TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Charles Mclaughlin's Transformation Journal

Hi TTMembers.
I have been debating entering other online transformation contest for the past week since past TT winners are no longer eligible to enter anymore TT Transformaton contests. I have decided that my main goal was to lose body fat and get into the best shape of my life. I honestly believe that TT can get me there faster than any other program on the internet. I have tried several of them with little to no progress. Craig's programs have proven themselves over and over to be very effective. The 12th TT Transformation contest has come and gone. Its time for a new challenge. This past week I have taken it really easy since sometimes your body needs a complete rest from training. I will resume training on January 2, 2012. I plan to use his Reconstruction workout program for two weeks. This workout program is going to really help me get back into shape. I plan to use Clash of the Titans again and Hot Zone bodyweight cardio and 5 minute rounds for four weeks. My goal is to lose as much fat as possible so I plan to give XFLD a try. I have never been into cheating or fasting on my diet in a specific manner but it seems to work well for some. I may continue with CYWT with some sort of combintation of TT workout programs to match the diet to training goals. This is something that I am going to have to take some time to disect. I will be posting my before pictures and if I have time I will post some update photos. I look forward to communicating with other TT Members. I am not sure what I weight or my waist size so I will be posting my measurements as well on January 2nd, 2012.

Last edited by Gorilla-Strength : 12-30-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 AM

I can't wait to get back on track with TT workouts. I took some time off from training so I am going to ease up on the intensity. I have never tried Reconstruction but it looks like the type of program that I will need to get back into the flow of things. My waist size is around 35.75 inches. Its gone up quite a bit since I ate all of the things I shouldn't be eating like pizza. I wanted to enjoy myself before I take on a new challenge. I am sure you can relate. I look forward to chatting with other TT Members.

Last edited by Gorilla-Strength : 01-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:51 PM

You can still be in the contest GS.......Everyone here is a winner at the end!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:22 AM

Thanks Rob! I appreciate your comments. I got sick yesterday which was supposed to be my first day of training. Hopefully, I can resume training tomorrow. I am now training in my apartment. A majority of TT workouts can be done in your home or can be adjusted. Which program are you hitting up Rob? If its a TT workout I am sure will get some pretty good results. There hasn't been a program yet that left that has disappointed me. I am only disappointed in some of my food choices from time to time especially during the holidays. I have to make an effort to start eating clean for the next twelve weeks. I hope to get down to at least a 34 inch waist. The sooner the better!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla-Strength View Post
Thanks Rob! I appreciate your comments. I got sick yesterday which was supposed to be my first day of training. Hopefully, I can resume training tomorrow. I am now training in my apartment. A majority of TT workouts can be done in your home or can be adjusted. Which program are you hitting up Rob? If its a TT workout I am sure will get some pretty good results. There hasn't been a program yet that left that has disappointed me. I am only disappointed in some of my food choices from time to time especially during the holidays. I have to make an effort to start eating clean for the next twelve weeks. I hope to get down to at least a 34 inch waist. The sooner the better!
I am doing the oldie but goodie, TT2k3 right now. 3rd week, so I will need to figure out whats next.........
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM

He has a ton of great programs out there. I especially like Hot Zone bodyweight cardio. Its involves some exercises that take some time to get used to. I really like Clash of the Titans but feel the first lactic acid workout could be improved on. It supposed to work the body upper body and lower body one right after another. I just feel that to generate lactic acid takes a little more effort. Some recommend a fast rep combination while other recommend a varied tempo approach. I have tried them both but honestly feel that volume is key when trying to elicit lactic acid which creates calcium pyruvate and finally growth hormone. Also different diets such as low carbs pave the way to higher growth hormone levels. Its hard for your body to stimulate growth hormone when insulin is present. If you select a program make sure your diet matches your goal. I try to reduce my carbs slowly and eat more healthy fats. I hope this information helps. Although I am unable to participate in this competition I still want to feel active in the TT community.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 PM

