TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 AM
larmer's Avatar
larmer larmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 1,308
Default

24 & 25 May

Two lifting days back to back plus an ESE fast on the 25th.

I'm writing this early on Thursday morning and wow I dropped 3.9 kg (8 1/2 lbs) from yesterday to get to my lowest weight in recent memory. That is an amazing change. More on that later.

I went to the park Tuesday night to do the 'B' workout so that my Daughter could play. I worked through the warm-up in 19 minutes. I then only did one of the four superset for the workout as I got talking to a Mom in the park who had lots of questions about fat loss and fitness. She wanted to know if I was a trainer (insert pride boost here). One superset took me 16 1/2 minutes. By the time we were finished chatting it was past getting my five year old home for bed so unfinished I went home.

On Wednesday 25 May I did an ESE fast. I'm trying to get down to an 80 cm waist so I'm doing three fasts per week, normally M, W, F. I struggled with the fast and I almost gave up a few times. Upon reflection I realized that I skipped out my usual beverages during the day hence feeling hungry and probably part of the large mass change above. Normally I have a carafe of coffee and a carafe of green tea during my day at the computer. We lacked coffee in the house but I still managed to go to Tim Horton's and get two coffees but I never did drink the tea. I did some diet soda instead. I missed my coffee. I need to buy some beans this morning. But back to lifting.

I went to the gym to do workout 'C' and it went well. I increased the dead lift from 195 to 205 and I got in 36 (10, 10, 8, 8) of the required 40 reps (4 x 10). My grip is my weakness so I need to figure out how to fix that. I also increased the alternating bench press from 45, last week, to 55. Chair assisted row went from 40 last week to 45 this week. Again I skipped the chin-ups due to my right elbow problem.
I did the interval workout on the bike. It has been a long time since I did those. I did 20 minutes which included 10 minutes of intervals (30s on and off for 10 cycles between 6 and 18 on the machine setting). According to the calorie counter I burnt 157 calories.
When I came home I was keen on some bread but there was none in the house so I ate some salty pretzels (yes not a great choice). Well they made me throw up. That is the second time that I have had that reaction with pretzels. I think I will exclude eating them. I still wanted a treat so I ate one of my Wife's Lara Bar which went down fine.

So I'm increasing the weights in the gym and I'm getting lean at home. Good stuff.
__________________
Cheers,
Andrew
Niagara Falls, ON
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM
debz0773's Avatar
debz0773 debz0773 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 867
Default

Hey Congrats Andrew...that's great!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 PM
larmer's Avatar
larmer larmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 1,308
Default

I'm disappointed in myself. Over a long weekend away I have managed to put back on both weight and centimetres on the waist. One ESE helped, a bit, but my second ESE of the week was not very successful as I ended it early. I will not achieve single digit body fat if I keep falling back.

I'm still hitting the gym. The MRT program is tough and discouraging as I find myself struggling. I'm trying to take the approach that doing something at the limits of my capabilities will improve those capabilities. I think I need to reach out to my Meathead friend this weekend but that will only be by telephone. I always prefer to talk to her face to face.

My right elbow (golfer's elbow) is getting better. I did 6 chin-ups and 6 dips today and no significant discomfort. After a month off swinging a sword at fight practice I will do so next Tuesday. We will see how I feel after that. My therapist is keen to know too.

This weekend should only have one social meal around it so hopefully I can balance things out with ESE on Saturday and light food around the social meal.

Oh I bought creatine today so I'm back on that after a laid off of about 2 months. I must remember to drink lots of water.

I'm quite busy on both the work and home front so I'm not getting enough sleep. So I'm off to bed.
__________________
Cheers,
Andrew
Niagara Falls, ON
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 AM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,932
Default

Andrew, we all have bumps in the road. Great to hear that your elbow is getting better. You can do it, have confidence in yourself. Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 PM
larmer's Avatar
larmer larmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 1,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Andrew, we all have bumps in the road. Great to hear that your elbow is getting better. You can do it, have confidence in yourself. Concetta
Thank-you for the support.
__________________
Cheers,
Andrew
Niagara Falls, ON
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 PM
larmer's Avatar
larmer larmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 1,308
Default

Friday 3 June was a busy day as I had to drive into Toronto. So I did workout D of Metabolic Resistance Training on the back deck of my house. It is nice that many TT workouts require little equipment. I ran through the circuit twice using my 16 kg KB for all of the weight exercises. The program allows for up to four times but I was running out of time and energy.

I'm still struggling with the TGU so I need to keep at them

Saturday 4 June was an off day so I went for a half hour walk in my neighbour but to an area new for me so that was nice. I also fasted until late afternoon thereby avoiding the pizza at my Daughter's dance recital dress rehearsal.
__________________
Cheers,
Andrew
Niagara Falls, ON
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-05-2011, 03:21 AM
antoheion antoheion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iasi
Posts: 1,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
Friday 3 June was a busy day as I had to drive into Toronto. So I did workout D of Metabolic Resistance Training on the back deck of my house. It is nice that many TT workouts require little equipment. I ran through the circuit twice using my 16 kg KB for all of the weight exercises. The program allows for up to four times but I was running out of time and energy.

