TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Good grief it certainly gets rave reviews! Trouble for me is it has egg... hmmm... need to think of a replacement. I want to try some!!
Yeah, a whole lot of egg! Hmmm. The fat (yolk) acts as an emulsifier and holds on to moisture and the protein (white) is a drying agent and also strengthens the batter so it'll hold the CO2 from the baking powder/vinegar combo.

You may really need to get creative; add more oil or fat to replace the yolks (avocado, perhaps? or any fat), adding leaveners, and emulsifiers like xanthan gum and/or lecithin.

These, of course, are just guesses. Are you allergic?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Hi, Keith, great to have you here!! Good luck with your transformation!! What TT programs do you intend to use?
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Hi, Keith, great to have you here!! Good luck with your transformation!! What TT programs do you intend to use?
Stay strong,
Ion
Thanks, Ion!

I'm in a "building phase" for this contest, it looks like. I started Meatheads IV Lean & Jacked last week, so I'll have a few weeks under my belt when the contest begins. (I'm taking my pics on Sunday - gotta remember to get a paper...)

Outside of that, I think I'll be doing Buff Dudes/Hot Chicks and maybe Build Muscle at home or something else. I may ask Craig along the way. I've been stealing ideas from Adam, Gerry, and Neil from the last contest. They all got ridiculous results.

I see you've been a member for a number of years. Are you just maintaining?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLaramie View Post
Thanks, Ion!

I'm in a "building phase" for this contest, it looks like. I started Meatheads IV Lean & Jacked last week, so I'll have a few weeks under my belt when the contest begins. (I'm taking my pics on Sunday - gotta remember to get a paper...)

Outside of that, I think I'll be doing Buff Dudes/Hot Chicks and maybe Build Muscle at home or something else. I may ask Craig along the way. I've been stealing ideas from Adam, Gerry, and Neil from the last contest. They all got ridiculous results.

I see you've been a member for a number of years. Are you just maintaining?
I'd like to say that... But I'd be lying. I have 3 serious TT transformations behind me and 2 attempts. Each brought me closer to my goal, but every time I was about to see that 6 pack (you know, like 10-20 pounds) I burned out mentally- this means I lost all desire for dieting (training was never a problem- I could wake up al 3:00 AM to train, that's how much I love it!!) and put back 10-20 lbs. And so on...

This happened after TC 8 too, but I managed to stop it now and got back on track. Gotta come up with a plan to avoid burning out... It happens every year somewhere between octomber-november if I train hard during spring&summertime.

So now you know that I never got to the mainteneance phase. =))
Old 04-26-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm officially throwing myself into TC11. I can't describe how excited I am and how much I'm looking forward to my coming transformation with all of you.

I plan on focusing on diet, but not obsessing - as I typically do. I eat pretty clean as it is so it's gonna be about dialing in calories and hitting these workouts hard.

I guess I'll keep updating my workout journal until May 1st and then officially migrate over here full time.

Best of luck to everyone!!
Unreal Keith...looking forward to the journey too..!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Unreal Keith...looking forward to the journey too..!
Thanks, debz!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I'd like to say that... But I'd be lying. I have 3 serious TT transformations behind me and 2 attempts. Each brought me closer to my goal, but every time I was about to see that 6 pack (you know, like 10-20 pounds) I burned out mentally- this means I lost all desire for dieting (training was never a problem- I could wake up al 3:00 AM to train, that's how much I love it!!) and put back 10-20 lbs. And so on...

This happened after TC 8 too, but I managed to stop it now and got back on track. Gotta come up with a plan to avoid burning out... It happens every year somewhere between octomber-november if I train hard during spring&summertime.

So now you know that I never got to the mainteneance phase. =))
It's all good, Ion. I wasn't sure. The only thing I saw was the date you joined.

If you don't mind me saying, it sounds like you might be overworking yourself in the diet area. It should definitely be something you can sustain for the rest of your life. What have you tried? What are you doing currently?

I struggled for a long time to make any real progress and then I started incorporating Primal/Paleo, Eat-Stop-Eat, and some experimentation with elimination. I found things that work for me and some that don't. For instance; grains don't agree with me at all. They make me bloated for one and they usually tend to make me overeat - must be an insulin thing. So, I cut them out and have them only on occasion. The Eat-Stop-Eat helps me keep better track of when I'm truly hungry and keeps me in calorie deficit. But, all in all, they're things I feel confident that I could continue for the rest of my life.

