TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 AM

Great to see you back Heather and I have no doubt you will have another great contest.

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Thanks, Waleed!

Day 2
I need to do a quick update today. So much to do for work and it's already 9:30 at night! Thankfully, it's not needed for tomorrow but I probably won't get the time during the day to work on it tomorrow and it is needed for the day afterwards.

Workout:
After taking a week off from phase 2 of the 6-month body weight manual, I'm back into it today. Since I had already done 'A' in week 3 (last Monday) today I did workout 'B'.

Circuit
1) Prisoner Squat – 12 repetitions
• No rest.
2) Jumping Jacks – 50 repetitions
• No rest.
3) X-Over Step-up – 10 repetitions per side
• No rest.
4) Plank– 60 second hold
• No rest.
5) Side Plank – 30 second hold per side
• No rest.
6) Pushup – 30 repetitions (did 5 + 25; 5 + 20; 7 +7 -- regular + kneeling. I was beat by the third set today)
• No rest.
7) Siff Squat – 25 repetitions
• No rest.
8) Stability Ball Jackknife – 12 repetitions (did 15, 12, 12 - misread the paper 1st round)
• No rest.
9) Mountain Climber – 15 repetitions per side
• No rest.
10) Chin-up – 10 repetitions (2 + 8, 3 + 7, 3 + 7 -- regular w/ a hop up + eccentric)
• Rest 1 minute before repeating the circuit 2 more times.

Ran for intervals - did 1'/1' @ '8' x 6 + 5'/5' warm-up/cool-down
This wasn't the listed intervals, but I thought this was a better choice than '9' for 45 sec for my first time out of the gate after my hamstring pull.

Nutrition good today; got veggies and/or fruit in at every meal and actually had 2 snacks instead of lunch today (wasn't hungry @ lunch time).

Doing ESE tonight to tomorrow night.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM

First day back at work and I had my son with me for several hours since they called off school early in anticipation of snow and ice. It's not arrived yet and now it's 4:00 pm, an hour after normal school dismissal time. I guess they were looking to not repeat the fiasco of 2005 when they had kids stuck at school overnight since ice quickly ice accumulated on the road surfaces. I think it will be a mess tomorrow, though - ice; I'd much prefer snow.

I have a few hours left in my fast. It's been pretty easy since I've been so busy today...but I've been very thirsty.

I'm off in a little while to take my 2-year-old to his swim lesson.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
First day back at work and I had my son with me for several hours since they called off school early in anticipation of snow and ice. It's not arrived yet and now it's 4:00 pm, an hour after normal school dismissal time. I guess they were looking to not repeat the fiasco of 2005 when they had kids stuck at school overnight since ice quickly ice accumulated on the road surfaces. I think it will be a mess tomorrow, though - ice; I'd much prefer snow.
They did the same thing here-though we didn't get anything till later in the day either. Now it's just ice and school is closed again...I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in to work today or have to work at home again. I'm with you! I much prefer the snow. The neighborhood streets look like a skating rink!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 PM

Day 4 ... 1-11-11

6-mo BW manual phase 2 week 3, workout C

Circuit
1) Cross Crawl – 15 repetitions per side
• No rest.
2) Multi-Directional Lunge – 9 repetitions per side
• No rest.
3) Inverted Row – 10 repetitions (did 10, 10, 12 - forgot amount on last set, did too many!)
• No rest.
4) Split Squat – 12 repetitions per side (did Bulgarian split squats)
• No rest.
5) Feet on Ball Pushup – 15 repetitions (ugh; but did them all )
• No rest.
6) 1-Leg Deadlift – 10 repetitions per side
• No rest.
7) Chop – 12 repetitions per side
• No rest.
8) Assisted or Regular Pull-ups – 8 repetitions (did 2+6, 1+7, 1+3+4 = regular w/ hop up + eccentrics for 1st 2 sets; on 3rd set = regular w/ hop up + husband assist + eccentrics) - never done a pull-up unassisted before today.
• No rest.
9) Elevated Pushups – 12 repetitions per side
• Rest 1 minute before repeating the circuit 2 more times.

Icy weather here so no intervals. I do have a plan in place to do Tues/Thurs running intervals on campus in the late afternoon after my last class, but the weather today was awful and we don't have an indoor place to run on campus (small liberal arts college). I'd say I'd make them up later, but the weather here has been so unpredictable lately that I've learned I may or may not make them up - if I do, great, otherwise, I'll just move along and not worry about it.

Ended fast yesterday after 25-hrs. Ate a spinach salad w/ asst. fresh vegies, chick peas and a yogurt/pesto dressing. Yum. Also had a pork chop. Then I allowed myself 2 cookies for desert when I realized it had been a week since I'd had anything like that. I almost didn't for that reason - didn't want to re-enter the junk food cycle; but all was good and I've had no cravings for any more. Then I had a green smoothie w/ protein scoop added for before dinner.

Today I shot for having just my 3 meals and one small snack in the mid-morning. I will have a green smoothie before bed.

I hope everyone is staying on track; I haven't had the time to check in on threads as this is a very crazy week w/ school delays and 1st week back after the break.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM

I had a dream last night that the 2 cookies I let myself have yesterday lead to a cookie a day, and then more cookies and more until I I had added 20 lbs to my body!

Oh, how the brain sure does like to send us messages in our sleep...

Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM

I bet you were glad when you woke up and realised it was just a dream!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM

Mmmm food dreams/nightmares. I've been having a few myself! Last night I was dreaming that my kids ate my pumpkin cake I have hidden in the freezer for my cheat meal on Saturday! I can see where my priorities are!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I had a dream last night that the 2 cookies I let myself have yesterday lead to a cookie a day, and then more cookies and more until I I had added 20 lbs to my body!

Oh, how the brain sure does like to send us messages in our sleep...
That's funny!