TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 PM

Default Inspiration

Yeah she has a great body! I love reading fitness magazines on the tube to work. I recently discovered a mag called Oxygen (I think its an American magazine).Those girls are fit! (I hope i don't sound like a perve lol). I think its inspiring to look at those people who maintain the type of phyisque I want all year round. Maintainers are the best inspiration. They have it nailed!

'If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always gotten.'

Love that quote.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM

Default Never forget

My tip would be to never forget that there is always help in these forums. Life got a hold of me in a bad way and I reverted to a lot of my bad habits between the end of TT8 and TT9. I ended up not following through on my goals and forgetting that I had I support network here. About 3 weeks ago I got on the scale and saw that I had put back on 20 pounds of the 35 I lost of the summer contest. I restarted with the body-weight for beginners that day and now 3 weeks latter I have lost 15 of the pounds. I have to say a lot of the motivation came from stalking these forums over the last 3 weeks.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 PM

My tip for this time would be to know your body and take a break or change direction when you need to. I did not get an amazing transformation during #9 but I made great forward strides that have me right back on track for continuing with my personal journey. I saw something today on FaceBook about being "all in". I was "all in" with #8 for sure and now I am back in that mode.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 12-04-2010, 07:56 PM

My tip is to set goals. Set goals long term, set short term goals, set daily nutrition goals, set goals for progressing in your workouts. Make the goals specific not general. There is no limit to how many goals you can set and achieve.

Goal setting has been one of the most powerful tools for me to not only transform my body, but also my lifestyle.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 12-09-2010, 12:26 PM

Craig had asked if there were any tips for the people who workout in the early a.m. I am one of them and I've been thinking about what it is that really helps me get up when it seems like it is still night time. So here they are:

-First and foremost, just do it. Easy to say but that's what it really comes down to. If that is your window for a workout then you just have to do it. It won't happen later. Trust me!
-I read a lot of inspirational quotes and repeat them and write them down so they are always
floating around in my head. So many times what got me up and out was something that just 'popped' into my head as I woke up. An example: Every discipline has multiple rewards. I can't tell you how many times this has helped me.
Another: The bridge between goals and achievment is discipline.
Another: You will be tired no matter what time you first get up.

When I first started training at 5:30 am I was so angry that I had to do that. Now, after 7 yrs. of it, I feel terrible if I don't start my day with a great workout.

Lastly, I have NEVER, EVER regretted an early morning workout!!! EVER!!

I don't know if that helps but it is stuff that helps me.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:14 PM

I'm not advanced like a lot of you folk but my tip is this - you don't have to wait for a transformation contest here to begin your program. Start your own personal transformation contest! Post the before photos here, post progress reports and celebrate your achievements.

When you feel down, look at where you were before you started this and where you are now. At the very least, you have goals and a direction.

When you achieve something, tell your partner, tell people here, tell someone! My first cause to celebrate was that I didn't keel over with a heart attack when I tried the TT Introductory Course.

Don't get hung up about eating badly for one or two meals, if it happens, it's really not going to make much of a difference in the long run. Really.

For me, the key has been the flexibility to substitute exercises in the programs. Craig's list of substitutions has been invaluable in allowing be to do that. When I only had a stability ball, I did the bodyweight exercises. Then I got one dumbell (the company I bought it from sent me only one by mistake) and added in exercises that could use a single dumbell like goblet squats. I've now got both dumbells. The main point is that I was able to continue the training. I'm now in a hotel room with no equipment so for intervals, I used burpees with running on the spot or star jumps for the rest periods.

I feel great that I was able to complete the training and on that note, I'm going to go and tell my wife

It's not easy but it's rewarding.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM

I don't know if this is a great "transformation tip", but it's how I used to (and still) get myself really focused/pumped for a workout. When I go into a workout, I set a goal/challenge. It can be anything:

e.g. for TT Resistance Evil Workout A, I tried to beat my first week's total time (35:15) without sacrificing reps or weight. By week 4, I was down to 27:15 and doing more reps.

e.g. for a Meathead workout, I'll pick one exercise and really try to kill on that exercise. This works best for a power movement, like deadlift or squat or bench press, when you can get pumped up.

Transformation Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10536

"Only that in which is me can understand what I am saying." Baba Ram Dass

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -John Heider

"Everyone is a Being. Not everyone is a Becoming."
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great stuff!

Who else has some tips on sticking with it?

What about tips on helping some folks to get out of bed early in the morning to do their program?

This sounds absolutely ridiculous but I swear it works- sleep in your workout clothes!! You only have to do this at the beginning and soon you will wake up ready. There is nothing that makes you feel more guilty for missing a workout than changing OUT of your workout clothes when you haven't been to the gym!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Administrator

I lay mine out at the bottom of the bed, but I hear you...helpful tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaussie View Post
This sounds absolutely ridiculous but I swear it works- sleep in your workout clothes!! You only have to do this at the beginning and soon you will wake up ready. There is nothing that makes you feel more guilty for missing a workout than changing OUT of your workout clothes when you haven't been to the gym!