TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 PM

Default 12 weeks later and still going!

Originally posting as howell27 but got switched to jhowell....

Thanks to Turbulence Training, I can honestly say I am in the best shape I have ever been in my adult life. I have never found a workout program that I have ever managed to consistently do for more than a week, much less one like this were I averaged at least 3 workouts every week for the whole 12 weeks. For the first time ever, I am actually looking forward to taking the kids swimming this summer and wearing a swimsuit in public!

The first half of this transformation felt so wonderful...the weight seemed to come off pretty easily while I was counting calories and I loved the workouts. I did the 12 week Booty for Wife workout and every 4 weeks seemed to push me just a little harder. I loved the feeling of accomplishment that came with finishing each workout. Turbulence Training workouts became a huge stress reliever for me and an important part of my schedule. However around the 7 week mark I seemed to hit a wall with my diet. I struggled with binge eating, something I hadn't had an issue with since college. The last few weeks I really worked to find ways to cope and deal with this problem. Some helped like learning to drink water and wait 30 minutes before eating more. I also felt like taking one 24 hour Eat Stop Eat fast a week also helped with damage control and my attitude. While I don't feel like I totally got the binge eating under complete control by the end of the contest, I do feel like I made some big improvements and that I am eating far healthier with way more vegetables and fruits than I was at the beginning of this contest.

The best thing I learned was that while you can't out work a bad diet, I can out work a bad attitude. While I continually struggled with my diet and keeping my calories under control, it was keeping a consistent workout schedule that kept me going each week. Every workout seemed to improve my attitude and give me encouragement to keep up the struggle to get my eating back under control. I simply did not want to regain all the weight I'd lost and I wanted to be able to see the results I was working so hard to get. I also credit the support on the forums from all the great people in this contest that also gave me the push I needed some days to keep working and not quit.

I have to admit that I was initially disappointed in my 12 week results as they were very close to my 6 week results. However when I stopped to look at the positives from this 12 weeks, there were a lot of good things I accomplished and I am proud of my results. I managed to initially loose around 12 pounds and maintain that weight loss, improve my strength (up to 10 pushups on my toes from being able to do none at the beginning) and consistently get faster times on running a distance of 3.1 miles. I completed my first 5K race in almost 3 years. I look and feel better! Best of all, one of my main goals for this contest was to become a better role model for my kids and I can already see positive changes in their lives as well from eating more vegetables and fruit, spending less time watching TV, and spending more time outside playing with their mom!

My 12 week results:
Height: 5'8"
Current Weight: 135 starting: 145 (-12lbs) Best estimate since my kids drowned my old scale and the new one measured differently.
Chest: 32" starting 33" (-1 in)
waist at smallest part: 27" starting 29" (-2 in)
waist at belly button: 31" starting 33" (-2 in)
hips: 37" starting 39.5" (-2.5 in)
thighs at the widest: 21.5" starting 23" -(1.5 in)

Thank you everyone for all the help and support through the forums. That truly helped keep me focused and continuing to work hard to see this transformation through to the end. I still have some work to do, but I am ever so much farther along the way than I was back in December, and I can't wait to get started on my next set of TT workouts!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Coming off contest #9 I knew I wanted to remain dedicated to my physique, but I also knew that I needed to adopt a less rigid style in favor of long term maintenance.

This contest for me was not about getting fast results, but more so cementing my new lifestyle.

In the beginning after my initial weight loss I was feeling "skinny" and not strong. I wanted to feel strong. I set out a goal of squatting 325 for 5 reps, I didn't quite make that yet but I am well on my way, I'm currently at 315 which is up from 265. My focus was heavy compounds, low reps, and adding weight. I maxed 275 on the bench press on Monday, and pulled 365 for one in the dead lift. I feel strong now, and I want to get stronger.

Instead of people telling me "oh you're so skinny now" they say "damn you are buff." Thats feels a lot better to my ears than being skinny.

Changing my lifestyle around has allowed me to be in a continuous conscious state of self improvement. I just feel generally more awesome every day that goes by.

One thing I am very proud of is my dedication. Since I got on board with these workouts I have not missed or skipped a workout in my 40 some weeks of training.

I would describe my diet as high in variety, high in nutritional value, and mostly all whole foods. Without being too anal about anything I just ate what is good for me. Sometimes I over ate, sometimes I under ate, and I fasted regularly 1 day a week. It was not methodical, it was just natural.

My results on paper are not that impressive but I feel good about the visible progress I made in the pictures.

My weight today is 183 so I actually gained 4-5 pounds. I really stopped trying to record my body fat, because I know no matter how accurately I thought I was doing it, my reading was probably incorrect. But gauging the progress it stayed mostly the same.

I gained .5" in shoulder circumference, .25" in biceps, gained 1" in the hips, but its all glutes, lost 2.5" in my navel, lost .5" in my waist. Gained .5" in the thigh.

One thing I have learned is that this is such an ongoing process, you cannot just build a great physique overnight. I will take years of dedication. I have just started scratching the surface.

This is an unorthodox approach but I used the TT reformed meatheads workout for about 10 weeks, because of the progress I was making. I had a week off in the middle of the contest and just this last week I started a new workout.

Here is the pics: Before:http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_9360.jpg

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 PM

Thigh:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_9419.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_9420.jpg

Paper:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_9447.jpg

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown

Last edited by midwestj : 04-09-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 PM

Default Pictures!

Having trouble getting them uploaded...

https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/tra...background.gif) no-repeat left">
TT Contest 10 Pics December 27

From TT Contest 10 Pics December 27

From TT Contest 10 Pics December 27