TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
I know Gerry. Fruit is my saviour! Couldn't do slow carb again (well not now maybe near end of contest). Fruit and greek yoghurt or raisins with oats or a light hot choc with skimmed milk are doing the job for me. I think full cheat days messed me up a bit in the last contest. Too much sugar made me go a bit mad! I feel more in control at the minute. Will prob relax a bit on holiday. But in the hot weather fish/chicken and salad/veg will prob be what i'm craving. Just the alochol cals i need to watch. Getting into a bikini everyday with help to keep me on track! and also my sis is up for some bodyweight workouts with me on the beach. yeah!

Do you have more weight to lose or are you building muscle? Sorry havent had much chance to get on to other peoples thread.

G
Hi Gillian

Tom here, doing my first transformation.
You seem to be in a similar boat to me having also tried the slow carb diet. I hated not being able to have fruit and all those beans -which I usually love- just drove me crazy and my poor wife too who had to suffer with me out of love (or pity)!
Now similar to you I'm just eating clean and healthy and not too much and I'm using the ESE method once or twice a week. Just once so far - first day was yesterday.
So far I'm down just over 2 pounds in a week.

I'm also partial to the wine I must admit. Do you find that really slows you down or is say a glass in the evening ok?

Good luck with your transformation.

Tom
Old 05-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeninAustria View Post
Hi Gillian, I just stumbled across your journal. What is 9 stone 7lbs? I kind of like the sound of stones, a smaller number.
When I moved to Austria I had to get metric and I have to say I love it. I like weighing in in kilos vs. pounds. But the stone thing is intriguing. I could look it up, but I am lazy like that.
Hi Jen thanks for stopping by. I think it is 60kg. I like working in lbs as its about 2.2lbs to a kilo and its always nicer to feel like more is coming off (even tho its really the same amount).

How is the contest going for you? when I get more time I will be stopping by other peoples threads. I don't feel like I have a minute at the mo.

Anyway Good luck!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
If the weather in Spain is anything like here in Southern Portugal then you'll be up for some great beach days.. I don't know if people do this in the U.K but beach tennis is pretty common..well, it's kinda like tennis but with small racquets and a small rubber ball.. anyway.. you'll get into the Spainish swing no doubt.. it's easier to be active when the sun is shining.
Well I got 1 day of sun, 1 day of cloudyness and 2 days of rain! couldnt believe it. it was really cold also : ( well I cant complain really cos I'm off to Marbella this wkend for a hen do. fingers crossed I get some better weather this time!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Hey Gillian:

I see you're doing the Big 5 circuit workout. I'm doing that one this month as well. I've done it before and gotten good results...it's a keeper!!! I'm sure you will, too.

Kerry
Yes its a good one. Haven't tried it before but I am rather liking it!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Cane View Post
Hi Gillian

Tom here, doing my first transformation.
You seem to be in a similar boat to me having also tried the slow carb diet. I hated not being able to have fruit and all those beans -which I usually love- just drove me crazy and my poor wife too who had to suffer with me out of love (or pity)!
Now similar to you I'm just eating clean and healthy and not too much and I'm using the ESE method once or twice a week. Just once so far - first day was yesterday.
So far I'm down just over 2 pounds in a week.

I'm also partial to the wine I must admit. Do you find that really slows you down or is say a glass in the evening ok?

Good luck with your transformation.

Tom
Hi Tom

Good to har from you. Yeah the slow carb diet felt extreme to me. Good for the last few wks of the contest but not a lifestyle I could maintain. Beans did get a bit boring in the end! I feel like with eating I know what to do but sometimes portion sizes creep up - usually when I am overly restrictive I tend to rebel and eat all round me. So now I want a more balanced approach. I am finding 16 hour fasts aka leangains style fasts fit in well with my lifestyle and help with really listening to when I'm hungry and when I fel full. Also there is advice on that website about incorporating alcohol into your diet and continuing to lose weight. However lately i havent been overly strict with dieting or avoiding alcohol. Will get back on it nxt wk!

How is your weight loss journey going? Good luck for the contest!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM

Ok so had a great time away on the hol with my fam. weather sucked but never mind. I felt I did well with avoiding drinking during the day and eating rubbish. In the evening I ate healthily also. I had one dessert. Altho I did have 3 or 4 drinks most nights. To be honest I am not in dieting mode at the minute. Exercising is going well but I havent been recording calorie intake which makes it unlikely that I have maintained a calorie deficit for the last 2 wks. I am avoiding scales at all costs. To top it all off I have a hen do in Marbella this wkend. So all this spells out - a new start date for the contest - 30th May.