I'm still struggling with the TGU so I need to keep at them

Saturday 4 June was an off day so I went for a half hour walk in my neighbour but to an area new for me so that was nice. I also fasted until late afternoon thereby avoiding the pizza at my Daughter's dance recital dress rehearsal.
Great work avoiding the pizza and getting through with your workout while travelling!! You are showing us TT members what dedication is all about!
Keep up the great work!!'
Ion
__________________
"The loneliest words you'll ever know:
If only, if only it were so
The emptiest words that there’ll ever be:
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM
larmer's Avatar
larmer larmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 1,308
Default

On Sunday I skipped Church and I went to the Y to lift. Something wrong about going to the Christian Association gym instead of Church. Problem was that I had an afternoon commitment and the gym is closed in the evening. I need a home gym.

Well I did a solid 'A' workout. It felt good. I increased my BB split squat from 145 to 160. I also did chin-ups which I have been avoiding due to my elbow ( the bar for inverted rows was being use). The felt good and I did 7 in my first set. So over all a good workout. I ate very lightly as I was going to a wake with a large buffet. Unfortunately I over did something as I was up 3 cm on my waist the next day and up a kilogram. Fasting the next day, Monday had little effect.

Monday was an off day so walking and some workout in the shop.

Tuesday I was tired but I attended an evening fight practice. It felt good to swing a sword after a four week lay off. My head was in a good space finding the whole thing relaxed and at ease. My elbow was fine afterwards. I came home and did one set of the workout 'B' but I was too tired and too late to do more. Disappointed that I could not do more.

I'm fasting through to Wednesday supper and then probably again on Thursday. We are going away for a long weekend camping. I find it difficult to fast while camping so I will not inflict that upon myself on Friday, which is my normal fasting day.

I close to my 6 week mark and to my disappointment I have not gotten to an 80 cm waist yet. I figure that is the number to show my abs. The closest I have gotten so far is 82.5 cm so I need to make a push for the extra inch (2.5 cm = 1 inch). This morning I was at 84.5 cm. I shall see what tomorrow brings.

Good night.
__________________
Cheers,
Andrew
Niagara Falls, ON
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
DutchLaramie's Avatar
DutchLaramie DutchLaramie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 490
Default

Hey, Andrew. It looks as if you're holding pretty strong. I wouldn't worry about skipping church for the Y. I think technically it counts by definition of church. You were technically congregating with others.

I wouldn't worry too much about that last inch. That's not that much you're almost there! Plus, stressing will only put the goal further away - thanks, cortisol...

Keep up the great work. All the best!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
galaxy galaxy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
On Sunday I skipped Church and I went to the Y to lift. Something wrong about going to the Christian Association gym instead of Church. Problem was that I had an afternoon commitment and the gym is closed in the evening. I need a home gym.

Well I did a solid 'A' workout. It felt good. I increased my BB split squat from 145 to 160. I also did chin-ups which I have been avoiding due to my elbow ( the bar for inverted rows was being use). The felt good and I did 7 in my first set. So over all a good workout. I ate very lightly as I was going to a wake with a large buffet. Unfortunately I over did something as I was up 3 cm on my waist the next day and up a kilogram. Fasting the next day, Monday had little effect.

Monday was an off day so walking and some workout in the shop.

Tuesday I was tired but I attended an evening fight practice. It felt good to swing a sword after a four week lay off. My head was in a good space finding the whole thing relaxed and at ease. My elbow was fine afterwards. I came home and did one set of the workout 'B' but I was too tired and too late to do more. Disappointed that I could not do more.

I'm fasting through to Wednesday supper and then probably again on Thursday. We are going away for a long weekend camping. I find it difficult to fast while camping so I will not inflict that upon myself on Friday, which is my normal fasting day.

I close to my 6 week mark and to my disappointment I have not gotten to an 80 cm waist yet. I figure that is the number to show my abs. The closest I have gotten so far is 82.5 cm so I need to make a push for the extra inch (2.5 cm = 1 inch). This morning I was at 84.5 cm. I shall see what tomorrow brings.

Good night.
Hi Andrew

good to see you doing so well on this contest as well. You are showing us how it's done that's for sure. How are you managing on 3 fasts a week? do you find you want to eat more when you finish your fasts?

good luck with the sword throwing, hope the elbow is OK for you.

keep up the great work and don't sweat the small stuff, like the numbers too much, we can get hung up on them. Am sure you 6 week photos will be fantastic

Cheers for now Katie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.