TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
I just saw your entry in the comp and it couldn't have been a better way to start the weekend. Neil, the differences are amazing, mate! You actually look younger in the after photos.

I know the struggles and challenges you've faced and I'm really happy for you, man! I can't wait to see your 12 week progress shots.

Really, really, really well done!!!
Thanks Man.

Gerry, I look at your photos and I see you where I was probably a couple of years ago. Stick with it man. Youre on that journey now, and its never a quick fix. I've cycled through the doubts like "I'm getting too thin, I have to put on muscle" (which previously ended up as more fat) or "I'm so flabby, I've got to cut down, but I dont want to be scrawny"!!!

Honestly, I've been there too....

It doesnt help when alll the blogs and stuff say you must be a certain weight and a certain body fat %age. I know youre into Adonis Effect so I can say this to you. Compare you to you. Were doing that right now.

Its time to be happy as who we are. Not who someone else says we should be wouldnt you say!!!

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
It doesnt help when alll the blogs and stuff say you must be a certain weight and a certain body fat %age. I know youre into Adonis Effect so I can say this to you. Compare you to you. Were doing that right now.

Its time to be happy as who we are. Not who someone else says we should be wouldnt you say!!!
Wise words, my friend and ones I need to keep reminding myself of every so often.

The information and experiences here and on the Adonis forums/interviews have proven extremely enlightening in terms of setting expectations of how fast changes occur and what to expect. I do know that the changes, however subtle they may appear, are certainly happening.

The main thing is that we have a working plan and the tools and resources (by this, I'm certainly including the support from all at the forum) to make adjustments if necessary. I think this is the key to long term sustainability.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 02-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Congratulations on finishing the workout! That's fantastic - it's sounds like you're making some great progress there. I know we can't control where we lose fat from but as the number of areas with fat reduces, there's fewer and fewer places to lose it from and you pretty much know.

I'm in the same position as you - the fat is on the belly and lower back so that's where it has to come from. I tend to believe John Barban that there's nothing special about that so-called "last 10 pounds" - it goes at the same rate as the rest but you don't really notice it as much.
All I can say right now is "Thank You So Much". We will see how I progress. Lactic Acid style workouts have been effective these last couple of weeks. You might want to try that Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfeinstein View Post
Saw your 6 week post, very impressive. I could say something like 'you don't have any flab above your lower abs' and I believe that, but we both know that what we see for ourselves is all that matters. That said, whatever your continued progress, you are going to be RIPPED!
Ditto above Adam

Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Default Yesterday was emotional

I hope I'm not the only one who had an emotional day yesterday.

So many people here have commented on my pictures with positive words of support and encouragement. I know its a cliche but "You've come a long way, baby"!!!

I decided to post the mini-photo album in Facebook and have had 3 positive comments on there from schoolfriends. I even posted my affiliate TT link for the contest on the album!!! I dont know about placing in the final pages but if I can tell my story there, it will help me help others make the changes I've done these last few weeks.

The day was one of celebration, and I enjoyed what was left of my rum and a couple of vodkas with lime juice. Lydia (my 5 year old daughter) looked through the competition entries. My ex-wife (her mum) suffers from a pretty rare heart condition. Fortunately, its not genetic, and she already has a taste for sport, doing gymnastics, and she is also taking swimming lessons. My hope for her is that she looks after body and doesnt dwell in contented appathy the way I used to.

I then posted on a few peoples threads. Before I knew it it was 2am!!!!!!!!!! I didnt get up until nearly 9:00 this morning. Usually we are out of the house by then to drive over to Shifnal for Lydi's gymnastics class. It was cancelled today. Just as well!!!!

And so, the last 6 weeks starts for me today. I had a certain workout in mind. More on that later.

And back to the slow carb diet. 4 scrambled whole eggs + half a tin of green lentils with a small amount of curry powder with lime juice and hempseed oil dressing for breakfast, 2 salmon fillets + broad beans/peas & tomato and cucumber with another oil/balsamic vinegar for lunch.

So for the workout I've chosen which is March 2009 Madness. Workout A today. A 7 exercise bodyweight circuit + 4 exercise ab circuit and bodyweight squats for five mins (I did 167 today, aiming to increase that week on week). I'm expecting quite sore abs with another set of stability ball cross body mountain climbers. This for me, has to be one of the hardest ever ab exercise.

I decided not to fast today, my supper was a rump steak with chestnut mushrooms and a yellow pepper. I've opened the 2 mini bottles of red wine too. Enjoying them nice and slow.

I've got a busy week next week. Month end sales to invoice, the dentists, school parents evening. Its totally going to screw my usual schedule up!!! But I am prepared. thats part of why I chose the workout I have. I'm going to have to go in early to make up time for my dentist appointment, the time I usually workout. So having my workout B as what it is so that I dont have to worry about fighting for benches and dumbells etc etc eases my worries an increases my compliance.

Its good to have a strategy for the things that are likely to throw you.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do on my off day tomorrow. I've not taken a walk up the Wrekin since November. I usually take on per month at least once the winter weather eases and so I think the time is right. Hopefully it will be fine tomorrow. Getting those timberlands ready in anticipation!!! Also toying with the idea of getting the gym rings out. Its been a while since I used mine so I think I'd get some benefit from doing some work with them. Or maybe do some max strength work, been a while since I last did any. Heavy deadlifts or squats on the smith machine and weighted negative pull ups. I dont know we will see. or I could just do nothing. Its a rest day.

Until next post.... Looking forward to seeing some more competition entries

Old 02-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Fantastic work Neil!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:08 PM

Awesome work so far Neil! Your photos show every ounce of hard work! 6 weeks has flown eh? I'm amazed at what you can accomplish with 6 weeks of TT workouts. Can't wait to see your pics after another 6!

Ali
Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:

Agreed with Gerry on this- those are some wise words

Quote:
All I can say right now is "Thank You So Much". We will see how I progress. Lactic Acid style workouts have been effective these last couple of weeks. You might want to try that Gerry
What are Lactic Acid Style workouts? Are they just workouts that are so intense and anaerobic that you're pushed your muscles into mostly anaerobic glycolysis(metabolism) and its resulting lactic acid production? (I realize I'm being kinda nerdy by bringing biochem into this - sorry)
Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Agreed with Gerry on this- those are some wise words

What are Lactic Acid Style workouts? Are they just workouts that are so intense and anaerobic that you're pushed your muscles into mostly anaerobic glycolysis(metabolism) and its resulting lactic acid production? (I realize I'm being kinda nerdy by bringing biochem into this - sorry)
This is something I've taken out of the extreme fat loss diet exercise program (John Romaniello says the production of lactic acid is conducive to producing growth hormone), and so supposedly increases fat burning. I'm no science person so not really well up on those sort of things but...

Basically its the reversing the tempo of the rep. Instead of lifting the weight quickly and lower under control, lift the weight slowly (3 to 4 seconds) and lower quickly, but still under control.

I only tend to do this for lower body, it doesnt seem to have as much effect on upper body exercises for me as I only tend to feel the effect in my arms and not the muscle I'm targetting to work. I would say the most intense exercise I've found for it is bulgarian split squats. If going to higher reps (say 12 to 15) my legs are usually stinging by about 8.

Give it a try and see how it works

Old 02-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Default Off day activities

Carling Cup Final day. I wont talk any more about that. Very very dissappointing for the second year in a row.

Went for a window shop in town and then did some high weight strength work, and
had my bodyfat taken bioimpedance method. The last time it was done was back in November, pleased to say it was down by 5%. Good result :-)

Squats maxed at 3 reps of 150kg (PB is 5X5 160kg)
Rack pulls on the smith machine 8 reps of 100kg. Didnt really enjoy this exercise, I must admit I'd rather have just done deadlifts
Wide grip pull ups 10 @ bodyweight, 8 @ bw+5kg, 5 @ bw+10kg and 5 negative reps @ bw+20kg.

Having a full rest day tomorrow. I think I've done a lot of work to the lats today.

Food wise - eggs and lentils for breakfast, a quick creatine and protein shake before the gym, chicken and black eye beans salad, and just had cod, french beans and cauli with chilli & cumin lime and hemp seed oil & lime dressing.

Going to enjoy my rest day. Also looking forward to seeing who's made the short list. Fingers crossed.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:21 AM

Good luck Neil... !! Thanks for the BW tips in my thread.. you are right, the results do speak for themselves!! Cheers, Deb