TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Yes Rob, REAL food, I agree!

But in between, or for one meal, a shake or a juice is a great option. In the morning I am eating/drinking a kind of shake that I like a lot. I will try Craig's shake recipes too. And I would like to drink more fresh fruit/vegetable juices, I am sure John is right, that these give more energy than artificially sweetened protein shakes.

Ok, I will keep on trying to find what works for my body. But if anyone has good metabolism boosting tips, let me know.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:17 AM

Excercise journal:

May 31 Thursday: First workout of Booty for wife (or any lady that wants a good booty ) - Next day I had sour muscles, triceps and abs! Good workout with stablility ball roll out and SB jack knife that I really like.

June 1 Friday: off

June 3 Saturday: Horse riding in nature, total 14 km, including a 2,5 km interval, getting off the horse in the forest and running hard / walking, about 6 intervals I like that, the horse likes it less, she would be happy just to walk a bit, but she follows.
The horse also got her TT workout, having to run uphill on a steep place, then doing the intervals with me. BTW last year I prepared her for a local shorter (but faster) endurance riding competition with interval training, only training every 2nd day, and including many intervals. And with so little training we were in the top 6, in 2 competitions! So intervals rule

June 3 Sunday: Booty for wife workout - great! Only I had to choose one without weights, I ordered dumbbels last week but it did not arrive yet.

June 4 Monday: Interval in the garden - running up and walking down 3-4x, I am out of shape!!! But regular interval for me is key to start up the fatloss. Btw, first week my weight was down, now it is climbing up, despite no pastry and only a little whole wheat bread.

June 5 Tuesday: I kicked off the morning with 2 warmup circuit of Booty, and a metabolic circuit that I have seen in Rob's journal. I only had 20 minutes, but I got sweating. Weight a little up - I need to sleep and drink more, and not worry!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Excercise journal:

May 31 Thursday: First workout of Booty for wife (or any lady that wants a good booty ) - Next day I had sour muscles, triceps and abs! Good workout with stablility ball roll out and SB jack knife that I really like.

June 1 Friday: off

June 3 Saturday: Horse riding in nature, total 14 km, including a 2,5 km interval, getting off the horse in the forest and running hard / walking, about 6 intervals I like that, the horse likes it less, she would be happy just to walk a bit, but she follows.
The horse also got her TT workout, having to run uphill on a steep place, then doing the intervals with me. BTW last year I prepared her for a local shorter (but faster) endurance riding competition with interval training, only training every 2nd day, and including many intervals. And with so little training we were in the top 6, in 2 competitions! So intervals rule

June 3 Sunday: Booty for wife workout - great! Only I had to choose one without weights, I ordered dumbbels last week but it did not arrive yet.

June 4 Monday: Interval in the garden - running up and walking down 3-4x, I am out of shape!!! But regular interval for me is key to start up the fatloss. Btw, first week my weight was down, now it is climbing up, despite no pastry and only a little whole wheat bread.

June 5 Tuesday: I kicked off the morning with 2 warmup circuit of Booty, and a metabolic circuit that I have seen in Rob's journal. I only had 20 minutes, but I got sweating. Weight a little up - I need to sleep and drink more, and not worry!!
Fantastic effort you're doing great.

If you find your weight going up you may want to do a food log and see where you may be able to clean up your nutrition.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbruteforce View Post
Fantastic effort you're doing great.

If you find your weight going up you may want to do a food log and see where you may be able to clean up your nutrition.
I have been using 3-4 finishers after my workouts. They are pretty good. I also like the one I did last Saturday.....From TT for Fat Loss 2007 BW workout............those darn burpees sure take my breath away, though.......
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 AM

Enjoyed reading your journal. You are really doing great. Sticking with the nutrition and no sugar...awesome. Sure like your style of workouts too (on your horse :-) ). I loved my horses. Stay strong and I agree ...support is key for us ladies!!!! Look forward to following you!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 PM

Thanks, Bev! I also like to read your journal. Let's keep up the good spirits!
You HAD horses?

To be honest, there IS some sugar in my diet. No bread and white flour pastry, for about 2 weeks, which is already a big change for me. But I do eat some fruit (melon, dried fruit, raisins, strawberry, apple) and there is some sugar in the protein powder mix that I take, only a scoop a day. And a tiny bit of black chocolate sometimes. Mot much, but sugar.

Today I got a little dishartened - while I am doing great with excercise, and I can see already some shape change, but the initially lost 4 pounds weight is climbing back up - despite the major change of no bread and white flour, which I ate a lot before. I do eat some rice, and brown rice crackers. Is that also "dangerous"? Anyhow, I will continue to change my eating habits bit by bit, and stick with the excercise.

Tomorrow I buy the juicer, and start to drink some vegetable juices regularly.

Yesterday I had another half hour excercise in the swimming pool, today I go out with the horse.

Oh, the ordered barbells and weights arrived! So now I can do MRT again!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Thanks, Bev! I also like to read your journal. Let's keep up the good spirits!
You HAD horses?

To be honest, there IS some sugar in my diet. No bread and white flour pastry, for about 2 weeks, which is already a big change for me. But I do eat some fruit (melon, dried fruit, raisins, strawberry, apple) and there is some sugar in the protein powder mix that I take, only a scoop a day. And a tiny bit of black chocolate sometimes. Mot much, but sugar.

Today I got a little dishartened - while I am doing great with excercise, and I can see already some shape change, but the initially lost 4 pounds weight is climbing back up - despite the major change of no bread and white flour, which I ate a lot before. I do eat some rice, and brown rice crackers. Is that also "dangerous"? Anyhow, I will continue to change my eating habits bit by bit, and stick with the excercise.

Tomorrow I buy the juicer, and start to drink some vegetable juices regularly.

Yesterday I had another half hour excercise in the swimming pool, today I go out with the horse.

Oh, the ordered barbells and weights arrived! So now I can do MRT again!
While rice is still considered a starchy carb, it is sometimes called the "safe" carb. Unlike wheat and other gluten-containing grains, rice does not contain "anti-nutrients" that seem to cause so many problems for so many people. I've given up wheat/gluten for several months and it seems to have done me a lot of good but I still enjoy rice once a week without much ill effect.

If in doubt, have rice and rice products as part of a post-workout meal.