TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Default I'm in!

So the good news is I'm feeling much better after my flu episode and just in time to join TC10! I went back to the doctor to get the go ahead for entering. She said I can begin exercising again next week but I might find I can't do as much as normal. So I will start off slowly and really listen to how I'm feeling when it comes to the TT workouts.

Day 1 - I walked to the shops for my newspaper and to stock up on healthy grub to get me started. I have attached the before photos (cringe!) so hopefully that has worked.

I will go to boots to get an accurate measurement of my weight and body fat percentage tomorrow.
On 08/01/2011 I was 68kg (weighed at the doctors surgery)

Today 14/01/2010 I measured the following

Chest = 38 inches
Waist = 34.5 inches
Hips = 37 inches
Thigh = 20.5 inches
Arm = 10.5 inches

My goals are as follows

Weight = 60 kg / 9 stone 7lbs/ 133lbs
To work up to 3 TT workouts and 3 interval sessions per week
To try classes on off days such as yoga/pilates
To motivate those around me to eat healthy foods and exercise more

I will base my eating habits on the Diet Solution by Isabel de los Rios.
1500kcals/ day
90% healthy eating 10% treat meals
Plan treats. Stay on track at weekends. Avoid alcohol.

I am starting with TT2k6 next week (as I have been working my way through the workouts in the manual as this is where I have got to).

I will also log my meals onto fitday.com each day. See below for today.

http://fitday.com/fitness/FoodLog.ht...ate=1294963200.

I notice the food is American so if I can't find a food where possible I will try to find the best substitute. For example today I had two light babybels (light cheese) so I just put this in as american cheddar. I know the calorie content so I will just try to make this match up. I have weighing scales also so I can weigh foods in the beginning to keep me on track.

I think thats pretty much everything for now. I'm excited to get started. I know I won't be going flat out with the workouts straight away but hopefully after a week or two I will be back to normal.

So good luck to everyone who has started TC10. I am loving reading all your threads already. Thanks for keeping me motivated when I wasn't well. I am looking foward to the journey that lies ahead.

Gillian xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0423.JPG (63.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0424.JPG (49.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0425.JPG (51.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0426.JPG (58.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0428.JPG (50.1 KB, 19 views)
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'

Last edited by GillianM : 01-14-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Yay, glad you're feeling better and ready to join in! 2K6 is good. Sore but good Just take it easy and you'll soon get back to full speed.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 PM

Yay from me too!!! Good to see yoiu here! Like you said, take it easy! I was like you in my last TT contest, (I was in #4), finished slower rather than started slower (due to an injury), but I still had results...see my post on page 3 of the finals thread there (I went by canuckgal then). So, you can do this!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 PM

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and will be joining the contest! Good luck with your transformation!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Default Lets get this party started!

Thanks for the encourgement guys. It's great to get started. I see what you mean Tina, life really can get it the way.

Today I did some shopping. Well I have to build up to a TT work out some how. lol.
Seriously though found it tiring and had to have a wee seat before my journey home. I enjoyed a great pinapple, passionfruit and apple juice while I read my book. I checked it was just fruit that went into the juice and watched the guy make it. Well if I can't get stuck into the exercising just yet I am being extra fussy with the food I'm eating!

So also today I did my offical weigh in

Weight = 146lbs (66.6kg)
Body fat = 24.5%

Goal is to be 133lbs by end of the TC10
so 13lbs to lose

Goal also to get below 20% body fat

I know I can do it!

Food today

Breakfast - mushrom omelette, 1 rye cracker, houmous, 4 cherry tomatoes
Snack - banana, 2 babybel (light cheese)
Snack - pinapple, passionfruit and apple juice
1 rye cracker and houmous
DInner - chicken, mushrooms, yellow pepper, courgette, wholewheat noodles
Snack - apple, 1 tablespoon cashew butter (might have this later)

According to fit day this comes to 1517kcals.

Good luck everyone with your weight loss journeys!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 PM

I'm glad to see you back!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Default farmers market and new recipe

Thanks Heather. It's great to be back!

So today I decided to try a recipe from the diet solution to have for my lunches this week at work. It was supposed to be turkey stew but it's now chicken stew. lol. I tweaked it slightly depending on the ingredients I had and could find.
I went to a wee farmers market in Brixton. They were closing up so got some veggies (leeks, carrots, onions) for a real bargain. I will be going back there.

I also planned breakfasts, dinners and snacks so I am well stocked up for the week ahead. I'm actually looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. I will see how I feel and whether I could hit the gym tomorrow night or might leave it until wed after a few days back at work.
Anyway, I think my housemates think I'm a bit mad as I have soooooo much veggies in the fridge lol. Hopefully I will convert some of them to my way of thinking soon.

Food today

Breakfast - omelette, courgette and mushrooms
snack - hummus, red pepper
Lunch - 3 rye crackers, hummus, 5 cherry tomatoes, some pineapple
Dinner - prawns, mushroom, courgette, pepper, wholewheat noodles, reduced sodium soy sauce, lime juice, garlic (I am going to have this soon)

From fit day - comes to approx 1300kcals.

Here's to a great week ahead to all fellow TTers!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:23 PM

Good grub! I wish there was a farmer's market near here... We just did our shop so the fridge is full of veg too. Always looks so good and healthy!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Default Day 4

So I went back to work today after the flu. Feeling back to normal. More energy etc. I think the healthy eating is helping me to recover also.

So I've packed my gym bag to hit th gym straight after work and tackle my first TT workout of TC10. I'm looking forward to it.

Food today

Breakfast - 1/2 greek yoghurt, raisins, flaked almonds.
Snack -banana, yoghurt
Lunch- home made chicken and vegetable stew
Snack - Skinny mocha, apple
Dinner - wholewheat noodles, courgette, pepper, mushrooms, prawns, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce (reduced salt)
Snack - pinapples

From fitday.com = just over 1500kcals.

Going well : )
Old 01-18-2011, 04:41 AM

Hi Gillian

hope you are on the mend, I have just been trying to catch up on posts as been away on hols for a week so no internet or pc access.

have had a quick read of your posts and noticed your comment about fit day and the american foods. I live in NZ, but am originally from the UK and struggled with fit day, but last contest I used myfitnesspal.com and I found that really really good.

It's a little bit tedious at first finding the correct foods to add to your diary, but once added they remain there so you can just go back and add them for the next day, or whenever next time you eat them. It saves them in most recent, or most used list so you can just tick and add.

I found this site better for me as it had a lot of UK brands I was familiar with and also some NZ and OZ ones which we have out here.

Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me. I know a couple of other people on here used it too, in fact it was recommended by this another TTer.

I also finished the last contest with an injury which I still have so am starting this contest slowly with a modified TT workout. Once my wrist if fully recovered I will find a TT workout that I can do and go from there.

I flumped out on conteast #8 so don't worry about not making it first time around, really sounds like you are in the right head space this time, #9 really worked for me, I was placed 3rd in 6 week contest and 2nd in 12 week contest, so keep up the great work and positive attitude, it really helps

Cheers for now Katie