I don't know. Just some thoughts.

TC11 should be a fun ride. I'm looking forward to your progress!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
It's all good, Ion. I wasn't sure. The only thing I saw was the date you joined.

If you don't mind me saying, it sounds like you might be overworking yourself in the diet area. It should definitely be something you can sustain for the rest of your life. What have you tried? What are you doing currently?

I struggled for a long time to make any real progress and then I started incorporating Primal/Paleo, Eat-Stop-Eat, and some experimentation with elimination. I found things that work for me and some that don't. For instance; grains don't agree with me at all. They make me bloated for one and they usually tend to make me overeat - must be an insulin thing. So, I cut them out and have them only on occasion. The Eat-Stop-Eat helps me keep better track of when I'm truly hungry and keeps me in calorie deficit. But, all in all, they're things I feel confident that I could continue for the rest of my life.

I don't know. Just some thoughts.

TC11 should be a fun ride. I'm looking forward to your progress!
Well... I can't say I was overworking... I was eating only fruits/veggies/grill/seeds, 1600 calories per day and was losing about 1-1.2kg per week. It was very simple and I didn't stress about it. Some might say that 1600 was too low but it was ok with me- I was feeling full ang going above that was pure overeating&felt bad. (Craig approved the 1600 plan btw) I just got sick with eating the same things over&over again...Canned beans, canned beans, canned beans and then, for a change, canned beans!!! Yuck...Guess variety is what my plan didn't have. Got to learn to do some healthy cooking,even if I'm terrible with recipes.

I was thinking about using Jay Ferruggia's Renegade diet or maybe try some form of carb cycling...
Have a great day,
Ion
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Well... I can't say I was overworking... I was eating only fruits/veggies/grill/seeds, 1600 calories per day and was losing about 1-1.2kg per week. It was very simple and I didn't stress about it. Some might say that 1600 was too low but it was ok with me- I was feeling full ang going above that was pure overeating&felt bad. (Craig approved the 1600 plan btw) I just got sick with eating the same things over&over again...Canned beans, canned beans, canned beans and then, for a change, canned beans!!! Yuck...Guess variety is what my plan didn't have. Got to learn to do some healthy cooking,even if I'm terrible with recipes.

I was thinking about using Jay Ferruggia's Renegade diet or maybe try some form of carb cycling...
Have a great day,
Ion
I don't know... 1600 calories seems pretty low and beans, beans, beans... well, I have nothing appropriate to ay about that! HA! Are you a vegetarian? Or am I misreading this and you did eat meat? Just want to be sure.

I guess I'm kinda doing the carb cycling thing, but not really... I started the LeanGains thing a few weeks ago and the protocol calls for higher carbs on workout days and lower carbs off days. Now, I'm sure Martin's idea of low and high are much different than mine. I don't really eat grains, so low is pretty low - when I can help it. (50-100g) and high is usually around 150g.

I had the most success with Eat-Stop-Eat. I've read quite a few people having great success with Isabella's system. I don't really know enough about Jay's to make a call. They all come down to the same thing; eliminate processed foods, white carbs, and any other junk. Then put yourself in calorie deficit in some way. It just depends on what works best for you.

I did 1800 cals a day and sometimes it was a bit torturous. I can't imagine 1600 cals daily - and I'm shorter than you!

What is Jay's system? Do you have it or were you window shopping?

All the best, Ion.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Default May 1st - I can see it from here!

It's almost here. May 1st. The day I officially move my journal to this spot. Pretty crazy to think.

I'm trying to put together exactly what I should do to be sure I have a plan to stick to. So far that amounts to:

Muscle building workouts - rather than strict fat burning workouts
LeanGains fasts daily
ESE fast once a week
Cheat meal/Day once a week - the day before ESE

That's how its looking. I'll be in the middle of Meatheads VI (week 3 - technically. Though, I may ask if I should do a 5th week since I did a light first week. Maybe I'm making too much of it...)

I may totally give up alcohol for the period, too, but with Spring here and Summer approaching it may not be possible. Plus, I'm in close proximity to some of the best micro-breweries in the country... PLus, working full-time as a musician certainly doesn't help, either.

Vacation in North Carolina in July - right around my birthday. I'm hoping to be nearly gut-free by then. Here's hoping!

4 days to go. I'll post before pics on Sunday - accountability, people!!

Rock on.

That's all I have.