TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM

Smile Final Countdown

Ok, so here we are in the last few days. I am excited that I have stuck out the program. Sunday will be day 84, and I'll be taking my pictures that day.

This morning I got up and got my workout in. Still rolling with TT Clash 1. I am over 20lbs down at this point. My pants are pretty loose at this point. I'm amazed at the difference. I was looking at my babies' 3 month pics and my belly was protruding out over my jeans. I don't quite see the six pack, but my stomach is definitely much flatter now. My belt is on the last hole and it's still a little bit loose.

Today holds special meaning because 8 years ago I had a bad motorcycle wreck that resulted in me losing my right foot. Sunday is special, too, because that's my birthday (which I spent in the ICU when I wrecked my bike). I call 3/23 a celebration of life day, and I reflect annually, because I really could be gone. That is why this last portion of the push is pretty special. This challenge is finishing up with this 3/23 to 3/27 window that I use to remind myself annually to seize life and live it. To push myself to be better. To accomplish goals and be an example to others. And it is good that this time has come. The family house that used to be my grandparents' house (now occupied by other family members) burned down over the weekend. I have relatives in the Navy that are in Japan giving it their all to help the Japanese forces as they deal with the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami. As I mentioned in my other thread, I've had a few funerals to attend over the past two weekends. There's a lot going on. But having the annual celebration of life helps to re-center me and put all of this stuff in perspective. We only have the time that we have, however long or short that may be. While we have it, do the best that we can with it.

For any others that read this today, regardless of whether you feel like you are poised to win or not, push yourself. Whether I win or lose in the Transformation Contest, the key is that I have made MAJOR strides in my lifestyle changes, in my fitness levels, and in my ability to stay focused. I have bettered myself, and I will celebrate that as I push towards the "finish line."

God bless you all.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmack3 View Post
Ok, so here we are in the last few days. I am excited that I have stuck out the program. Sunday will be day 84, and I'll be taking my pictures that day.

This morning I got up and got my workout in. Still rolling with TT Clash 1. I am over 20lbs down at this point. My pants are pretty loose at this point. I'm amazed at the difference. I was looking at my babies' 3 month pics and my belly was protruding out over my jeans. I don't quite see the six pack, but my stomach is definitely much flatter now. My belt is on the last hole and it's still a little bit loose.

Today holds special meaning because 8 years ago I had a bad motorcycle wreck that resulted in me losing my right foot. Sunday is special, too, because that's my birthday (which I spent in the ICU when I wrecked my bike). I call 3/23 a celebration of life day, and I reflect annually, because I really could be gone. That is why this last portion of the push is pretty special. This challenge is finishing up with this 3/23 to 3/27 window that I use to remind myself annually to seize life and live it. To push myself to be better. To accomplish goals and be an example to others. And it is good that this time has come. The family house that used to be my grandparents' house (now occupied by other family members) burned down over the weekend. I have relatives in the Navy that are in Japan giving it their all to help the Japanese forces as they deal with the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami. As I mentioned in my other thread, I've had a few funerals to attend over the past two weekends. There's a lot going on. But having the annual celebration of life helps to re-center me and put all of this stuff in perspective. We only have the time that we have, however long or short that may be. While we have it, do the best that we can with it.

For any others that read this today, regardless of whether you feel like you are poised to win or not, push yourself. Whether I win or lose in the Transformation Contest, the key is that I have made MAJOR strides in my lifestyle changes, in my fitness levels, and in my ability to stay focused. I have bettered myself, and I will celebrate that as I push towards the "finish line."

God bless you all.
Wow..I got goosebumps reading your post..

"We only have the time that we have, however long or short that may be. While we have it, do the best that we can with it."

Amen to that!!

Thanks for posting this... and congrats on your achievements. Deb
Old 03-23-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:

God bless you all.
Great post. Helped me to step back and look at the bigger picture. Life is for living and you are right to celebrate that.

Looking forward to seeing your results.
Good luck and all the best.

G xx
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:

God bless you all.
Brilliant results, Rob! The contest is a passing thing but what we've gotten out of it will flow into our lives afterwards.

Well done!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 PM

Awesome post Rob, like Gillian said I got goosebumps too!

Looking forward to your results as well!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 03-24-2011, 12:53 AM

Default Wow

You're amazing.
Bad news doesn't seem to know when to hold off...

I keep asking my leadership if I can go to japan... I'm a nurse, I should be there... there is stuff to do. But my mission is to stay here in Alaska and watch the snow melt everlovingly slowly, and hope for the best for those who are tasked to go and help.

Your words are very inspiring indeed.

Best of luck.

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Agreed to what everyone else said, great post! Very inspiring! Also looking forward to seeing your results!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 AM

Default one day left

all, thanks for all of your replies. These past few days have been fun. thursday i got in my workout and performed a modified fast (did have one protein shake during the workout in the AM). Broke the fast around 9p. worked a long day to get everything done on the job before taking off for a 4 day weekend.

Friday, I got up and knocked out the day 4 workout from clash of the titans. Not taking any off days in the home stretch. Went to the auto show around 1p and walked around there with my wife for about 4 hours. the only thing was that i didnt keep up my water intake during that time. we are hoping to buy a new car this year, so we were on a mission. but we definitely got a lot of walking in during the process.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:31 PM

Default 1 day left, continued.

I did have a chicago style hot dog for dinner on Friday, but overall, I think I had a really good day.

Today (Saturday), I got in my AM workout - Day 5 of the Clash program. I really like . Ate 2 boiled eggs for breakfast. Went to get a haircut and then went to pick up my mother from the airport. She dropped in for my birthday and to spend the day with the twins. She did bring in some chopped pork from Memphis, and I'm going to have to take a bite of that. Mmmmm.

I'll be doing one more workout and taking my pics in the AM and then this contest is a wrap. It's been a great one! My pants are way too baggy. Need to get some new jeans and some new belts.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 PM

Congratulations and well done, Rob! I'm looking forward to reading your essay and seeing your pics.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver