TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Default Jump on the SkinnyMan Bandwagon

Some of us could stand to put on a few pounds. I'm 5'11" and though I'm sometimes up to 168#, I'm more often around 161#. This is a little too thin, as some co-workers noticed the other day when my belt wouldn't cinch around my waist -- too loose. While age has some effect here - at 46, I'm actually 25 pounds heavier than college, I'm still a little too think for my liking.

Many think it's a blessing, but there are a lot of us who need a way to keep on a little extra muscle and size -- and the time has come.

I invite those of us who want to get in shape by picking up a few pounds of muscle in the process to share experiences on what works for keeping on the muscle we work so hard to hone.

All aboard!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Hey there! Good luck on your mission to gain! It does seem weird to say that, but I totally know what you're talking about. My friend Dave and my brother have the same issue (Ectomorph). My brother was on a mission to gain weight, he ate cake (a whole cake) pizza, bas of doritoes.. etc and he gained 5lbs in a month, LOL **sigh** I can that in a week if i eat like that. So, Eat, lift and get big! Good luck!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 PM

It's a "Transformation" contest after all and not technically a "fat loss" contest so eat, drink, lift and be merry (and buff).

All the best on reaching you goals.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Firstly, welcome! You've come to the right place - there's a lot of support over here. Remember, you've got to be putting in the effort in the training to gain muscle mass. Make sure you're doing each exercise in perfect form and don't worry about the amount of weight - the muscle only knows how much stress you're putting it under. Lighter weight lifted in perfect form is better than partial reps with heavier weights.

Also, look at your measurements rather than weight - if you end up weighing 15lbs more but your waist goes up by 3", chances are that you've put on fat.

Good luck in your journey and don't be afraid to ask questions.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Default yay for the skinny man going buff

I always love watching this type of transformation. To build mass where none was before, rather than what most of us are up to which is more of a renovation... even with building construction... building from scratch from the ground up is more visually shocking than gutting out the interior and redoing it. The end, all the buildings new and redone are amazing, and impressive.

Good luck and I'll be following your progress :-)

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Its refreshing to see someone going for a musclebuilding transformation here. Just 2 small pieces of advice from someone who's tried to do the same

1 remember progressive overload is what makes your muscles grow and probably more important
2 be patient. muscle growth is a slower process than fat loss and a lot less visual.

you'll do well with the support on here. if you havent done already, get CBs advice on which programs to start with.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 09-03-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm sure you'll find the right support, experience and workouts to achieve your goals in these forums and the TT site.

Best of luck to you!