TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Talking I'm now being smarter - And getting results

I've decided not to post on my previous thread for the contest. Now I'm 6 weeks in and got so far, the title just seems so negative! So I've started this one!!!

The mini contest entry has been posted. I woke up early even though I'm taking a day off work to look after my daughter for the last day of the school half term holidays. I was pretty damned excited really. I'd left my alarm on for usual time (5:15am), but I turned it off and for the first time in ages, I slept with the light on. When I next woke it was 7am.

Yesterday was the last workout day for me in the 6 week mini contest, and today, the final day, is a diet cheat day. But there was no way I was going to have a cheat day breakfast just yet; there was important business to be done. MY TRANSFORMATION CONTEST MEASUREMENTS AND PHOTOS!!!

I weighed myself and was pleasantly surprised to have dropped 2lb in 4 days. I took my measurements and couldnt believe that my waist measurement had dropped by half an inch.

I took a quick walk over the shop to get a paper ready for my photos. Coming back I still couldnt believe my waist measurement so I had to take it again. I must have really been exhaling as this time it was 31.5". But I decided the larger measurement "must be right" so that is what I've posted to take account of any errors. I then did my photos.

I've taken photos of my physique before, more than just for contests, so that I can assess where I'm at, especially for the posterior side that I just cant assess properly by a mirror. I am amazed at my back photos. My upper back just looks so much leaner, and I'm really getting that "V" torso or "X" shaped body (thats what Roman refers to in his blog). I know my back photo is a bit of a pose, but it just shows what the work on my posterior chain has achieved.

3 years ago, I would never have attempted trying a pull up or chin up, they were for the gifted meatheads, and I was just overweight and out of shape despite the fact I had lost 2 stone in 18 months. I thought I would look silly even trying. During this contest, I tried to see how many chin ups I could do. I hit 17 reps and stopped at that, even though I felt I still had a couple of reps left in the tank.

I'm now lean, and people in the gym are noticing who I am and asking me if I'm a fitness instructor or something! Unbelievable.

I've only lost 11lb in 6 weeks. There are people in the contest who are a lot more out of shape than I am, and I feel quite humble compared to them. At 5'9" I actually would like to weigh about 7lb more than what I started the contest at. But it is important to me to burn off the fat as in the past, I have put whatever fat back on (maybe not all of it, but a lot of it for sure) when I've tried to build muscle. I know what the cause of that was, and when the time is right for me to build muscle, I will have to show the same diligence and discipline I've shown in burning fat.

I'm amazed by the results that the regular posters (myself included) have achieved. We can all be amazingly proud of what we've achieved these last 6 short weeks. And boy, they have been short and have passed quickly!

Today has been a fun day for me; no workout to think about, taking my daughter swimming, playing on the X-box kinect and making pizza from scratch. I have a bit of morgans spiced rum left over from Xmas/New Year and today is the last day to finish it. So I am.

The relaxation ends tonight. 6 more weeks of hard work start again tomorrow. I'm not sure if it will be a TT day. I still have to decide what my next programme is going to be yet!!!

When I'm writing my next 6 week reflection, I expect I will be close to finally getting rid of that little bit of stomach fat that is still pissing me off. I've come a long way. The plateau that I hit was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me from a fat loss perspective.

I thought I was doing things right. I was kidding myself! The plateau forced me to reassess my diet and lifestyle. My only vices are alcohol and a sweet tooth. But they arent beyond control. That has been the difference. The choice to be in control or to be a victim of circumstance. I've made my choice. I wasnt getting results because I was choosing not to take responsibility for alcohol. I believe that life shouldnt be miserable and should be fun. But there comes a time when you have to make sacrifices.

I've now found a nutrition plan where I can eat to lose fat, and still enjoy a couple of glasses of red wine if I so desire. I've regained control of something that was out of control before and causing me guilt.

So the 6 week contest has come and passed.

I'm not what you would call a "completer-finisher". But I've finished the 6 weeks. Now its time to finish the 12 weeks.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Congratulations on great results so far! You're looking great and I'm sure many guys in their 20's would be jealous of you!

And I'm glad you made a new thread A new thread for the new you!

