TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Administrator

well done! good to know about the split squats, too.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 AM

Default Week 3 of Density Afterburn

My 3rd week of Density Afterburn went well for Workouts A and B - I increased the weights on these workouts and didn't lose at lot on the rounds, in fact most were the same or higher than last week with the lower weights so that was awesome. Workout C this week was a little difficult....I ended doing this workout later in the day (after 8pm) and I struggled with a lot of my numbers in the Bodyweight Frenzy below the previous week - it probably would have been a good idea to defer this workout to Saturday as my energy just wasn't there but I pushed through. I did manage to get off-day activities in on Tuesday and Thursday (35 minute walks) and Saturday (boxing bag workout with kettlebell finisher) with a rest day on Sunday. So basically a good week on the workout front...

On the nutrition front, I was doing well until about Thursday when "that time of the month" hit and I ended up not having a great weekend food-wise. I made the mistake of bringing a particular item in the house, thinking that I could control the consumption, but I was dead wrong. The item is now finished but I am sure that some damage was done. Moving on from that though......at work on Tuesday, I said "no thanks" to not one but two cakes that were available at a meeting - to be honest, just the thought of having that sweet cake held very little appeal so maybe the mindset thing is starting to kick in!

The beginning of this week has been difficult which is why this update is a little late. One of my cats was sick on Sunday and I took him to the vet on Monday and discovered he had a urinary tract blockage. He remains in the vet hospital today (Wednesday) but hopefully he will be coming home today. And yesterday, I took my vehicle in for the 3rd time so they could figure out where an oil leak was and they found the issue, but my vehicle is still in the garage until they can fix it and determine whether it will be covered by the car manufacturer since my warranty just ran out about 2 months ago. I am feeling weary physically and emotionally and trying to stay on track through it all - not a great week to be finishing off my transformation, but I will make it through the best I can.

Hopefully the rest of the week looks up and I will finish strong - another challenge is a dinner out on Saturday at a fancy-schmancy restaurant - I will try and pick the best option possible on the menu and no dessert!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 03-26-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
My 3rd week of Density Afterburn went well for Workouts A and B - I increased the weights on these workouts and didn't lose at lot on the rounds, in fact most were the same or higher than last week with the lower weights so that was awesome. Workout C this week was a little difficult....I ended doing this workout later in the day (after 8pm) and I struggled with a lot of my numbers in the Bodyweight Frenzy below the previous week - it probably would have been a good idea to defer this workout to Saturday as my energy just wasn't there but I pushed through. I did manage to get off-day activities in on Tuesday and Thursday (35 minute walks) and Saturday (boxing bag workout with kettlebell finisher) with a rest day on Sunday. So basically a good week on the workout front...

On the nutrition front, I was doing well until about Thursday when "that time of the month" hit and I ended up not having a great weekend food-wise. I made the mistake of bringing a particular item in the house, thinking that I could control the consumption, but I was dead wrong. The item is now finished but I am sure that some damage was done. Moving on from that though......at work on Tuesday, I said "no thanks" to not one but two cakes that were available at a meeting - to be honest, just the thought of having that sweet cake held very little appeal so maybe the mindset thing is starting to kick in!

The beginning of this week has been difficult which is why this update is a little late. One of my cats was sick on Sunday and I took him to the vet on Monday and discovered he had a urinary tract blockage. He remains in the vet hospital today (Wednesday) but hopefully he will be coming home today. And yesterday, I took my vehicle in for the 3rd time so they could figure out where an oil leak was and they found the issue, but my vehicle is still in the garage until they can fix it and determine whether it will be covered by the car manufacturer since my warranty just ran out about 2 months ago. I am feeling weary physically and emotionally and trying to stay on track through it all - not a great week to be finishing off my transformation, but I will make it through the best I can.

Hopefully the rest of the week looks up and I will finish strong - another challenge is a dinner out on Saturday at a fancy-schmancy restaurant - I will try and pick the best option possible on the menu and no dessert!
Pick out what you'll eat before you go (this always helps me). If you go in blindly, the epic photos on the menu will hold you prisoner (ha-ha).

Finish this thing strong - you got this! People always shine their best through adversity.

Mikey
Old 03-26-2014, 10:58 AM

Default You got this!

Patty,
Sorry about your cat. I know how it goes, pets are like one of the family

you got this! Hang in there
Stay strong in the mean time!
Shawn
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 PM

Default Last week of Density Afterburn and TT Transformation

So last week was my last week in the TT Transformation and of the Density Afterburn workout. It was a stressful week with my cat and car, but I am happy to report that my cat came home from the vet hospital last Wednesday night and by Friday he seemed pretty back to his normal self. He seems a little more snuggly and wants more attention, but overall he seems to be doing well. My car also seems to be fixed up and good to go too!

