TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Thursday 14 July 2011

TT MH Get Luck # 7
Workout B

I'm in Etobicoke today (west end of Toronto) and I went to the Goodlife Fitness on East Mall for a workout first thing in the morning. It felt good.
For the bench I moved away from the smith machine to a rack with pins for protection. Unfortunately to set them safely I was more doing a board press but I carried on anyway. I did 4 @ 165, 5 @ 155, 4 @ 155, and 4 @ 155. I'm suppose to be doing 6 reps so I should have dropped the weight but I wanted to lift as heavy as I could today. DB rows continued at 50 lbs and I will up those next week. DB squeeze press was 30/30/35 and I think I will go up to 40 next week. I had to drop from 17.5 to 15 on the rear delt raise. I hope that is just general body fatigue.

The gym had TRX straps so I tried those for the first time. Wow they are great. I did 15 push-ups but I could not figure out how to do the strap triceps and the instructor was busy doing personal training. So I did DB tricep extensions.

The whole workout took me an hour and was a good way to start my day.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
Thanks Katie.

There are times when I want to quit and I think a few thoughts. Craig keeps saying, Never Give up. Also how could I disappoint my friends on the TT Forums. And lastly I want to show the kids, for me the people under 50, that one can be fit and active at any age.

Keeping at it.
Thanks, Andrew. Us youngsters need a reminder now and then. I don't want to feel old when I'm 50!

Also not been good about getting to the gym this week. Had a travel day to Houston and back on Thursday, and lots of other things coming up that's kept me from the gym. Hoping to get a workout in tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 AM

Darn. Not paying attention. Not writing the end date on the calendar and I have missed the submission deadline for this contest. Probably just as well as I did not meet my objective of a six pack. Still I got stronger and I learnt more things about my body and my mind.