TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Default Official 10th Contest Entries Go Here

It's time...to reveal your success.

Please submit your entry to the 12-week Turbulence Training Transformation Contest here. Can't wait to see your results.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations on your success.

Sincerely,

Craig Ballantyne
Old 03-22-2011, 01:48 AM

Default "Mindful Once More"

Final stats:

Weight 125lb (-11lb)
waist (1" above navel) 26.5" (-2.5")
belly (1" below navel) 29" (-4")
hips 36" (-1")

workouts used: TT intermediate (from the main Fat Loss manual), TT transformation 3, TT 2k9

I sit here at the end of a 12 week transformation and with the close of this contest comes the time of course for contemplation of this process and what it has meant to me.

One word that has kept coming to me is that of "mindfulness"...the quality of being mindful, of being deliberate, or paying attention. For, prior to joining this contest, it was certainly an attribute I had been lacking. A former TT member from contest 4, I had rejoined at Christmastime after the realization I had gained 10lb after several months of stress that had led to increasingly poor eating patterns and, well, eating without regard at all as to WHY I was eating. Eating standing in front of the fridge. Out of a jar. Out of a box. Teetering closer to the line of all out binging than I had ever been. All had begun to take a toll. Although I had been exercising this last year and thought I had been effective, the mirror and the camera were my powerful illuminators of the truth of the adage "you can't out-train a bad diet".

Mortified after that epiphany of sorts, I entered the contest knowing I needed to get more in control of things, yet with my motivation at an all time low point. From past experience with Turbulence Training, I knew the accountability of a contest would be the reset I needed, so I dove right in. Getting back into the habit of twice weekly 24hr fasting quickly opened my eyes to the cold fact that I had been resorting to my old emotional eating self and helped me discern true hunger from the other voices. Again the whole concept of becoming more mindful and it's effectiveness had started to ring apparent to me.

The support of my fellow members, as well as Craig's resources and tips such as motivational quotes helped me to begin the taming of the beast my eating was becoming, even with the upheaval of my father receiving a diagnosis of brain cancer midway through the contest. At that time, I did have some eating slip-ups during my family visit, but still did the workouts (a blessing in keeping the stress at bay), and my fellow TT members helped me get back on track quickly. I did not need to subconsciously keep punishing myself by eating, but just move forward from that point on.

Slowly, I re-learned how good it felt to have a goal for myself. I discovered again how GOOD it felt to move in a challenging way during my workouts and to set personal bests and meet them. How good it felt to have victories in the small things like resisting sweets at work ---to know I COULD CHOOSE to no longer be a person hapless in the face of temptation and at the mercy of my whims. I did have a choice and it was in MY doing to make the right ones---NO excuses! What an empowerment for me, all these "a-ha!" moments, of which I have been given many over this last 12 weeks.

All in all, I have learned not to take myself for granted, and have learned how doing so had so subtly come upon me. I was sobered by how quick and easy it was to let my old good habits slip, however I stand here thankful for the opportunity afforded me for redemption and to set myself right again. I know this is not a finish line really, but an ongoing journey, and I look forward to how it all unfolds.

Thanks to Craig for all the hard work and love put into all this each day, and to my fellow members for your infectious enthusiasm, encouragement, and the blessing of being able to have community with you all.

ONWARDS!!!!

Tina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before front dec '10.JPG (77.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg after front Mar 10.JPG (61.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg before back shot Dec 10.JPG (94.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg after back shot Mar '11.JPG (57.0 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by crazycanuck : 03-22-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 AM

Default More pictures

Sorry I don't know how to knit all these together, it took me almost 2 hrs to edit and post this entry in the first place LOL!