I don't feel like I have completely fallen off the wagon. I still incorpoate leangains fasts into my days and am hitting the gym for the big 5 circuit. Also today I did 45 mins of cardio, Yesterday I went to bootcamp. I am bloody aching today! I also feel that from contest 10 I have maintained good eating habits. However lately alcohol consumption has been too high. I blame the holidays. When I get back on Monday I will cut it down to 1 day a week. Make better choices, limit the drinks and incorporate alcohol cals into my diet plan to maintain an overall deficit. Aim is to lose 1lb per wk.

Is anyone trying the extreme diet thing by Joel Marion? I'm in two minds about buying it. i bought cheat your way thin. Will it be an extension of that? I would hate to pay 50 quid for something I mostly already have. plus have downloaded craigs workout that goes with it. I like the look of it. Might give it a go next time.

Prob wont be on again until next wk. Hopefully I will have more time to catch up with everyone as the forum is essential to keep me on track!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:22 PM

Smile

Hi Gillian

nice to see you back again, hope you enjoyed your holiday, am sure it was fun despite the funny weather.

I love Spain it's such good fun, really miss Europe actually being so far away in NZ, I am really hoping we can come home soon, just need hubby to be able to get a job!

Sounds like you have managed to maintain which is great, I made the mistake of thinking I had it made and got a bit carried away ended up putting on 10lbs after contest number 9

But I am back again and intend to stick around for this one, I need to lose those 10lbs and a bit more if I can. I have still been training with TT so skin folds not increased too much so am hoping I can keep on track this time and see you all at the finish line!

Those bootcamps worksouts sound great, could really do with one of those at my gym!

good luck and look forward to keeping updated with you.

ps I looked at the Leangains, but got a bit confused with the post workout meal thing, as I work out at differents times each day depending on what shift husband is working, so not sure it would work for me. Am trying to do the ESE instead which worked for me last time around.

pps I also love alchohol!! my downfall and then I start eating the junk which is even worse.

well that's it for now

Cheers for now Katie
Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 AM

Hey G... in regards to Joel's diet program.. There are 5 days that cycle 5 times..so 25 days in total. If it's like his first XFLD then it went like this. cheat day, fast, shake day, moderate carb day and protein day. I did it last year and that's how I found out about TT. I wish I knew about TT before because I would have loved to do Craig's workouts with it. I remember having to super organised to get the exact gram of all the macros, and it being a big learning curvre. I did lose some weight too, but to be honest, afterwards when I ate clean at a suitable defecit, did TT workouts..I actually looked healthier even though I'd added a couple of kilos..but that's me.. I think it would be similar to CYWT but more intense.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Ok so had a great time away on the hol with my fam. weather sucked but never mind. I felt I did well with avoiding drinking during the day and eating rubbish. In the evening I ate healthily also. I had one dessert. Altho I did have 3 or 4 drinks most nights. To be honest I am not in dieting mode at the minute. Exercising is going well but I havent been recording calorie intake which makes it unlikely that I have maintained a calorie deficit for the last 2 wks. I am avoiding scales at all costs. To top it all off I have a hen do in Marbella this wkend. So all this spells out - a new start date for the contest - 30th May.

I don't feel like I have completely fallen off the wagon. I still incorpoate leangains fasts into my days and am hitting the gym for the big 5 circuit. Also today I did 45 mins of cardio, Yesterday I went to bootcamp. I am bloody aching today! I also feel that from contest 10 I have maintained good eating habits. However lately alcohol consumption has been too high. I blame the holidays. When I get back on Monday I will cut it down to 1 day a week. Make better choices, limit the drinks and incorporate alcohol cals into my diet plan to maintain an overall deficit. Aim is to lose 1lb per wk.

Is anyone trying the extreme diet thing by Joel Marion? I'm in two minds about buying it. i bought cheat your way thin. Will it be an extension of that? I would hate to pay 50 quid for something I mostly already have. plus have downloaded craigs workout that goes with it. I like the look of it. Might give it a go next time.

Prob wont be on again until next wk. Hopefully I will have more time to catch up with everyone as the forum is essential to keep me on track!
Hi Gillian:

I agree with you - being on the forum really helps. I do much better when I post more. What are you going to do after the Big 5? I have one more week left after this one - I need to decide on the next program.

Good luck starting the contest.

Kerry
Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I've done XFLD in the past... best I've managed is 3 cycles so basically did it for a couple of weeks. Found it VERY difficult. The hardest day was the shake day... often felt extremely hungry and and hated the shakes. I would much rather eaten the fruit whole!!!

I also found I got diminishing returns with each cycle. I dont know if it was because I didnt measure portions but I only found I lost 1 pound in cycle 3 after dropping 5 in the first!!!

Its worth a try but if I was you, I'd save it for the last part of the contest...

glad to see you back, shame about the weather.... spk soon

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo