TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 PM

Default Day 6 - skinny jeans back in action!

I got on the scales at the gym today and my weight is going down. I had a small victory as I wore a pair of skinny jeans today that if I'm honest have never really been comfortable. I bought them thinking I'll fit into those one day and now I do. woop woop! Like seriously last week they were sooooo uncomfortable. Also i keep getting compliants in work. The girls are all lovely anyway but I am loving what this contest has done for me so far!

I aimed to do workout B from 2K6 today but I still ache from workout A that I did on Tuesday. So instead I did intervals on the treadmill. This was a struggle! My fitness has really declined while being sick. But it's all good as I have plenty to improve on over the next 12 weeks. I just did what Craig advises and really brought the speed down for my recovery in between the intervals.

Food today
Breakfast - 1/2 greek yoghurt, raisins, banana, brazil nuts
Snack - houmous, celery and yellow pepper
Lunch - Chicken and vegetable stew, apple
Dinner - thai green chicken curry, courgette, mushrooms, pepper with quinoa - (fthis was the first time I have tried quinoa. I really liked it with the curry. So delicious. Glad I made enough for tomorrow night also) pineapple

From fit day comes to approx 1518kcals
Exercise - burned approx 300kcals
therefore today = approx 1200kcals.

Hope my arms and back have recovered tomorrow so I can tackle workout B. Bring it on!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-21-2011, 10:19 AM

Awww yes, I think fitting into old jeans is like the best reward ever! I have a pair of fornarina jeans that have never really fitted. Got my body into them at the end of the last contest, although still a way from wearing them with a t-shirt or something. They are very low rise!

Glad you liked quinoa. It's so nice, and it soaks up flavours really well. I eat it all the time now
Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Awww yes, I think fitting into old jeans is like the best reward ever! I have a pair of fornarina jeans that have never really fitted. Got my body into them at the end of the last contest, although still a way from wearing them with a t-shirt or something. They are very low rise!

Glad you liked quinoa. It's so nice, and it soaks up flavours really well. I eat it all the time now
Yeah getting into skinny jeans is great feeling.

I really liked quinoa. Would be gret to try more new foods. Any suggestions? I will scour other peoples food diarys for inspiration. I like Craigs' idea of trying a new fruit and veg every week. I do tend to eat the same things.

Plans for weekend?
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM

Default End of week 1

Week 1 down. Roll on week 2.

Did workout B from 2K6 today

Workout B
1A) DB Split Squat (8 reps)
1B) Stability Ball Rollout (10 reps)
2A) DB RDL (8 reps)
2B) DB Push Press (6 reps)
3A) DB Squat (12 reps)
3B) Stability Ball Jackknife (15 reps)
3C) Side Bridge (45 seconds)

Was tough as legs are pretty sore from intervals yesterday (which I did as I was too sore from workout A to do workout B). Got through it just about!

Food today

Breakfast - 1 tbspn cashew butter, banana
Snack - 1/2 greek yoghurt, 20g raisins
Lunch -chicken and veg stew, apple
Sneaky Mocha light (184 kcals)
Snack - light cheese, 8 cherry tomatoes
Dinner - thai chicken curry, quinoa
some pineapple and cherries for dessert

From fitday.com = approx 1600kcals.

Bit too much fruit and a mocha light. 100 kcals over today but gym workout and active day so hopefully balanced out. We'll see weigh in tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Awww yes, I think fitting into old jeans is like the best reward ever! I have a pair of fornarina jeans that have never really fitted. Got my body into them at the end of the last contest, although still a way from wearing them with a t-shirt or something.
I just got a pair of skinny jeans as well The waist is very snug right now but in 8 weeks they'll be loose. Well, that's positive thinking anyway

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
I got on the scales at the gym today and my weight is going down. I had a small victory as I wore a pair of skinny jeans today that if I'm honest have never really been comfortable. I bought them thinking I'll fit into those one day and now I do. woop woop! Like seriously last week they were sooooo uncomfortable. Also i keep getting compliants in work. The girls are all lovely anyway but I am loving what this contest has done for me so far!
Congratulations! That is such an excellent indication of your progress so far. I have a pair of jeans in the closet too that I really want to be completely comfy by the end of the contest. Here's to us all fitting into our skinny jeans by the end of 12 weeks!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 AM

Congratulations with the skinny jeans Isn't that just the best feeling? Maybe in a few weeks they'll even be loose on you
Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
Here's to us all fitting into our skinny jeans by the end of 12 weeks!
Oh, wouldn't that be just fabulous? Yes, everyone here should make this their goal. And there's something so much more affirming about fitting into clothes than there is to the seeing the numbers on the scale or the calipers or the tape measure drop!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Oh, wouldn't that be just fabulous? Yes, everyone here should make this their goal. And there's something so much more affirming about fitting into clothes than there is to the seeing the numbers on the scale or the calipers or the tape measure drop!
Absolutely!
I left my skinniest pair at my parents house in norway this summer though because I thought I'd never fit back into them... maybe I'll have to ask them to send them over :P

I did take before pics in some waaay to tight jeans though, and I have a feeling some more women on here did too?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
I just got a pair of skinny jeans as well The waist is very snug right now but in 8 weeks they'll be loose. Well, that's positive thinking anyway
I think clothes are a great measure of your success. You will definately fit into those jeans. I have faith! Hang them up so you see them everyday for extra motivation. I have a dress that I might do the same with. I really want to wear it again and look hot! Visualisation all the way!