I am going to have to start training next week. I have been feeling ill for the past few days and my refridgerator isn't stocked with a great deal of fruits and vegetables. I guess my workout plan gets delayed a week. I will officially start on January 9th, 2012. Its better to start of right than wrong. My goal is to get below 180 lbs by March 14th, 2012. I started around this time last year. If I weigh 177 lbs by March 14th I will have lost 30 pounds. I am not sure what I weigh at this point but I will put more effort into my training and nutrition. I notice that sometimes I take a break I start progressing really rapidly. I usually lose anywhere from six to eight pounds in six weeks after a lay off. I might actually start tracking my calories this time instead of just winging it. I lost a pretty good amount of weight just doing it and not worrying about counting the calories. I just let it take care of itself. I just estimatead it. I think this works well if you diet is filled with foods that are high in fiber and low in caloires. I noticed that once I hit 184 lbs my body practically refused to drop more weight. I was lucky to get to 182.5 lbs. I have already dropped several off limit foods this week. I still have a few to drop by the end of the week. I am a huge coffee drinker so I need to dump that one by the end of the week. I also plan to start reducing any white flour based products and processed carbs like white rice. I need to dump that one for sure and replace it with red or brown rice. Processes of elimination is the best way to keep getting better results.

Last edited by Gorilla-Strength : 01-05-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 AM

I started today with an egg sandwhich (3 egg whites and 1 yellow) on whole wheat bread with an orange and a pear. I drank a cup of tea and 1,000 liters of water. I have to make due without that coffee. I just had a shake ( 1 scoop of Ultimate Nutrition Whey Protein, 5 strawberries, 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of flax seed). I am going to eat 5 oz. of lean turkey breast, 2/3 cup of brocoli, and 2/3 cup of potatoes with some brown gravy made from canola oil. I hope to hit up some bodyweight cardio today. I haven't been able to get a great reading on my waist line at this point because I haven't been able to go to the bathroom normally in the morning. I end up eating some food before that happens. I might have to take green tea extract again before doing anything. My waist reading could be way off with food but just for sake today I took them after eating and after going to the bathroom. My waist measured 36.25". (Yikes!) This will definetly motivate me even more to get back into the flow of things.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:35 AM

I was able to finally train yesterday. I did the first day of the Hot Zone program - Phase #1 on the 12 Week program. I also did a countdown Kettlebell Swing finisher. (10, 9, 8, and so forth). I was sweating a lot. I was glad to get in there and get the job done. I plan to train again today and tomorrow. I will take Sunday off from training and start Reconstruction next week. I made a nice litle pudding shake. It consisted of 2/3 scoop of chocolate whey protein, 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk powder and shaved ice. I first blended the whey and the yogurt till it was well mixed. Once I did that I added the cocoa and the sugar. Mixed that up and started adding the milk powder little by little. Finally, I added the shaved ice. I mixed that up for awhile and let it sit for a few minutes. It tasted great! I might next time toss in the frezzer and see how that goes. I ate some peanuts on the side about a small handful. I got to keep my carbs in check especially throughout the day. I am trying to eat high carbs for morning and medium carbs for lunch. I am trying to eat as less carbs as possible during the day except for my post-workout meal. I wasn't able to go without my coffee today. I had to revise a 20 page report. I will try better next time around. Anyways, it was the last sachet that I had left. I have been drinking my water consistently throghout the day which has helped me keep my appetitie in check.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:49 PM

I made a similar shake this morning. I put 5 tablespoons of greek yogurt, 2/3 of a scoop of chocolate whey protein, 2 tablespoons of milk powder, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, and a little water. I mixed it up the first two ingredients really well and I then added the rest. It came out really thick. It taste even better than the one yesterday. Seeet! I hope to train this evening. I wasn't able to train yesterday. I was having some stomach pain after eating some black beans. I ate a small plate of it. If I workout today, I will do interval training tomorrow or stair climbing. Hope all are doing well.