hung over - fuzzy headed and I can't concentrate very well. this last until late morning.

Consequently, when I arrive back home at about 1800hrs, I'm totally worn out and really don't feel like training (or anything else other than eating and chilling). I'm not sure how much of this is habit but I really struggle with it. Consequently, I've not been training for the last 5 days. However, I've been pretty good with my nutrition over that time so I'm still progressing.

Back to normality tomorrow - day off!! Hurrah!!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
The last 5 days I have been working a day shift. This means I'm getting up at 0530hrs.

I read details of people getting up early and carrying out their workout first thing in the morning with tremenduous jealousy. It may be just me but I really struggle with getting up in the morning. It's not been that I've been burning the candle at both ends either. I've been in bed by 2200hrs every night (even though I struggle to get to sleep at that time!) When I get up at 0530hrs I feel like I'm hung over - fuzzy headed and I can't concentrate very well. this last until late morning.

Consequently, when I arrive back home at about 1800hrs, I'm totally worn out and really don't feel like training (or anything else other than eating and chilling). I'm not sure how much of this is habit but I really struggle with it. Consequently, I've not been training for the last 5 days. However, I've been pretty good with my nutrition over that time so I'm still progressing.

Hey Chris:

I am the opposite - if I don't work out first thing in the morning I find I can't get it done. However, on those days that something gets in the way, and I get to the gym later - I just decide to do the best I can and usually once I am there with a plan it works out (no pun intended). So I think it's just a matter of changing your mind and deciding that you are going to do it. Hope this helps - good luck with the early am workouts....

Kerry
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM

I'm a morning person so I don't have trouble waking early, and life gets in the way more often later in the day. However, lifting on an empty stomach is not optimal and often times I will have slept around 6 hours which is not great either. In the end I have decided morning is still best for me but since my TT workouts are shorter, I'm thinking about evening workouts again. It's a constant juggling act and I feel your pain in finding the right time and balance.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Well, there's good news and then there's bad news!

Bad news is that my workouts have been pretty hit and miss - more miss than hit to be brutally frank!! Lots of stress at work, school exams for Jenny, medical issues for Sue etc etc. It's not that I couldn't have made the time, it's more that I lacked the drive to overcome the inertia generated by everything else going on - and I KNOW that exercising would make me fell better!

Learning point 1 - just get on and do it.

Good news - nutrition has been going very well - hard but successful. I have lost a few pounds and had no slips or non compliance. I have also discovered a learning point from that but I'm waiting for my final essay to share that one!! (You'll just have to keep following if you want to know!!)

I went for a run today - not very far and not very fast but nonetheless I got out and did it. One thing that I always told runners is that the lighter you are, the more likely you are to run distances well. You see very few lardies finishing in the top 10 of a marathon!! So today I was pleasantly surprised to find out how true that advice is. The last time I ran was several weeks ago and several pouns heavier. Little has changed in the intervening period except those several pounds disappearing and today I ran more comfortably than last time I ran.

So qualified progress but still a long way to go!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Hi Chris....goodluck with the contest! I hate calling it a contest, but I know this is the best way for everybody to really push hard at it.

As far as the am workouts...those are by far the best times for me to do them. Quite frankly, I was doing afternoon workouts again for a bit...thinking if I workout in the afternoon - that would allow me that leeway to eat more carbs in the evening (post workout meal and all that). It didn't really do much....because by the time I got home from work - it was all about getting the kids homework done and getting them ready for school the next day. So whatever energy I had left after all that - my workouts suffered tremendously at an energy level standpoint. So I've been back doing am workouts for the past 2 months now and they have been doing wonders again.

It's all trial and error and doing what you think would work best for you Chris.

If you're desire is to get them done in the am, make a mental note to strive to get it done first thing. Get your alarm set and do not hit that snooze button. Get up and do it. Next thing you know, it will come naturally....

I know what you're saying about the getting tired thing in the afternoon. Take a power nap if you have to. It only takes 20-30 minutes. You'll realize how beneficial those are in the long run.

all the best,
Andy
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Well, there's good news and then there's bad news!

Bad news is that my workouts have been pretty hit and miss - more miss than hit to be brutally frank!! Lots of stress at work, school exams for Jenny, medical issues for Sue etc etc. It's not that I couldn't have made the time, it's more that I lacked the drive to overcome the inertia generated by everything else going on - and I KNOW that exercising would make me fell better!

Learning point 1 - just get on and do it.

Good news - nutrition has been going very well - hard but successful. I have lost a few pounds and had no slips or non compliance. I have also discovered a learning point from that but I'm waiting for my final essay to share that one!! (You'll just have to keep following if you want to know!!)

I went for a run today - not very far and not very fast but nonetheless I got out and did it. One thing that I always told runners is that the lighter you are, the more likely you are to run distances well. You see very few lardies finishing in the top 10 of a marathon!! So today I was pleasantly surprised to find out how true that advice is. The last time I ran was several weeks ago and several pouns heavier. Little has changed in the intervening period except those several pounds disappearing and today I ran more comfortably than last time I ran.

So qualified progress but still a long way to go!!

Chris,

Good for you on your nutrition and getting out there for a run. I know I may get beat up here for saying this, but I will say it none the less. Your Nutrition is at least 75% of the battle and your workouts or exercise is 25%. Which means if you are sticking to your nutrition and not working out, it is better than getting in the exercise and eating badly. Don't get me wrong it is optimal to do both, but you should commend yourself on getting the eating right and trying hard to get your workouts in.

For me I have found that I am more of a 85% Food and 15% workouts. That may because I feel that I must workout just to make it though my workday and I am able to do so on my lunch hour (I have a full gym in my building).

One thing that may help you out to get your workouts in depending on your job and work schedule are the "TT Body Weight" workouts. I have found some that you can do in as little as 15-20min. You can do them anywhere (in front of the TV) and in a small amount of time (lunch break). If you can at least get in three BW workouts during the week when you work, and then do the more complex workout on your days off you will feel much better about yourself and your body will show it...

Just a few changes that I have had to make and turn into habits.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you,

Matty G.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Nutrition is definitely the most important factor and you've done so well to keep it in check during a stressful and busy time. A lot of people (me included) are tempted to comfort eat when things get tough. You deserve a big pat on the back!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Smile

Quote:

Hi Chris

I understand entirely, I also don't think it helps working shift helps too I know my husband struggles as well, there never seems to be a right time or sometimes enough time for us both to get a workout in during the day. That's why I often go at 5am in the morning as it is the only I can go when we have things on after school with the boys.

But my husband hates getting up early and if he is not doing an early shift at work (6am start) then he does not want to get up. I think shift working does take a toll on your body and you have to listen to that.

I agree with Matty, nutrition is the most important and you have proved that point by having such a good loss already.

Life does have a habit of getting in the way of us doing things doesn't it!

Well done on keeping on track with your eating, wish I could, I have had a few melt downs, but am hoping that I am back on track now..... (she crosses her fingers and toes knowing we have a long weekend ahead which will include alcohol and lots of food....)

I will keep popping by as I want to find out your learning point!! You got me hookked now

Cheers for now Katie