TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM

I didn't just get over bronchitis and I found the first week of BFW wks 9-12 very hard!! I think I'll be getting on the "correct form vs recommended reps" train! There are only 2 sets to most of the workout supersets (thank goodness, because they're hard enough!) but the focus has to be on form to maintain function! Hope you're feeling better!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM

You know... it's said things happen for a reason.. I feel since I've focused more on form I actually feel more balanced if that makes sense..Maybe it's because of the mental awareness of what the body is doing?? Well, there is alot less risk of injury too.. I'd like to think I could progress to repeating a superset once I feel like I could do so with form only..not just to feel I've filled the quota so to speak. I think this will stay with me for always now!! The intervals only planning to do 4 has been pretty good too... Have you had bronchitis too? If you can get some fresh thyme and you don't mind green tea..try putting a couple of sprigs in the tea.. I swear it's gold!! I hope you are feeling bettter too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
I didn't just get over bronchitis and I found the first week of BFW wks 9-12 very hard!! I think I'll be getting on the "correct form vs recommended reps" train! There are only 2 sets to most of the workout supersets (thank goodness, because they're hard enough!) but the focus has to be on form to maintain function! Hope you're feeling better!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Hi Deb

Good to see you here in TC11. seems like you have the right idea about focusing your form. Good luck for the contest! I look forward to reading your thread.

G
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 05-06-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hi Deb

Good to see you here in TC11. seems like you have the right idea about focusing your form. Good luck for the contest! I look forward to reading your thread.

G
Thanks! Good luck to you too..
Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 AM

Well today is my official start day. Photos done...will sort later.. measurements done..

I'll start Booty on Monday and finish up TT intermediate today.

Food today..

Oats with coconut milk, apple and pecans. Cup of english breakfast tea with a dash of milk

Greek Yoghurt with banana

Veg and chickpea soup with Moroccan spices..maybe a slice of rye bread with it if there is any around?? Then an espresso coffee.

Dinner will be what ever the chef's make at tonights gig which is usually pretty good healthy food...and probably a nice red at the end of the night..

When I get home I might have a couple of sao's ( watercrackers) with vegemite with some green tea.

I don't mind if my cals get close to maintenance today. 1500 would be good.

Tomorrow I don't mind if my cals go above maintenance. 1600 and above..

Ok..get to work..make this soup..do this workout..it's all good. Have a great weekend!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
( watercrackers) with vegemite
I assume you are in Australia or from there. What is that stuff and what does it taste like?

PS. Do you have a recipe for sticky date pudding? My friend spent a year in Australia and longs for it.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeninAustria View Post
I assume you are in Australia or from there. What is that stuff and what does it taste like?

PS. Do you have a recipe for sticky date pudding? My friend spent a year in Australia and longs for it.
I'm Australian living in Portugal and luckily I can get the ol' Vegemite here. It's basically yeast extract.. it's either love it or hate it I think.
I've never made a sticky date pudding but could probably get a recipe for one. I have a friend here who is a chef and he made it one time when we were at their place for dinner..I wonder if he'll share it or if there's a secret ingredient .. will try for your friend.... because it was heaven!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Your breakfast and lunch sound so good! Also, I must google 'sticky date pudding' as a matter of urgency.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Your breakfast and lunch sound so good! Also, I must google 'sticky date pudding' as a matter of urgency.
Yes, I'm quite intrigued by that food title as well

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Yes, I'm quite intrigued by that food title as well
soooo not healthy

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!