TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 PM

Default No....I'm not pregnant.

Hi Everyone...

I'm looking forward to starting on the 6th of May.

I've spent most of the time between TTC10 to now dealing with bronchitis. It really gave me a claw..what a bastard. The transition from winter to spring is a bit of a challenge. I'm an Aussie chick living in southern Portugal and there are many different plants to deal with. I've kept the food pretty good, but I've slacked on the workouts mainly for fear of the recovery of the bronchitis. As of tomorrow I'm going to do a week of things that might get the body going again. I guess not going gun ho would be the best option otherwise I'll be sore and sorry.. Any suggestions for a "getting back into it week" will be greatly appreciated. I really want to boost my metabolism..so I guess lifting things will help.

Looking forward to reading all your threads and connecting.

Cheers,
Deb.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your illness. But yay to coming back!! Easing into the week will be advisable. Get started and see how you feel, if its all green lights after the first workout, then progress with caution.
:-) thats my non-personal-trainer-i'm-a-nurse-and-a-mom recommendation :-P

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Sorry to hear about your illness. But yay to coming back!! Easing into the week will be advisable. Get started and see how you feel, if its all green lights after the first workout, then progress with caution.
:-) thats my non-personal-trainer-i'm-a-nurse-and-a-mom recommendation :-P

~Amanda
Cheers Amanda.. your non-personal-trainer-i'm-a-nurse-and-a-mom recommendation is very appreciated!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Any suggestions for a "getting back into it week" will be greatly appreciated. I really want to boost my metabolism..so I guess lifting things will help.

Looking forward to reading all your threads and connecting.

Cheers,
Deb.
Continue to pay close attention to nutrition. Do a TT workout and only do each superset once with perfect form. You get about 60 % or more of the benefit from the first go through of each superset. See how you feel on that and adjust accordingly. Read CB's latest blog post about training smart.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
Continue to pay close attention to nutrition. Do a TT workout and only do each superset once with perfect form. You get about 60 % or more of the benefit from the first go through of each superset. See how you feel on that and adjust accordingly. Read CB's latest blog post about training smart.
Thanks heaps Andrew.. that's really great advice.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:30 PM

I'd just to add that the advice Andrew gave about doing one superset but with perfect form was golden..!! It's really amazing to just really tune right into what the body is doing and what muscles are supposed to be working. Thanks again Andrew!!

My off days are now going to be walking my kids to school and back with some Yoga. Basically, Surya Namaska ( salute to sun ) as the core with other asanas to follow. I didn't really have a plan for my off days before except doing the intervals the next day, but this feels more balanced.

I wish I could follow someones diet. I keep reading about how people are doing this diet and that diet. I like to get ideas from the pros and try to put all their ideas together somehow. I know I definitely need to add a day of the week that is maintenance and another that is above maintenance and then be in deficit the other days.. we'll see..
Old 04-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Good to see you back for TC 11. Hope you feel better and best of luck.