TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 11:31 AM

As empowered as I felt yesterday, today I feel, I don't know, maybe pushed around. The whole "mom needs to do this, that and the other thing" and before you know it my workout is looking like it won't happen today. I can't let that happen. The stuff they want me to do is just not that important. It just takes me to say "No". How simple. Wish me luck!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 AM

So, I know, you've been wondering all weekend-did she do it? Did she stand up for herself and do what she planned? YES!! Did what I needed to to do and got to the gym for my workout. That was a stick to your guns don't let everyday stuff get in the way. Yay me.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post
So, I know, you've been wondering all weekend-did she do it? Did she stand up for herself and do what she planned? YES!! Did what I needed to to do and got to the gym for my workout. That was a stick to your guns don't let everyday stuff get in the way. Yay me.
Great stuff, Debbie!! Keep up the good work!!
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM

Just wanted to jump in and say Yay for you!! Sometimes putting yourself first is a hard thing to follow through with but so glad you got to the gym. I always say a happy mom makes a happy home.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:50 PM

Thanks!

Yesterday I did 3 sets of DB Presses with the 40# db's! It's still amazes me when I realize that I've gotten stronger. So all you 20 & 30 somethings-keep at it! I'm almost 50 (OMG!!) and still getting stronger! And better every day. If there was one thing I could tell my 35 yr old self it would be "DON'T Freaking' STOP"!!!!! I'd add the F word for emphasis. I don't usually curse and when I do I really mean it so I would know I was serious. (K, I'm giggling a little right now but it's true).
Old 05-25-2011, 01:15 PM

ANother great workout yesterday. I really like going in the afternoons now. I'm not so sure I'll get to workout today though. My husband has a dr. appt. It depends what they tell us. Don't stop believin', right? Works for everything...I hope.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM

Woo, go you! And you look nowhere near 50 And I will take your advice to the 20 odds very seriously
Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 AM

Good news from the doctor! Holy cow, it's been a whole winter of tests, more tests, biopsies, new drs more drs, etc. Finally, some good news. It's so long and involved I'm not even going into it-there are still issues but the BIG one is apparently not one so hooray!!

I'd been thinking all along, what if he needs treatment? I may not be able to do my workouts. Boy, that sounds selfish but I know working out is my Xanax so it's important to me. What if, what if what if...all winter and spring. Suddenly, when he came home with the thumbs up I felt immediately like my path was cleared. That I know of, I have nothing standing in my way! Clear path! Like I said before "Watch out-I'm really in it this time!"

Now, if my daughter can somehow pass Algebra for the year I will be ecstatic!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:27 PM

So chuffed for you
Old 05-28-2011, 05:16 PM

I found a picture of myself from about 1994. Wow, I was in great shape!! That was last night and I've been angry ever since. How did I get in this shape? Which isn't that bad it's just that I keep trying for a leaner me and it just isn't happening...yet. I mean years. Yeah, I know, NUTRITION!! If I can do it I'll try to post the pic here. I'm amazed at it actually. Back then it was so easy to keep up-just a lifestyle. I feel like I'm living the same way but I guess not.

I did 45 min. steady state today. I just couldn't face another HIT session. I'm doing TT Hardcore and it's pretty intense. Eating clean.