TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 AM

Thumbs up 2012 Summer Breakthrough!

Hello everyone,

Happy to be here! Decided to openly enter my first TTTC.
I have been voting on and reading up on the results of earlier contests for years, I even tried to enter once, but I did not have the persistence to go all the way.
Nevertheless, the workouts always helped, kept me in shape.
I even had some successes, was down 6-8 pounds mostly of fat, then I collapsed again to bad food habits and the fat came back.

But this time, when I got the email about the new contest, I decided to do something different. One can not do the same thing over and over, and expect different results...

So I took a good offer to purchase a new set of TT excercises, along with a month of membership and here I am. Social support might make the difference.

I already took the before photos, and started to pick up on regular TT excercises using TT Hardcore Fatloss. I have not followed it to the letter yet, skipped some days.

Still need to decide, which excercise routine to follow the next weeks?
Which ones are the favorites, the most successful ones for stubborn fat loss? Please advice!
My main goal: down from 160 > to 140 pounds.

Looking forward sharing the challenge with you, and a transformed body!

Let's break through this summer!

- Ariane
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 AM

Hi Ariane. Craig is obviously the guru when it comes to all of this but if I were going to give you advice this is what I would say, and this is only what I think and have noticed in the past. You are going to get the best results by eating well first, that's where it has to start. You could lift all the weights in the world, but if you're not eating right you won't see much difference in yourself. Also, eating well will give you more energy then you may not even knew you had, and you'll feel so much better. The workouts are very important though, and when I've used TT before I swear the intervals really helped me, I had never trained like that before. They not only melt fat off of you but they increased my lung capacity like crazy. Don't be afraid to switch up the way you do your intervals and most importantly, have fun with it! Let me just put some numbers out there for you. The competition is 12 weeks long, thats 84 days. At 3 workouts a week, in 84 days you have 36 workouts to do. 36. I'm going out on a limb with these numbers here but for the sake of conversation say you live to be 85 years old, thats 4,420 weeks. Making a commitment to yourself to be more healthy for 12 weeks doesn't seem all that bad. At 85 years old, you would have been around for 31,025 days....36 workouts. If your really think about those numbers, that's not too much to ask of yourself. Just look at it one week at a time. Aim for small goals. Try and eat better for just 1 or 2 meals the first week, then build on that. After you get your baseline for your workouts, try and push for 1 more rep the next time you do an exercise. I am certainly not in the shape I was when I used this system 4 years ago, BUT it has been in the back of my mind every week since then and it has led to trying to choose the healthier option most of the time when I eat. And just by doing that in 4 years I have been able to keep 10-15 lbs of beel fat off. That is a gift in itself and it is a gift I have given myself. You only get one body, you only get 1 shot at life, so you might as well treat you body well. Work hard and I promise people will support you along the way. Good Luck!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 AM

Oh, and by the way, don't beat yourself up if you slip, we're not perfect. Keep your glass half full, not half empty. Look at the good things, what you do WELL, and build on that, don't hang your head in shame if you ate a cookie or you couldn't finish a workout 100%. Stay positive. Just being here and going through this is a small victory.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Hi Ariane, looking forward to seeing you go all the way in this contest.

The most popular program among our contest winners is TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks, Feb 2009.

Craig
Old 05-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the support Craig!!

Fortunately TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks of 2009 seems to be part of the bonus package that I purchased just now.
It seems similar to Hardcore Fatloss, that I started, and I like that too.
So I check it out, and switch over. I am actually flexible to switch between different programs, the key is for me is to vary the training and to not skip interval cardios
Those seem to be very much needed for my type of body.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Hi Drummerdano,

Wow, thanks for the great advices. Those numbers are really illustrating it well. 12 weeks is just enough time to start changing a couple of key habits for the better! But these 12 weeks can make a big difference.

"You are going to get the best results by eating well first, that's where it has to start. You could lift all the weights in the world, but if you're not eating right you won't see much difference in yourself." - yeah, exactly that is what I had to realize the hard way over the last years as the fat was slowly but surely creeping on my body... despite the rather active life and lots of excercises. Without all the bodyweight excercises I would look like a ball already

But there is hope.

Since some weeks I've started already to do exactly as you advice, changing some eating habits, taking small steps, taking wins along the way. I have not eaten sweet pastry or white bread stuff for a week now. That is a big deal for me, as I always have been starving for pastry before.

Well, I can already see the benefit of mutual support, feeling more optimistic.
Thanks, and wish you good luck with the next 12 weeks too!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Here we go. The beginning measurements:
Weight: 73 kg / 160 pounds
Waist: 83 cm
Hips: 109 cm
Chest: 89 cm
Thigh: 65,5 cm
Upper arm: 32 cm

Goals for the TTTC:
Weight: to get under 63 kg / 140 pounds
Waist: 73 cm
Hips: 100 cm

I have not been below 65 kg for 10 years, since I gave up smoking - so that would be a breakthrough for me!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 PM

Yesterday and today I was more focusing on nutrition, and I am happy that I made some positive changes. No bread, no pastry - already for over a week. Also no cakes, no chocolate. How long can I keep it up? Hopefully VERY long Right now it actually feels very good.

This is the key for me, as I was already working out regularly - but it could only keep me from getting more fat, but not leaner because of the bad diet.
I had one continuous string of cheat days for years
Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Hi Ariane, welcome and thanks for the encouragment on my thread. I wish you all the best. The times I've done really well during TC's has been when I was regularly on this blog and sharing my struggles and sharing in the struggles in others and getting and giving help.

I travel allot and then fall off the eating clean wagon. I do well with exercising regularly. I just have the hardest time eating clean.

I'm going to focus on the gluten free route this time around as well as juicing. Juicing seemed to really help me with the bread and sweet cravings. Watch the documentery "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". It's very motivating and informative.

Kick some butt and good luck.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM

Thanks John!

I did not kicked, but shaped some butt today
The first workout of Booty for ladies.

When reading the introduction of Booty for wife I found a very important statement, that I have missed until now.

Craig says for women the following is the order of importance on fat loss programs:
1. Social support
2. Nutrition
3. Excercise!

And now I see he is right.

I was doing 3. for years, but had very bad habits on 2. and almost zero 1.
So now I turn it around Already feeling better, only after a few days.
Also in my life, there is a transition period that I am going through, and recently I also start to pull in more social support that was missing badly...
For us, ladies, emotional support is indeed key - we often resort to chocolate and pastry to substitute for love and care.

John, could you tell me more what you mean on "juicing"?
Drinking juices? What types of juices are best? Thanks!