Nice reflections too, and wonderful that you have gained control over your diet and how you drink. Control is key, and I believe that seeing the changes you have it might not feel as such a sacrifice to be in control either Am I right?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:24 PM

Wink thank you Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaki View Post
Congratulations on great results so far! You're looking great and I'm sure many guys in their 20's would be jealous of you!

And I'm glad you made a new thread A new thread for the new you!

Nice reflections too, and wonderful that you have gained control over your diet and how you drink. Control is key, and I believe that seeing the changes you have it might not feel as such a sacrifice to be in control either Am I right?
You can also be proud of what you have achieved too.

I do feel much more in control and control is of course all about choice.

I dont know about jealous Eva. I'm now sculpting a body I can be proud of.

I've kept the contest to myself so far. Lets see if I get nominated.... I'm not expecting to but if I do, I will no doubt, go public, and see how much support I can drum up.

You've said some very touching words there, and I'm very grateful.

Many thanks to you.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Congrats on your results so far! Great progress!

And I like the new thread title
Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Congrats on your results so far! Great progress!

And I like the new thread title
Thank you thank you thank you.

My daughter loves your photos. They made us both smile.

Good luck tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:29 PM

Default Congrats!

Hey Neil

Awesome results! I mean your muscles are so well defined. You must be doing something right!

As for the 'pooch of fat', I cannot see any at all. When/if I hit a plateau i will be coming straight to you for advice. Well done on sticking with it and breaking through your plateau. It really paid off, as they say patience is a virtue.

Good luck with the next 6wks. May they be just as successful as your first 6.
I have a feeling you will rock!

(I noticed you are posting here now so I copied this over)
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 PM

Default TY so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hey Neil

Awesome results! I mean your muscles are so well defined. You must be doing something right!

As for the 'pooch of fat', I cannot see any at all. When/if I hit a plateau i will be coming straight to you for advice. Well done on sticking with it and breaking through your plateau. It really paid off, as they say patience is a virtue.

Good luck with the next 6wks. May they be just as successful as your first 6.
I have a feeling you will rock!

(I noticed you are posting here now so I copied this over)
Thank you Gillian . I was just going to tell you that!!!

Honestly, its there. Thank you for not noticing lol!!!

I wasnt going to but I posted my mini album on facebook. I wasnt going to but hey, what the hell!!! I'm in so far!!! I cant possibly get out now!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
Thank you Gillian . I was just going to tell you that!!!

Honestly, its there. Thank you for not noticing lol!!!

I wasnt going to but I posted my mini album on facebook. I wasnt going to but hey, what the hell!!! I'm in so far!!! I cant possibly get out now!!!
I think you a major contender for the contest. Go you putting it on facebook.

I have told 1 girl in work about the contest and showed her my before and after pics. She's a close friend and she was very impressed so that was a good boost.
As for the rest of the world I'm not sure if I'm ready for that just yet!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 PM

I just saw your entry in the comp and it couldn't have been a better way to start the weekend. Neil, the differences are amazing, mate! You actually look younger in the after photos.

I know the struggles and challenges you've faced and I'm really happy for you, man! I can't wait to see your 12 week progress shots.

Really, really, really well done!!!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
I think you a major contender for the contest. Go you putting it on facebook.

I have told 1 girl in work about the contest and showed her my before and after pics. She's a close friend and she was very impressed so that was a good boost.
As for the rest of the world I'm not sure if I'm ready for that just yet!
I don't know Gillian, "Major Contender"? There are other people with far more fat to lose than me. But now I'm in this far it's pretty much all I can think about!!! Does that ring true for you?!!!!

Josh and Gerry have just started their journeys, and they both have made amazing changes. I've been on mine for years. I think they will place quite highly and if I make the final page along side them, well I'd be happy at that.

Its not about that for me really though. The comments and praise are very flattering. I'm quite a modest person, but I know how hard that we've all worked.

To come so far on a journey like this, well, I wouldnt have got here without going back to TT members.

And I feel like even though were all posting our progress on the net, we are all in it together and "know" each other. ITs the support I've got from you, and a lot of the other people you mention that really has made a hell of a lot of difference!