Tina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before side shot Dec 10.JPG (67.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg after side shot Mar 11.JPG (53.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg newspaper Dec 27, 2010.JPG (19.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg newspaper Mar 20 2011.JPG (50.1 KB, 23 views)

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 03-23-2011, 11:24 PM

Default A work in progress

The quote, "half the battle is taking the first step," comes to mind as I compile my reflection on the past 12 week and the challenges and triumps that I've experienced. The goals I set forth were not met, yet progress was definately made. My inches lost and my body fat percentage lost astounded me. The Turbulance Training workouts are surprisingly quick yet effective. They made me into someone who used to workout only once every few months to someone who worked out once or twice each week. This is saying a lot because of the crazy schedule I keep between being a single mother of three very active kids in their own activities, programs, and school functions. I also work to serve our nation in the armed forces, and I'm a nurse.
Juggling such chaos leads so many Americans straight to the drive-thrus for more meals than they're likely to want to admit. Our waistlines bulge, our health and appearance and energy levels are negatively impacted. We miss out on things we could be doing with our kids because we are just "too tired."
The beginning of the contest I am quoted as having written in my training log forum thread on the TTMembers site: "I cannot be 'too busy' to take care of myself anymore; I cannot eat mindlessly, I must focus on my health and be a good role model for my kids."
This mission statement, if you will, is quite the driving force behind the past twelve weeks. I had let my fitness and nutrition spiral out of control and I had put everyone's needs above myself. The medical professional (especially EMTs) are taught: Scene safety... if the medic gets hurt they cannot help anyone, not even themselves, and the mission has failed. If I cannot navigate the mindfield of life to make good choices for me, I may soon realize that I have shortened my lifespan and won't be there to help my kids, or see them have their babies.
The past 12 weeks only saw 5.8 pounds of weightloss. If the scale were the only quantifier to decide my success, I'd declare myself a failure. Of course thinking of it from a positive view... 6 pound loss is better than a six or more pound gain. The good news is, I took before and after pictures, and boy is a picture worth a thousand words! I took my body measurements and measured at 12 points on my body, my total inches lost was 21.75 and a 12.5% reduction in body fat.
My statistics go to show how we have become an instant gratification culture. I hadn't reached my ultimate body composition goal, I'm not at my goal weight, but with those numbers, I can't help but sit and reflect on just how far I truly have travelled on this path to total wellness.
I can't give enough thanks to Craig and his Turbulance Training program including the invaluable social support found on the fourms. I eagerly look forward to the next competition where I can continue to take my baby steps and learn and develop into the healthy person I know I am inside.

body part day 1 minus day 84 = total loss/gain
above chest 37 1/2 -36= -1 1/2
at chest 40 -38 1/2= -1 1/2
below chest 37 -34 = -3
natural waist 36 1/8 - 31 3/4= -4 3/8
belly button 42 1/2 - 37 = -5 1/2
hips 45 1/4- 43 1/2= -1 3/4
right arm 12 1/4 - 11 3/4= - 1/2
left arm 12 3/8 -12 = - 3/8
right thigh 28 1/2 - 27 1/4= -1 1/4
left thigh 27 3/4- 26 3/4= -1
right calf 15 1/2- 15 1/4 = - 1/4
left calf 16 - 15 1/4= - 3/4
body fat 45 = 32.5 = -12.5 %
body weight 187 - 181.2 = -5.8 pounds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTTC10FinalFront.jpg (62.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg TTTC10FinalBack.jpg (73.4 KB, 62 views)

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!

Last edited by northpolechick : 03-24-2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: fixed the photo issues, fixed grammar error.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:13 PM

Default What a great ride!

Stats

Weight: 195.6 to 182.8 (-12.8)
Neck: 16 to 15.25 (- .75)
Bicep Unflexed: 12.5 (same)
Wrist: 7.5 to 7 (- .5)
Chest: 40.5 to 42 (+ 1.5)
Waist: 39 to 34 (- 5) Yeah, I fit in my 33 inch jeans
Hips: 40 to 38 (- 2)
Thigh: 21.5 (same)
Calf: 14.5 to 14 (- .5)

Workouts

BW Bodybuilding, BW Bodybuilding 2.0 and BW 1000 2K10

I am 49 years old with a wife, 4 children and a diabetic. Each one provided me the motivation to enter into the contest. My diabetes makes me much more aware of the choices I make in life. From exercise to eating more healthy.

The past few months prior to the contest I let myself go somewhat (see before pic). I found myself reaching for more ice cream, more doughnuts, more bread, and more candy. My sugar was staying high and I felt terrible. The contest provided me not only motivation but also the accountability I needed to get back on track. It worked! Soon after my sugar levels began to come down. Oh, I need to share this as well. I had blood work 1 month prior to the contest. Sugar, Triglycerides, Cholesterol, and others were all high. A short time ago I had another test done. ALL LEVELS NORMAL.

Entering the contest my particular goal was not to bulk but gain strength, stability, and mobility (important at 49). That is why I picked the bodyweight workouts. I started out mustering only 3 pullups. A little over one month I was already up to 12. Using your body as resistance really does work.

Midway through the contest I had a major setback. I ended up getting pneumonia and a urinary tract infection that produced high fevers. I was sick for 15 days straight and could only do very little with the workouts. I tried but just did not have the strength to do all the sets. Even after I felt better I still felt weak and worn out. But little by little my strength was coming back. Still not back to where I was before getting sick.

This contest was a blessing to me. It made me more focused on making better decisions in my life. I want to say thank you Craig for changing my life in 3 months. Your diligence in providing these workouts and contest means so much to me. They have changed my life in every way. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before:Front.jpg (86.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Before:Side.jpg (83.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg After:Front.JPG (59.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg After:Side.JPG (68.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg After Bicep.JPG (62.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 PM

Default It's official... Deb's TTC10 Entry.

Deb's Essay.

Height: 1.55m
Body weight: start: 66.2kg finish: 62.6kg

Body measurements at start:

Neck: 34.5cm
Bicep (right): 28cm
Forearm (right): 23.5cm
Chest: 92cm
Waist: 81cm
Hips: 99.5cm
Thigh: 59cm
Calf (right): 33cm

Body measurements at end:

Neck: 34cm
Bicep: (right) 27.5cm
Forearm: (right) 22.5cm
Chest: 89cm
Waist: 77cm
Hips: 96.5cm
Thigh: 55cm
Calf: 33cm

It's been one year since I started to workout at home and with TT for 7 months. I spent a year before this going to a local gym and although there were some benefits, not major results and the time factor came into play so I was skipping sessions. I really want to blast this excess fat I've accumulated over the past 8 years which does happen to coincide with having babies and quitting smoking. In the end, it wasn't having babies or quitting smoking that did this. I was definitely over eating, making poor choices with foods and I didn't do any exercise.

I remember one of my Yoga teachers during a meditation talking about changing cycles, and how we create negative patterns. She mentioned looking at it's opposite, giving the negative its positive. So in this case, I can eat the right amount of food for my body, make good food choices and exercise. Sounds like a better road to be on to me. BUT.. it's not an easy road. It's hard work. To make these changes required my whole self and the willingess to create a new lifestyle. It also required a whole new learning curve and knowing that it's a process that takes time, so it also requires patience.

I've really connected with TT. Craig has not only developed butt kicking programs but a very positive community where all members can help each other. I really appreciate that Craig answers questions too. I also appreciate all the helpful advice, recipes and support from the TT members. This community is GOLD!!!

Workouts:

Bodyweight Cardio 3
Booty for Wife 1-4
Booty for Wife 5-8

I liked to mix up the interval portion by sometimes doing a bodyweight circuit instead. Sometimes I did this the day after the workout. I'm definitely feeling stronger as a result of these workouts. Not only stronger muscular, but from a cardiovascular point also. I notice that my energy levels are higher and combined with good nutrition, I'm becoming leaner... the fat is going!!

Nutrition:

Diet needed to be something I can live with. That's been my major nutrition goal. Good healthy food needs to be something I enjoy to make and enjoy to eat. The combination of good nutrition with exercise is making me healthy on the inside.

Clean healthy eating. I have enjoyed checking out lots of recipes to try out and for inspiration. Helpful places are from Isabel del los Rios, Mark's Daily Apple, Paleo Cookbooks, The Steamy Kitchen and reading chapter 10 of Mike Geary's "the truth about 6 pack abs" It's also been very inspiring to read at the beginning of Craig's TT workouts the good v bad food choices. I took the advice of others and weighed and tracked my food. This was a big help.

