TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
John, could you tell me more what you mean on "juicing"?
Drinking juices? What types of juices are best? Thanks!
The short answer is most if not nearly all of us eat the wrong foods in the wrong proportions. We mostly eat too much meat and starch compared to the amount of veggies we should eat. Juicing (putting veggies into a juicer that extracts the juice) is a great way to get loaded up on the micro-nutrients that we've been lacking. It helps reboot our system and get's us back on track and craving veggies instead of gluten. Check out www.jointhereboot.com it's all about juicing, research, data, how to etc.

I juiced 4 days straight and lost 7lbs while feeling great, more energy, no cravings.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Yesterday and today I was more focusing on nutrition, and I am happy that I made some positive changes. No bread, no pastry - already for over a week. Also no cakes, no chocolate. How long can I keep it up? Hopefully VERY long Right now it actually feels very good.

This is the key for me, as I was already working out regularly - but it could only keep me from getting more fat, but not leaner because of the bad diet.
I had one continuous string of cheat days for years
This is very impressive, as nutrition is the tough part for the vast majority of us. You should be very proud of this accomplishment. You CAN keep it up. Today is the last day of 31 days of no sugar, no dessets for me (and feeling very good). I will treat myself this weekend to celebrate a birthday, but will keep the portions very small, then right back at it.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 PM

Wohooo! Thanks Kerry! I am not alone
That feels good, gives more hope to keep it up.
Not even craving - so I should not worry.

Today I was again shopping in the healthfood shop, some different grains, sesame flakes. I also went to the shop where I had always bought my favorit pastry (a salty, white, soft crescent roll), but not now.

My only issue is to get vegetables for juicing. I can not find baby spinach or other nice veggies around here, except maybe carrots.

I had recently a Chinese Traditional Medicine (TCM) consult, and I was adviced not to eat raw vegetables but rather a bit cooked or processed, as it is better for my system. So I need to figure out how to juice Since the consult (about 2 months ago) I am taking the mix of herbs and roots that was specifically combined for the current state of my body, and actually this is what helps me to start to change my eating habits.
It is getting my energy system and organs more in balance, and now I start to FEEL what food is not good for me - that is how I could stop the white flour and pastry recently, as I felt it was definitely not giving energy but taking it away, giving intestine troubles.

So I keep it up - it starts to also show, today I was already about 3 pounds less and also my belly got more flat!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:51 PM

Great job on eating cleaner. It is the hardest part for me.

You'll need to buy a juicer, you can get a decent one at WalMart for $50 on up to $300 at other stores. Start with a cheap but decent one until you fiqure out if you want to juice seriously.

They say the key is to mix up the colors when juicing. I usually juice the same thing everyday since I like it so much. Kale, spinach, red chard, yellow zucchini, green zucchini, tomato, sweet potato, red apple, green apple, pear, celerary and carrots.

I've been adding Amazing Grass mixes and hemp protein as well as cocoa powder so I can get more protein. Just the veggies alone has enough protein for maintenace but when you're working out you need more, at least I did.

I'm also going to drink a whey protein shake with our goat milk before/after working out.

Let me know how this works for you. Excited for you!

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 06-01-2012, 04:33 AM

Well done for taking the decision to join the contest. Your enthusiasm and dedication are apparent from your posts so you're off to a great start already.

Good job on eating clean so far. Just like eating 'bad' seems to propagate more bad eating, good eating promotes better eating. I switched my eating in November 2011, lost my way a bit but then recommitted again a month ago. I've given up all grains and temporarily, gave up eggs and dairy too. I am now feeling the best I've felt in a very long time. My energy is up, by mood is improved (I used to get bouts of depression regularly), the fat is falling off and my health just seems to be getting better every day. I enjoy the whole natural foods (mostly meats and veggies, some fruit and nuts) I eat every day and don't even miss not eating the sweet and wheat-based foods I used to crave.

So stick with it and I'm sure you'll be enjoying the results soon enough. You'll reach a point where you'll actually WANT to work out, you'll have so much energy.