TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Default One more week!

Ahhh, the dog days of summer. Hang in there transformers, and I wanted to mention that I've mailed in all of my TT certification materials, Gordon Studio is on schedule to open on Sept. 4th, and I have clients who are eager to join the next contest. Pardon the self-interest, but I'm sincerely hoping that they will have a TT Transformation #15 to enter.

In other news, Van and I took our son and two friends to Six Flags last weekend. Two days in the park surrounded by junk food, and I lost a pound- hooray! I brought in beef jerky and apples, ate a burger with no bun, and looked on smilingly while my husband and three 11 year old boys ate funnel cakes in front of me. No problem. Once I get off the addictive foods for about a week they just don't have their hooks in me anymore.

Loving TT Power by the way.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Ahhh, the dog days of summer. Hang in there transformers, and I wanted to mention that I've mailed in all of my TT certification materials, Gordon Studio is on schedule to open on Sept. 4th, and I have clients who are eager to join the next contest. Pardon the self-interest, but I'm sincerely hoping that they will have a TT Transformation #15 to enter.
.... Once I get off the addictive foods for about a week they just don't have their hooks in me anymore. Loving TT Power by the way.
Congrats on the certification Catherine. You're clients are lucky indeed! You have the power! Concetta
Old 08-15-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

In other news, Van and I took our son and two friends to Six Flags last weekend. Two days in the park surrounded by junk food, and I lost a pound- hooray! I brought in beef jerky and apples, ate a burger with no bun, and looked on smilingly while my husband and three 11 year old boys ate funnel cakes in front of me. No problem. Once I get off the addictive foods for about a week they just don't have their hooks in me anymore.

That's AWESOME news! I love it

Mike
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 PM

Congratulations Catherine. That's a wonder accomplishment!

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 AM

It's official- got the news yesterday that I'm a certified Turbulence Trainer. I'll be teaching a Turbulence Training class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6AM. Whether or not I have clients at that hour, (and yes I'm confident that I will), that will guarantee that I train TT style 3 times a week.

One of the most important lessons I've learned in my first 18 months as a trainer is that when I stop doing TT I get softer and less curvy- not a look I want at all! As much as I adore dance based fitness, without some heavy lifting I can't maintain the contours that make for a really appealing figure- at least in my opinion.

I'm aware that it is a challenge for busy fitness pros to keep up their own training, and I have a great deal of sympathy for the overweight trainers I see. There really are a lot of them around, and now I think I understand what's happening to them. They're doing a lot of low grade repetitive movement, they're under stress, and their appetites are out of control. I am determined to avoid these pitfalls. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
It's official- got the news yesterday that I'm a certified Turbulence Trainer. I'll be teaching a Turbulence Training class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6AM. Whether or not I have clients at that hour, (and yes I'm confident that I will), that will guarantee that I train TT style 3 times a week.

One of the most important lessons I've learned in my first 18 months as a trainer is that when I stop doing TT I get softer and less curvy- not a look I want at all! As much as I adore dance based fitness, without some heavy lifting I can't maintain the contours that make for a really appealing figure- at least in my opinion.

I'm aware that it is a challenge for busy fitness pros to keep up their own training, and I have a great deal of sympathy for the overweight trainers I see. There really are a lot of them around, and now I think I understand what's happening to them. They're doing a lot of low grade repetitive movement, they're under stress, and their appetites are out of control. I am determined to avoid these pitfalls. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Congratulations Catherine.....keep "mix'in" it up........that'll keep you all in shape!................
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Congratulations to Catherine Gordon, the newest Certified Turbulence Trainer. Congratulations Catherine, you've been an inspiration to over 100,000 people already.
So very happy for you Catherine! You have inspired me with your posts many times. I have no doubt that you will avoid "overweight trainer" syndrome.
Concetta
Old 08-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Catherine, you saved Christmas.

Ok, not Christmas, but you saved the Fall Transformation Contest.

.she saved the Fall TT Transformation Contest.

I was actually going to take a break from contests this Fall because I have BIG plans for a unique twist on the contest in January...

...but then you posted this on the forum:

"Gordon Studio is on schedule to open on Sept. 4th, and I have clients who are eager to join the next contest. Pardon the self-interest, but I'm sincerely hoping that they will have a TT Transformation #15 to enter.

I'll be teaching a Turbulence Training class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6AM. Whether or not I have clients at that hour, (and yes I'm confident that I will), that will guarantee that I train TT style 3 times a week."

And I realized it would be silly to skip the Fall contest.

So Catherine, you saved the contest.

Looking forward to hearing from your success stories,

Craig

Quote:

Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 PM

Hey Catherine:

Congrats on becoming certified TT Trainer!!!! Your clients are very lucky to have you!!!

Keep rockin' it....

Kerry
Old 08-16-2012, 11:16 PM

Congrats Catherine!