The kitchen is now a new creative outlet. I have some new herbs happy on my windowsill and my new best friend is coconut milk. There are almonds growing on the trees outside and in six months time they'll be picked and happy participants for more kitchen experiments for flour substitutes.

What Next?

Well, I can honestly say that I've been learning so much over this 12 weeks yet I feel it's just the tip of the ice berg. I look forward to more TT workouts, learn more about the body and nutrition and to be a healthy being. This is for life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front before.jpg (59.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg front after.jpg (71.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Side before .jpg (47.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg side after.jpg (83.2 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by debz0773 : 03-25-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 PM

Default more pics...

Here's a few more pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back before.jpg (87.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg back after.jpg (89.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg TT contest - 01.jpg (73.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg TT contest - 02.jpg (73.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Default Rachel's TC10 12 week entry :)

Craig: I changed some things with my essay but didn't totally re-write it. If that's not ok, let me know and I can do it from scratch. I wasn't sure...

My Entry:

It’s so hard to believe that 12 weeks have gone by! As I sit to write this essay, I am in disbelief of the changes I have seen in myself over the past 84 days. This says a lot about the programs Craig Ballantyne creates; they are well thought out, and while they are very challenging, I really enjoyed every single workout I completed. I came to TT being no stranger to working out. Before TT, I tried to go to the gym and do workouts, but I ended up several times with overuse injuries from long cardio sessions and weight overdoing my weight training. I lacked direction and I was so frustrated; I felt like what I was doing didn’t do any good because all I got out of it was tiredness and injury and I never saw any changes in my weight or body shape. Weight control had been easier when I was a few years younger (isn’t that true for everyone?) because I was naturally more active. I used to ride multiple horses every day, but that fell by the wayside as I went to college and then got a full time job working an hour away from home. Over the course of 5 years, I gained 35-40 pounds and lost all my energy. I was struggling with depression and lacking the drive to even get out of bed and face the day because I knew I would feel sluggish and worn down, no matter how much sleep I had gotten. I felt like such a hypocrite, being in the medical profession and telling people that it’s important to eat right and be active every day when I couldn’t even motivate myself to do it. What do healthcare workers do after telling a patient that? We eat fried food from the hospital cafeteria (seriously, I’m still amazed at the lack of healthy choices offered in a hospital cafeteria!) or we stop at a fast food burger joint on the way back from an EMS run, and justify it by saying “oh, I’m too busy taking care of others to really take care of me”. I finally decided that it wasn’t acceptable for me to not practice what I preach, so I set off looking for a better way to live and I found TT. I can’t say enough about Craig Ballantyne’s wonderful system and his dedication to his customers. He helped me greatly when I first started the program by picking a suitable workout for me and working around my previous injuries from a horseback riding accident and my overuse injuries from my well-meaning but definitely wasted time at the gym, and he has helped me pick workouts as I have progressed. Those who know me on the forums know that I keep a very hectic schedule; as a field Paramedic I often have trouble getting my planned meals at work and I don’t always get to the gym as planned. I’m here to say that no matter what your schedule is like, TT can work for you! I’m living proof that despite a long commute, difficult hours and an odd schedule, following TT and a reasonable diet (like The Diet Solution Program by Isabel De Los Rios) 90 percent of the time will yield amazing results. Sure, I was a skeptic when I first found the program, thinking it may be an internet scam, wondering what made it different from what I’d already tried and wondering if it would work for ME and my unique needs; after all, I don’t have much time to commit to exercising, right? Don’t let that deter you- during the past 12 weeks, I have had a birthday (and the food that goes along with it), Valentine’s day (Ditto), late nights at work with fast food runs and missed gym time, and a 10 day trip out of the state and country to a place where I literally had no control over the health value of my food. Regardless of all this, I have had amazing results. After only 14 weeks total of TT and 12 weeks in the contest, I can tell you that the 40 USD I spent on the Turbulence Training package was by far the best investment in my health and fitness I have ever made. The support from Craig and the forums is amazing, and I know without everyone on the forums I wouldn’t have been nearly as successful as I was. I’m looking forward to continuing on my fitness journey with the help of Craig and the support of those on the TT forums, but more importantly I am looking forward to the rest of my life with all my new-found energy and improved fitness. Here’s to practicing what we preach!
Programs used:
TT for Beginners
TT Intermediate
optional Abs 1000 Challenge
TT for Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks

Diet Followed:
The Diet Solution Program by Isabel De Los Rios

Stats:
Height: 5’4’’
Measurement area: Start/End/Change
Weight: 149.7/124.5/ -25.2 lbs
Bust: 40’’/33’’/ -7’’
Ribcage: 33’’/27.5’’/-5.5’’ (wow! This one is crazy impressive to me!! My bras don’t have a roll anymore!)
Waist (navel): 34’’/24’’/-10’’
Waist (widest): 36’’/26’’/-10’’
Hips: 41’’/36.5’’/-4.5’’
Right Thigh: 26’’/22.5’’/-3.5’’
Left Thigh: 25.5’’/22.5’’/-3’’
Right Arm: 12’’/11’’/-1’’
Left Arm: 12’’/11’’/-1’’
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day1front.jpg (71.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Day84front1.jpg (83.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Day84front2.jpg (85.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Day1back.jpg (55.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg day84back.jpg (76.3 KB, 36 views)

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998

Last edited by firemedicrr : 03-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 PM

Default More Pics :)

The side pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day1side.jpg (48.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Day84side1.jpg (53.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Day84side2.jpg (53.5 KB, 36 views)

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 AM

Default Gerry's TC10 Entry

For those who like to skip to the end, here’s a summary of my results at the start and end of 12 weeks:
Weight: 185 lb (now 165 lb)

In inches (current)
Neck 16 (16)
Shoulder 49 (47)
Chest 42.5 (39)
Waist around navel 37 (29.65)

Right Arm
Upper 14 (13)

Right Leg
Upper 23 (22)
Lower 15 (15)
Workouts:
TT2K6, TT2K5 and the Buff Dudes Hot Chicks Workout

This would not have been possible without proper nutrition and training courtesy of Turbulence Training. Craig Ballantyne and the forum members have my undying gratitude!
I started this contest on Jan 02 2011 thanks to encouragement from Clare on the forum and my goals were to lose fat for the first 8 weeks and gain some muscle as well during the rest. Well, for the first 7 weeks, things went pretty smoothly. I was in control of my diet (slow carb for six days followed by a cheat day) with 24 hour fasts once or twice a week . The training was all laid out in the program, all I had to do was follow it without thinking too much which was great. In fact what I was enjoying was that I didn’t have to analyse things too much, just following the diet and the training was resulting in the weight dropping and that was when the unexpected happened.

I had to return to Malaysia for four weeks for a family related issue and it was a real challenge to continue eating properly amidst the good food and gatherings of family and friends. It was tough but using the tools that I had (regular fasting, listening to my body, avoiding calorie dense foods) I was able to adjust my diet while I was there and still managed to lose about 4 lbs during the trip.

One of the best parts of Turbulence Training is the emotional support I have gotten on the forums. It’s really tough to go down this path alone while so many around you are eating the way you used to before and one of my friends here in Australia and the members of the forum gave me strength at times when I needed it.

The thing that surprised and gladdened me the most has been how much influence seeing my transformation has had on the people around me. Seeing me and the change I have undergone has been an influence on a number of people to eat properly and start exercising. It’s simple but not necessarily easy and it’s helpful to be able to talk to people on the same journey as you are. It feels good to have a positive effect on peoples’ lives.

My cholesterol levels are normal for the first time in 20 years, my waist is smaller than it has ever been as an adult and I feel good. I like the person I have. I finally feel like this part of my life is being managed and it’s up to me to decide where I want to take this.

Both outwardly and inwardly, a real and positive transformation has taken place in me. People have been saying that I now look 10 years younger and I like it!
Without Turbulence Training, none of this would have been possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Potential 1.jpg (71.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Potential 5.jpg (40.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Jan 02 Front 2.jpg (49.6 KB, 48 views)

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver

Last edited by gesunelson : 03-27-2011 at 08:38 AM.