For the workouts, the week was pretty good despite everything except maybe Workout B on Wednesday. It was a long day and I didn't get to the workout until after 8pm and I found my energy level really low - I made it through the workout, but definitely was exhausted at the end. I found that I was pretty tired on Friday so I move the workout C to Saturday and boy was that a good idea. I had the best workout C ever - my energy was high and on the Bodyweight Frenzy circuity I achieved personal bests on 4 of the 6 exercises and finished up feeling energized and so proud of my achievements. Definitely a great way to end off the workout schedule and contest.

My nutrition was pretty good despite all the stress of the week. My fancy dinner was excellent. I had a couple slices of the delicious fresh bread, my friend and I split a divine goat cheese and greens salad and my main course was a Pork wellington which was fabulous. No dessert! I made sure to keep it on the down-low on Sunday since my final weigh-in was Monday.

So my final results were - 8 lbs of weight loss, 1.5 inches lost on each of chest, waist and hips and about .5 inch lost on each of thigh, calf and arms. Not spectacular results, but going in the right direction anyways. I completed my after photos and essay and shipped it all off to Lesa on Monday night....we shall see what happens.

I am on an off week and then next week I am looking at starting Shaun Hadsall's 7 Day Abs Targeted Solution followed by his 4 cycle fat loss plan. I am thinking maybe a more structured diet plan for a while might help me get going and then once I am closer to where I want to be, I can go back to my intuitive approach. I found that my approach though less stressing about food was more a maintenance plan than fat loss plan. We shall see how it works out.

Anyways, this is the end of my Transformation for the contest but not for the transformation of my life - body, mind and spirit. I will go forth and continue to work at getting myself healthy and becoming a more awesome version of myself (this is a Nia Shanks phrase that I have adopted!).

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone in the contest.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 04-03-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
So last week was my last week in the TT Transformation and of the Density Afterburn workout. It was a stressful week with my cat and car, but I am happy to report that my cat came home from the vet hospital last Wednesday night and by Friday he seemed pretty back to his normal self. He seems a little more snuggly and wants more attention, but overall he seems to be doing well. My car also seems to be fixed up and good to go too!

For the workouts, the week was pretty good despite everything except maybe Workout B on Wednesday. It was a long day and I didn't get to the workout until after 8pm and I found my energy level really low - I made it through the workout, but definitely was exhausted at the end. I found that I was pretty tired on Friday so I move the workout C to Saturday and boy was that a good idea. I had the best workout C ever - my energy was high and on the Bodyweight Frenzy circuity I achieved personal bests on 4 of the 6 exercises and finished up feeling energized and so proud of my achievements. Definitely a great way to end off the workout schedule and contest.

My nutrition was pretty good despite all the stress of the week. My fancy dinner was excellent. I had a couple slices of the delicious fresh bread, my friend and I split a divine goat cheese and greens salad and my main course was a Pork wellington which was fabulous. No dessert! I made sure to keep it on the down-low on Sunday since my final weigh-in was Monday.

So my final results were - 8 lbs of weight loss, 1.5 inches lost on each of chest, waist and hips and about .5 inch lost on each of thigh, calf and arms. Not spectacular results, but going in the right direction anyways. I completed my after photos and essay and shipped it all off to Lesa on Monday night....we shall see what happens.

I am on an off week and then next week I am looking at starting Shaun Hadsall's 7 Day Abs Targeted Solution followed by his 4 cycle fat loss plan. I am thinking maybe a more structured diet plan for a while might help me get going and then once I am closer to where I want to be, I can go back to my intuitive approach. I found that my approach though less stressing about food was more a maintenance plan than fat loss plan. We shall see how it works out.

Anyways, this is the end of my Transformation for the contest but not for the transformation of my life - body, mind and spirit. I will go forth and continue to work at getting myself healthy and becoming a more awesome version of myself (this is a Nia Shanks phrase that I have adopted!).

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone in the contest.
Great work Patty! I love this quote => "Anyways, this is the end of my Transformation for the contest but not for the transformation of my life - body, mind and spirit."

You're going to inspire a lot of people with that.

Congrats on your success!
Mikey
Old 04-03-2014, 03:22 PM

Congrats on making it to the finish line for this contest!

Old 04-04-2014, 04:43 AM

Ditto on the congrats! Just sticking it out for 12 weeks and making forward progress is something to be proud of. It's all one big, long journey into awesomeness