TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 PM

Default Andrew's TC11 Journal

Greetings,

I'm in to win this thing. I'm going to finally get myself down to an 80 cm waist (45 % of my height) all the while getting stronger. Being consistent on nutrition has been my downfall. I'm developing tactics to deal with those challenges. ESE will again be an important part of the my toolbox. I'll post my measurements tomorrow as I need to get to bed. Here are some pictures to start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC 11 Front Before - 04.jpg (49.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg TC 11 Side Left Before - 06.jpg (47.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg TC 11 Back Flex Before - 08.jpg (48.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg TC 11 Newspaper Before - 03.jpg (45.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by larmer : 05-05-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 AM

I have decided to complete TT Superchargerz workout which I'm almost three quarters through the program and it is good for fat loss.
Wednesday 4 May 2011
Workout D
I tore through this workout despite some delays in the gym. The long warm-up took 13 minutes and the whole thing was 45 minutes. I did not do post workout stretching.

For the deadlift I was conservative at 135 lbs. I ran into problems when someone took my deadlift bar while I was doing the other exercises (my gym has a lack of equipment for the number of attendees but my family want to go their for the pool). So I switched to 65 lb DB and did the deadlift that way.

I skipped the chin-ups on CB's advice. I have golfer's elbow on my right arm and chin-ups aggravate it. This was also a reason to go conservative on the deadlift. My PR is 205 for 8 reps so I certainly could have lifted heavier. For the rear delt raise and the iron cross I used 7.5 lb DB.

I ate conservatively today. I managed to eat only one of the homemade cookies that a friend sent over. My 4 yo did me a favour by eating the rest of them. I'm fasting from supper time until tomorrow's supper.

I took my medicine and applied ice for my elbow. I have my assessment scheduled with my therapist on Tuesday morning.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 AM

Best wishes Andrew.. Deb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
Greetings,

I'm in to win this thing. I'm going to finally get myself down to an 80 cm waist (45 % of my height) all the while getting stronger. Being consistent on nutrition has been my downfall. I'm developing tactics to deal with those challenges. ESE will again be an important part of the my toolbox. I'll post my measurements tomorrow as I need to get to bed. Here are some pictures to start.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
I ate conservatively today. I managed to eat only one of the homemade cookies that a friend sent over. My 4 yo did me a favour by eating the rest of them. I'm fasting from supper time until tomorrow's supper.
Our kids are so good to us :-) and we get the warm fuzzies from "sharing" and the bigger warm fuzzies from sticking to our goals!

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:21 PM

Good luck Andrew! Hope you have a successful contest
Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 PM

Workout 'A' today. I did the whole thing in 55 minutes including some waiting for equipment. I slightly increased my squat weight to 145. Also up on the standing pulldown to 120.

I did the suitcase deadlift with the barbell. It went well. I did a few reps at 105 lbs but then dropped back to my usual 95 lbs.

I was doing ESE from supper but my wife forgot and served me lunch around 1:30 pm. Fortunately it was a light lunch. For supper we had chicken and a salad. I treated myself to 11 g of of dark chocolate.

I promised that I would give stats.
All metric
180 cm
51 year old male
79.5 kg
Neck 35.9
Chest 119.4
Chest 98.4
Right Arm 32.7
Waist 87
Hip 87
Right Thigh 49.5
Right Calf 39.7

Seven measurement percent body fat 9.97 (I think that number is incorrect and it is too low)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 AM

Friday 6 May 2011

I took today as an off day as I had a lot to do. Good news this morning three days in I'm down 2.2 kg (almost 5 lbs).

Today for exercise I did an SCA fighting demo at a Cub Camp up near where Brad Pilon lives. They were doing a medieval theme Cuboree so they asked if we could come out and put on a fighting show for them. So four of us headed out and did just that. I was one of two in armour and I wore my pretty kit including my closed visor helm (it looks nice but the visibility is not great nor the breathing). We had a lot of fun. I played the evil knight kidnapping one of the female Cub leaders. My friend then challenged me so that he could free her. We did best 3 out of five fights. He of course won but along the way I cheated and did nasty things like hitting him in the back when he was addressing the crowd.

The kids loved it.

We then did some Q & A and then fighting with two handed weapons. Lots of dramatic stuff for show which is tiring. There were times when it took a few moments to recover from an exchange. I need to make sure I get TT intervals in when I work out as I will need the aerobic endurance for the battles this summer.

All in a lot of fun.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge as I have an all day medieval event. I'm basically the host so I will not have time to fight as I have to circulate and see what fun things people are doing. Then we have a large feast in the evening. So keeping the calories in check will be an issue and I have to figure out how to get my 30 minutes of off day exercise in. Fortunately the site is dry so I will not be drinking a lot of excess calories. Well I have been up to late tonight so good night.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 PM

The weekend 7 & 8 May.

Too many activities and too little sleep.

I was up late Friday night with my friend and then up early for Saturday. Lots of activity carrying things and setting them up for our Medieval event. Since I was the host I did not have an opportunity to fight. We had a good feast in the evening with a reasonable amount of food. Since I was sitting head table we got the most and the best stuff. Some really good lamb.

Last September I attended an event where at the head table I exclaimed when they served beets. So my secret love of beets came out. So at this feast I was served borsch (beet soup), whole pickled beets and a beet cake. I sponsored a 'Beet Poetry' contest which got a number of medieval songs and poems about the noble beet. The winner was a fellow from Buffalo who did a beet poem while wearing a beret, sunglasses and saying 'Daddy O' every so often. His prize was a golden beet.

After all the fun an hour packing up of stuff which made sure I got my '30 minutes of fun activity'. They friends over until late while we drank two bottles of wine. I was up 2 kg the next day.

Sunday I was tired so it was an off day with just yard work. I need more sleep.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:22 PM

Monday 9 May 2011

I was happy to be back at lifting today. My muscles on the inside of my left shoulder blade are bothering me. This is the area I carry my tension. I'm not sure what is the problem. Well lack of enough sleep is still an issue.

I took my Daughter, almost 5, to the local park to do my Bodyweight 500 workout. I skipped the chin-ups due to my sore right elbow. Tomorrow I get assessed. It was nice to workout in the park. April was too wet to go there. I even took off my shirt to get some sun and start on my tan for the finals.

I did an ESE fast today and had a good supper. Still I feel I could go downstairs and stuff my face with food. I must be strong and resist.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 AM

Gotta say, the medieval fighting stuff, sounds super cool and like a lot of fun! You have videos for the rest of us to enjoy, or must we buy tickets and travel thousands of miles to see it in person?

Beets huh, hmmm... not sure they're a fav, but way to have special tribute to a very colorful vegetable.

:-) hope your niggles heal up and you're back to 100% in your shoulder and elbow.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!